What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Death of 'Caveman' ends an era in Idaho.......

await at "the rainbow bridge" for your fellow animals big and small, thar coming! say hello to artie fair in you bump into him.

one of the last bridge river/ fraser river mountain men; he'll guide you on your journey na'tan shavi deban'tour

watts

ohms
Veteran
did he die from an insect bite or something? Seems like bugs and all kinds of stuff would be all over him. That would get old fast. Interesting story.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
what a great story, thanks for bumping it.

he made me think of a zen monk up on a mountain, getting something from the daily toil, being a part of nature, and the time and the peace to contemplate it.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

The stories this guy must've been able to tell had to be amazing.

And living to 94 in those conditions? amazing in itself, that's
the kind of life that likely robs you of some years over time.

I'm always willing to admit when I'm wrong, after some consideration the fact that he rarely or never ate any processed foods added many many healthy years to his life, that and herbal remedies. His herbal remedies would probably worked for him because they weren't battling the toxins that normally build up in bodies of people eating processed foods.......

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great story thanks for the bump S4L...and i saw mention of my favorite book as a youngster "My side of the mountain" by Jean Craighead George. Many a day spent recreating that book in my own world in the forest :) Then i had to grow up :(

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great story thanks for the bump S4L...and i saw mention of my favorite book as a youngster "My side of the mountain" by Jean Craighead George. Many a day spent recreating that book in my own world in the forest :) Then i had to grow up :(

there's always time to some tomfoolery Critter.

reading this story makes me wish I'd heard of him 20 years ago, maybe giving myself a chance to rent a cave for me & the dogs for a night or two, too bad I missed that issue of Natl Geographic.

just to hear the stories, or his music, a real loss.

EDIT:
OK, maybe not to hear all of the stories.......

Due to the media coverage, the array of people who visited the caves over the years was impressive. Indeed, the interesting residents and the stories they told became almost as big an attraction as the caves themselves. Bruce Long, Dugout’s caretaker, liked to tell about Leann, a 70-year-old transvestite who lived in the northernmost cave for several years. During one holiday cave gathering involving a lot of beer, Leann was in the middle of an argument with another resident when she had to step outside to pee. She never came back. After 20 minutes Long went to check on her. When he stepped outside onto the foot-wide terrace, he saw two high heel shoes stuck in the rocks but no Leann. He was calling her name when he heard someone moaning down below. On another terrace ledge, 50 feet below, was Leann, all bruised and cut up. As she later related to the group, after a visit to the ER to get stitched up, she had indeed been peeing when she lost her balance mid-stream. She fell forward, out of her shoes, and onto the rocks below.

:laughing::laughing:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts