What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Summer Vacation in North/South Dakota

HIGHINSP

So here’s the situation...this will be the second year me and my buddy take our families. (9 of us) cross country...we are from So. Cal...last year we hit Maine...good food...good people... ok weed...tbh I’m a lil intimidated by ND marijuana laws...3 of us have California medical recommendations... we will fly into Bismarck...then to Leeds...then Medora...and finally Custer state park resort...we need advice on recreation...food...and most importantly weed...so far we plan to see international peace garden...and all the major stuff down by Custor...but we have no plans (yet)for Bismark (1 day)...1 of the days in Leeds...1 day in Medora...and we have 3 unplanned days at the Custor resort...hopefully any locals can chime in with advice...1 love and respect...high

Just bring some with you. Vacuum seal whatever you're bringing in a brown paper bag and put it into a pocket of your folded clothes. X-ray's can't see weed. You can do this for your carry on or checked bag. Bring a few vape cartridges too. I've done it plenty of times.

HIGHINSP

Just bring some with you. Vacuum seal whatever you're bringing in a brown paper bag and put it into a pocket of your folded clothes. X-ray's can't see weed. You can do this for your carry on or checked bag. Bring a few vape cartridges too. I've done it plenty of times.

Thank you...however I do not want the risk or hassle of flying like that...1 love...high

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mail it to yourself wherever you are staying.

Used to do that. In the early 2000's, went to PHX area to stay at a resort in January. There was a delivery mail service in AZ. Made our time exploring so much more fun. Still had some and mailed back to me.

Did that regularly when in Europe.....mailed home seeds, hash.

Enjoy your trek!

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I went to college at Rapid City in the S. D. Black Hills and have good memories of that time. I used to hang out at Custer doing the summer job. IDK much about North Dakota, but South Dakota is still pretty repressive (lock em up and throw away the key) about Cannabis. The best memory of the game park is giving the wild burros (from old mining days) a bottle of beer to drink. They come up to the car to drink just like a baby drinks out of a bottle. Anyway if you have a rental car, play tourist and see stuff like Mt. Rushmore, Sylvan Lake, Deadwood, Custer etc. Mailing cannabis to your lodge like above said, is the best bet because the scenery around there is so pretty. Just don't mess with LEO. On my last trip to SD I got stopped for speeding (way fast) in Nebraska and the first words out of LEO's mouth was "Do you have any medical pot on you?" LOL

HIGHINSP

$50 for two gs of schwag in medora beside that dry...no traffic good people...had a great time...highlights were...North Dakota international peace garden...devils lake...off site alcohol sales...South Dakota needles highway...Evans Plunge hot spring water park fucken aye...BUFFALO...And NO CALIFORNIA TRAFFIC..1high

HIGHINSP

Pics from trip

Pics from trip

The best trip ever...high

Attachments

• 9745FF73-0AC1-4A8F-9EE9-F2383EA84158.jpg
    9745FF73-0AC1-4A8F-9EE9-F2383EA84158.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 4AED1DE8-6F08-4E4B-9530-B6A5D29C595A.jpg
    4AED1DE8-6F08-4E4B-9530-B6A5D29C595A.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 92
  • B48FF877-F0E9-4E98-B130-0586E51BE5CD.jpg
    B48FF877-F0E9-4E98-B130-0586E51BE5CD.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 85
  • FD9131CA-ADA7-4D54-B124-1B267832AB57.jpg
    FD9131CA-ADA7-4D54-B124-1B267832AB57.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 8D6924E5-F130-4FAE-A06C-DCB3D6B3FE1C.jpg
    8D6924E5-F130-4FAE-A06C-DCB3D6B3FE1C.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 92

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I'm glad you had a good time. Sorry I wasn't able to be any help. We were very preoccupied with the wife's cancer. Actually still are, hoping for a beautiful summer together. We wish all of you the best of health and life.
Peace. Farmerlion

Nannymouse

I grew up all the heck over the dakota territory. South Dakota highlights are the black hills, Corn Palace, Wall Drug. North Dakota has awesome badlands, International Peace Gardens, and LOTS of good fishing and hunting, critter watching.