What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

30 gal coco girls

Rolando Mota

So this is my second go with this setup - 4 plants with 4x600s and a 1k in the center. First round was ok but the plants were too small. Had them in 15gal coco, plus they weren't vegged long enough. Got a pound apiece. So this time they're in 30gal smartpots with 10 weeks of veg. Canna coco nutes.

Sorry but it was hard to get a decent picture, too crowded in there!

chem4 day 70
picture.php

picture.php

Cheers!
:joint:

Rolando Mota

Thanks easyrasta.

Went with a monocrop this time. 4 different cuts last round made things a little trickier.

forty

looks like the c4 filled the room pretty nice this time. how often do you have to water? nice grow.

mg75

very nice. i have a similar garden in the winter. we have over 100 degree weather these days so i only have the 1000w on.
is it a sealed room? are you using C02? AC?

loyalty7

amazing results, your yields are gonna be much better this time around, not that 1 per plant is bad:tiphat: coco is incredible, everyone i talk to, i try to convert them over, i'll be watching this one.

Rolando Mota

forty - yeah, much better this time. I've used pvc manifolds w/spray stakes in the past with coco, but with these big mommas I've been watering by hand. They've each been getting 2-2.5 gallons per day.

red - thanks!

mg75 - no co2 or ac, it's a basement in the pnw so temps haven't been an issue. Stays in the 70s, actually have a heater that kicks on in the dark cycle.

mega - I know, like around 140 and I could have used another 50 easily. Thanks!

loyalty7 - it's true, coco rocks! Been my medium of choice for a few years now. This room is my first time growing (indoor) trees though.
Yields should definitely be better. Have a laugh, here they were last time at day 42. Ha!

picture.php

I put diffusion film up too, seems to help a lot.

Rolando Mota

Thanks for the comments.

I walled off a space to create a 13x16 room. Unfortunately there are some posts in the way so the footprint for the growing area is 10.5x10.5. Too bad, I would really like to see what 5x1k lights could do with the same layout but I would guess you would need a 12x12 footprint, maybe bigger.

D

DonkDBZ

Them girls looking nice. I don't see why you couldn't use 5k in the same layout. I got 8k in a 9x13 room.

If you set up some cool tubes or fans on the floor use can have a 1k within 18"s of your girls

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I'm curious about your ideas on the best placement of the lights on the vertical axis. in the pics it looks like your lights are up to the top. how do you place them during veg and how close are they to the canopy? great looking grow!

Rolando Mota

Donk - Yeah it's true with this setup you have a bigger footprint than in a flat garden or maybe a stadium. I wanted to try growing trees is why I went this route.

mg75 - Averaged 28oz per plant, not too bad.

Schrews - she's a solid lady and tasty too!

chris - yeah about as big as they could grow for the space

chunky - Thanks. They were vegged most of the way under a horizontal light. Once the plants get even with the bulb they stretch like a mofo, but they will still make nice buds. Not sure what the optimum placement is but this seemed to give the best light penetration.

chem4 nug
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts