What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Power Plant?

mtbazz

Just started some of these I got as freebies from GN....

Whats the low down with this strain? Is it a keeper (worth keeping a mother around)?

I did search, but found conflicting information...some said its pure indica, others said its a sativa..what is the taste, aroma, and yield like?

thanks

DTFuqua

I grew it for awhile and loved it. Had to quit growing due to daughter inlaw problems and didn't want LEO knocking on the door or I would still have it. It's not for sleep.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I really enjoy PPP. Its a sativa and I found a few phenotypes all good. There is the flat top bud pheno and the very sugary dense pheno. Both and excellent IMHO. Never fails to get people properly lifted.

Hope you enjoy it. 9 to 10 weeks, easy to grow and a good yeilder. I have grown it in hydro, coco, and soil.

Space Toker

Veteran
I did this along with other strains and may have gotten some mixed up but from what I see, the 3p's ppp's are just fine and heard others say the same. South african sativa from what I heard, very good yield and quality from what I hear. again I got things mixed up so not sure. what I thought were ppp (with 90% certainty) were nice!

mtbazz

great thanks...poppe 5 beans and all 5 appear to be female..Wish I had the time and space to clone them all and pick different phenos but thats simply not posssible..

Sounds like I'll be safe going, eenie, meeni, meinie, moe...catch a tiger by the toe... :)

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I'm almost positive that Pure Power Plant is a Durban Poison and Skunk hybrid. It is one of the classic commercial plants. If you asked growers on forums in '01 what was a top commercial plant you would get PPP, NL, big bud hybrids, etc.

You don't hear much about it anymore. But hell. You don't hear much about NL, blueberry, bubblegum, mango, bc bud, etc. anymore either. It is just an old school plant and a lot of those old school plants are inbred nowadays. Very popular in the late 90s though.

jessethestoner

exactly i remember people saying it was relatively common in Amsterdam for a while in the early 2000's because it was a cash cropping sativa dom hybrid and got more money for being something out of the ordinary.
is it still the same as back then?

igrowone

Veteran
i did just 1 of those free PPP seeds, it was different, at least to someone who was used to the sativa's of the 70's
there are sativa and indica phenos, i got an indica pheno, and a very calming indica it was
heavy producer, and very low anxiety smoke
i did see a post that is what is bred for, strong but calm, so as not to have some newb smoking their first joint at a dutch cafe and then having some paranoid attack

mtbazz

i did just 1 of those free PPP seeds, it was different, at least to someone who was used to the sativa's of the 70's
there are sativa and indica phenos, i got an indica pheno, and a very calming indica it was
heavy producer, and very low anxiety smoke
i did see a post that is what is bred for, strong but calm, so as not to have some newb smoking their first joint at a dutch cafe and then having some paranoid attack

So whats your overall feeling? Is it something you would want to keep around?

How was the odor/taste of the cured product?

yoss33

Veteran
PPP is definitely way more indica than Nirvana's Durban Poison which is Durban x Skunk. So, I'd speculate it is Durban / NL or Durban / Afghan. Short flowering and high yield of something that is of enough power and is not indica, that's what it is about. Not for connoseurs.

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
So whats your overall feeling? Is it something you would want to keep around?

How was the odor/taste of the cured product?

i don't have the luxury of keeping plants as clones, just 1 or 2 seedlings
for me, it had some very good traits, probably the most calming weed for night time use i've had
plant was very resinous, the seed packet and other posts claim it is a white strain, i.e. white widow in the genetics
taste very mild, this was a very low odor pheno, slightly aromatic, which does somewhat jibe with the durban genetics

Bongojaz

I really enjoy PPP. Its a sativa and I found a few phenotypes all good. There is the flat top bud pheno and the very sugary dense pheno. Both and excellent IMHO. Never fails to get people properly lifted. Hope you enjoy it. 9 to 10 weeks, easy to grow and a good yeilder. I have grown it in hydro, coco, and soil.

i'm finishing some up now. i have both phenos you mention. the flat top is kind of strange looking, lol. big bulbous buds with a pretty flat top, and both phenos are extremely resinous. will post a couple pics soon. def. a keeper imo... i'm creeping up on 10 weeks.

Claude

Veteran
Top strain,

The taste is subtle not strong.
The buzz is a complete spectrum, good indica/sativa.
The buzz last fairly long.
I made some killer honey oil with it and it has allot of CBD. (hammer)

I recommend that strain for any one who want quality and yeild.

Respect
Claude

mukuku

for me it's afghane x skunk durban and the only one I made was more indica.

good yield in 55-60 days

Latest posts

Latest posts