What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Antler Carving

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody try this art? This is some antler carving I was doing a couple years back. It is an Elk horn relief carved entirely with a dremel tool and sander. I have no idea how long this took me but months! I am doing a little chainsaw work now I'll post after completion in another thread. I had no formal training just a creative mind and as an avid artifact hunter that gave me the inspiration..Would love to hear your comments and see your art work as well..thanks for the views...DD

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I made horn pipes 30 years ago, horn smokes real cool and smooth. Looks good.
H

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maplemonk thanks for your visit and comment..Haps you too! I had one of those pipes at one time. DD

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
that is really cool DD .... my grandfather in law carved a 20 foot oak tree into a crazy mural design ... i cant post pics it is in his front yard ... but it was all chainsaw work ... in fact he almost lost his lips when he hit a knot and the saw bounced back

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
.... my grandfather.. in fact he almost lost his lips when he hit a knot and the saw bounced back
Ouch...yes...very dangerous stuff Jack...even the dremel work can get you..if you know what I mean..thanks for the comments..you too Idont..DD

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Detail...

Detail...

I'd like to show some pix of the detail that can be acheived with carving bone because of its density..it is very hard and with high speed tools you can get to minute detail..of course I have to wear magnifying glasses to do this..DD

picture.php

picture.php

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
now you got me going. i smoke out of my first antler pipe just the other day, imagine that. I want to make a little hash/kif spoon from an antler.

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe cool :D reminds me of some stuff i used to do as a kid :D but i used to use raindeer antlers :D they were available all over the place back in my country of birth :D

B

bonecarver_OG

antlers are not good idea for pipes.. its like pretty much the same material as NAILS and HAIR, it burns, so the smoke will taste horrible.

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts