What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lights

Ono Nadagin

that is a great place to get your bulbs ballast and such, but I would not buy that light, it is much cheaper to build your own... and it is very easy

If heat is an issue, you want to stay away from VHO bulbs as they put off 2-3 times the heat... it is noticeable even with floros... they wont be smoking hot like a MH/HPS but they can put off enough heat to warm a closet to 80f

If you can tell me the size area your wanting to cover(I assume your wanting to cover a set square footage) and I can show you what products you can use to get better performance at a much cheaper price than they light you posted a link to

Last edited:

420Joe

Well thats the thing im not sure what im going to do yet.I think them flo's would b good in a 6 drawer dresser.I was going to buy a 400 mh but i would have to build another stealth armiore.I was think the dresser would b easyer to deal with.

Ono Nadagin

Are you doing this for a veg area or for veg/flower?

You can flower with floro if you wish but it requires good bulbs and cabinet design

Floro is far superior for veg for the personal stash grower.... you get tight internode spacing since you can get the lighs so close to the plants..... and you dont really need a monster mother plant so floros work great.... esp if you go with good bulbs

420Joe

cool ya im doing it for veg.I have a 400 hps well 2 of them.So ill have like 2 armoires already and i was hoping i wouldnt need another.
:)

teddynugent

I would make it yourself for sure. That light is way over-priced. I made one with 8 4ft. flouros and it cost me about $35-40 with all 8 bulbs and the wood to mount it on. You might also want to think about compact flouros. I seen some for real cheap on e-bay. $15 for a 95wt. bulb. A few of those would do a perfect job for vegging. From my experience, the compact flouros grow even more compact and bushy plants than the tubes do. With the tubes, the best light output is in the middle, so the plants on the end never do quite as good for me, unless I continually rotate them which is what I usually do. I don't have that problem when I use the compact flouros.

Either way, I wouldn't buy that light. You could buy a 1000wt. HID for that price. Or you could buy 4-600wts. worth of flouros and your vent fans or some other grow equip. That light you were looking at was $255 for just the fixture. You'd still have to buy all the bulbs. Anyway, just my opinion.

rasputen

Compact Flouros

Compact Flouros

My .0002 worth.

I have some crate/cabs & receintly removed an HPS(400W) from my mother cab & am now back using several 42W spiral CF's.

I am pushin' the fixture called Vanity Fixture (generic).
You can find these any where, HD-Lowes, really anywhere they sell building electrical fixtures.

These things come in various lengths & #'s of sockets.

Last edited:

teddynugent

Very cool rasputen. How much do those cost? Can you get higher watt bulbs to run in there too? Any info would be great.

Thanks,

-Teddy

rasputen

I paid $16 for that one pictured at Lowes or Home dePOT :confused:

You can rig it on a track shelf mount or screw it to a verticle surface. I run the 42W CF's for my mothers & sometimes unscrew one or 2 bulbs as needed for extra temp regulation.

Just thought it was a great idea, don't even think I'm near the first to use a vanity fixture. I don't really care who was first, just like using things that were ment to be one thing used as something else:rolleyes:

The instructions say: Use 60W bulbs max. So I go with that.
It also says, "Suitable for damp location", I like that.

a rebel always
1139teef.gif

Last edited: