What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Mexico weed landrace?

joe guy

Ok here's is the deal my lil brother is dating this lil Mexican
Chick and her uncle ( gun totein cow boy hat big belt buckle ostriches boot wearin Mexican) gave my bro some weed. Didnt look horrible, (not in a brick yet) so he has been finding seeds and passing them on to me
Not a crazy amount per nug but not sensimillia that we grow...
I'm thinking he is cartel ish if that's even a word.
Is this or would you think this is classified as a Mexican land race?
I e been lookin high and low for some one with Schwag but it seems o be extinct .. I've been dabbling in making seed and would love to not pay the prices of seed now a days and make my own killer cross..
I'm young and have more time on my hands than money

Last edited by a moderator:

OldSSSCGuy

I believe there are a few Mexican landraces. I remember some Oaxaca sativa that was brain numbing, and some Sonora sativa that was almost indica-like. But that was like 30+ years ago and now there are all manner of mixes everywhere. Polluted gene pool...

joe guy

I was kinda hoping against all odds with these beans
But the smell of the flower took me back to jr. High school
I didn't smoke it tho kinda feel like a snob, but all things considering
It came over in a flex fit trash bag lol no joke the black bag with the triangle shapes if u know what I mean. I wana take a pic f the guy just to show u he is super Pisa (no offence to Mexicans ) talkin prison talk here but yeha I'm sure he is not a good guy..

joe guy

Ill check if he has any more flowers left to snap a pic of to see if any one can I.D. Them
But I doubt it..
Anyway I'd be proud to show them what happens when they bring their garbage here and
We get a hold of their stock and make fire heavy yeilds out of their shit....
Lets teach them how to grow real meds...

S

Slip Kid

Correct me if I'm wrong please but I do not believe there are any Cannabis plants indigenous to the Americas.Everything came with the Columbian expansion.:) "Mexican pot" has simply migrated from India and Africa etc.There are always great plants to find in Mexi seed, you just have to put down the AK-47 and start looking.Some of those big ass belt buckle wearing cholos will tell you it's the best in the world but that's an opinion, possibly related to the tight denims they wear with them buckles...joking, eh?I grew up in NM so I've seen loads of "behind the barn" mexi weed, some good, some not so good.An occaisional great one of course but still dried in a smelly barn full of pig shit, my nieghbors barn!

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Paisas are str8 gangster...They grow outdoors everywhere all over the U.S. and use the same genetics everyone else grows...Blue Dream...OG...Etc

Mexicans in Mexico stopped growing 12+week sativa landrace strains a long time ago...they've moved onto the Dutch genetics with much faster flowering times....

Its funny how you call their weed shit....they'd laugh at your cute 400 watt light and show a 1000 racks from just one of many outdoor locations...young Kids are so stupid

killa-bud

Veteran
i think most of the import Mexican stuff is going be cash crop strains now of days..

i grow out a couple of bagseeds i get from regs/shwagg pretty frequently (just for the hell of it)....and they almost always look indica dominate

S

Slip Kid

I imagine some groups of older cannabis have acclimated to areas of southern Mexico just like ditchweed in Nebraska and Iowa etc.The only diff being potency.What goes on in Mexico, I have no idea.Used to go there all the time until the early 90's and saw a shoot out a Puerto Escondido.That was enough for me.If we hadn't ruined Mexico, the place would be a paradise! The positives are too long to list and now so are the negs but there are always some killer plants in some good fresh brick.

I am guessing the growers for the cartel work year round and store massive amounts. Jamaica started using blueberry crosses to have multiple harvest windows in vs the long flowering time sativas. So I am guessing something along the same line has happened in mexico....

Free seeds are free seeds. I have had good mex weed from time to time. Often time it is pulled prematurely and of course poorly poorly handled. make you wounder what it potential could have been....sprout em, but not a landrace.

S

Slip Kid

It's astounding when you see a TV show about cannabis or canna growers.You just happen to know the truth and it sure makes you wonder how they distort all the other stories out there.They read one or two news articles and they know everything, I'm afraid I can't believe anything anymore.Remember the tortilla wrapper they found..."Mexican cartel growers, see this can of beans!" looks like my cracker cabinet!!:)

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Mexico has tons of weed. Literally. But almost none landrace anymore. Almost all are "pretendica". 90 day wonders too. They are polyhybrids of central and south american weed and dutch stock and acclimatised for bush growing..

