What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else on here a fan of L S Lowry?

smokefrogg

Veteran
google showed me some pics of his artwork, i've seen one or 2 of these before, i like this one with the big hill in the middle
A%20Landmark.jpg

haha, total reverse planking
prints_0045_big.jpg

Superhoops

I like how his pictures show movement and everyone going about their business. I am not a huge art fan but Lowry's work talks to me for some reason!

A

AcidHouse

I'm a new member, and i don't want to dig up an old subject if its over, but am from the area and work close to the Lowry Theatre, so it caught my eye. Not an art aficionado at all, I know what i like.

Oasis introduced me to L.S when i saw there 'The Masterplan' video, and wanted to know why it was done in such a style, (also the only song i can stand to listen to anymore).
My favourite is the 'Going to the Match' painting, probably the most famous but hey. As a kid i thought they were wheres wally type paintings.

The only time i ever hear his name anymore is when one of his paintings get stollen from somewhere and it gets into the local advertiser.

Any recommendations of his work that doesn't include the match stick people? i like the one above.

Attachments

• lowry240708_450x349.jpg
    lowry240708_450x349.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 28