Grew mexican seeds during high school. My advice is buy breeder seeds unless u are guerrilla growing. That is all they are really good for. Free seeds of hardy outdoor bushweed, that usually lacks in quality. Good bushweed genes do exist but are very rare.

Here is some pretty standard 90 day wonder pretendica I bought from a friend a few years ago. It is nothing special. Compared to medical grade it is crap.

A

Alone

I would stick with good genetics from American breeders, and not genetics from 5 acres of mountainside plants grown in Mexico. These are NOT landrace but rather acclimized poly-hybrids with huge hermi tendancies.

idiit

Veteran
very difficult to find pure landraces even in south america, or any other place in the world due to "the dutch invasion". cannabiogen has some authentic mexican landrace strains and they are worked by kahki (one of the best breeders) so are authentic and pretty much hermie free.

a lot of what ppl think is mex. is actually paraguay compressed weed. it seems like paraguay is one great big canna growing nation. paraguay is the largest exporter of highly compressed brickweed in the world by far. many of these strains are crippi (landrace/dutch hybrids) commercial strains highly compressed while wet. still some great gems to be found but lots and lots of work involved in isolating and breeding acceptable seed stock.

joe guy

I know I am spelling it wrong but her family is the from the same part of Mexico my wife Is from Zacatecas idk? Where poncho via was from.. Seen the bad ass revolution pictures..
But yeah my brothers chicks uncle is a pretty bad ass dude..
It wouldn't surprise me if he was cartel.. But I was amazed when he showed
Me quote" oh shit I've been trying to find brick for a long time "
Lol that's why I figured I'd start this thread.. I figured the brick was extienct like the dinosaurs lol.. But yes they will be poped as soon as this run of babies is in flower..

joe guy

But as too buying landrace I'm not down to pay what all these "breeders" want for their stock
It's insane to charge that for a 15 + week seed. That's why I started growing my own
I don't want to pay the price for what dealer are charging for a. 1/8th
It's insane.. Thought huh outdoor weed from Mexico is a better shot
At a landrace than a bean from my buddy's backyard..
I'm prepping my outdoor spots now and was Gona use these to test the waters so to speak
And if they are still there then I know I'm good. I just don't wana waste
My good genitics on some punk kids finding my stash spot

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
if you don't get brick pack you prolly don't live in a major city.
i have tons of mexican seeds, some are hybrids, but most of the ones i come across are pure sativa. just smoke the weed, if it's all in the head with little to no body grow the seeds it's prolly a sativa. i have some beans a mexican sent me from guerrero. i can't wait to grow em out. landrace i believe, he labeled it pure guerrero.

also tiny seeds are most always sativa, larger seeds are hybrids or indica ime.

joe guy

And storm yes it is crap , it's garbage that came in a trash bag
Not cured and like some one said above premature probly had moldy chunks
In it before it got here.. So if you wana insult me for only running a 400
FUCK YOU get outa my thread I'm asking a legit question if you can't answer
It just read like the rest of guys that visited this thread and didnt chime in.
And I'm not a kid I'm in my mid 30's I run a 400 cause I'm not a dealer I smoke what i grow
I don't sell a thing I don't need some wearehouse with 20 1,000 watters.

joe guy

:tiphat:They are a bit on the small side compared to the mr. Nice I crossed with the pie and same for the bubba pie cross I'm working thru are beast beans.. So lets hope for pure sativa only thing in my stable are poly and Indi.. Thanks to everyone who chimed in with useful posts
Figured who better to ask what the chances were of a land race than guys who have been growing a lot longer than I...

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
fuck those kids joe, it was the same way 10 years ago and it will be the same 10 years from now. some n00b who reads a couple of high times thinks they are masters of weed growing. same type of cats who post their first thread going, "how much yield can i get from 5000watts in a 8x12 room, and which strain has the most molecules?"

i also don't know what mexican weed he has but almost everytime i pop a bean its sativa. got one now flowered at 4 inches, i need to take 2 pictures just to get it all in the frame.