What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

G

WOW! thanks for the quote. It really has alot of seperate great things all rolled into one. I use B1 now but have not yet delved into humic and fulvic acid yet but have read about them. Along with that all the vitamins and aminos plus the simple and complex sugars how can you go wrong. It even has plant extracts so I dont need the green fuse anymore! I bet in conjunction with the hygozyme ,which helps break down all the goodies, the plant will grow like Barry Bonds after 30 :bashhead: . I still feel my EA/EN should stay in the mix though cuz I dont think Karm has mychorziae which I believe is as impotant as my new love hygrozyme.

I hope you dont mind me shooting you a question or 2 cuz I'm still dialing in my usage of PBP products. Do you use a PPM meter or just measure and mix? And also do you give them any kinda kick in the last 3 weeks to phatten them up or does the Karma, with its sugars, take care of that. I usually add a sugar watering starting at week three and keep using sugar water until I clearex about 5 days b4 harvest. thanks again bro!

L

Lune TNS

No problems at all answering your questions, but if I were you I'd also be sure to ask some of the other members here as I'm sure theyre more experienced than me. I've never used a ppm meter, honestly I'd like one, I just can't afford one right now (paying for school>paying for ppm meter). As of right now I just measure and mix, but I don't really push the nutes too much, and rarely go over 1/2 strength. Like I said before, this is my first time with promix, so I'm still feeling it out, but it's worked just fine so far. In the past I've never used any extra products before harvest, but if there is such a product that fattens them up a good deal then please be sure to let me know! I know many members used molasses towards the end, I'm sure some others in this thread can help you out there. Also, I always have some cal-mag on hand, just in case a calcium of magnesium def shows up. I know that if you're using PBP with rh water you will need this. I use tap water that was been left to sit for a few days, so I only need it on occasion. Hope I've been some help... grow luck with your grow. :joint:

Last edited:
L

Lune TNS

Well looks like I'm out of luck, both my SDxOGs are fella's. This leaves me with 2 girls out of 8 plants, the second grow in a row where I've gotten a really crappy m/f ratio. I think it's time to build a small mother cab....

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Same w/ me on the Highender's, 4 M, 2 F, lost other 4. I kept 3 of the males and will put both the gals in with them in a few wks, make F2's. Both the girls are pretty small, will go to bubble. The main reason I grew the Highend was for it's reported excellent hash. We'll see...Have clones from the girls I'll grow big. :wink:

I was @ HM this wk, and came real close to buying the hygrozyme after listening to you guys, but didn't pull the trigger. (I did buy my 1st bale of Pro-Mix :D ) I'm running the full line of Earth Juice products, and really want to just zero in w/ that stuff.
That said, the bloomers got a one-time shot of liquid humus today, bubbled 24 hrs. w/ EJ Bloom.

Last edited:
G

Highlighter said:
Same w/ me on the Highender's, 4 M, 2 F, lost other 4. I kept 3 of the males and will put both the gals in with them in a few wks, make F2's. Both the girls are pretty small, will go to bubble. The main reason I grew the Highend was for it's reported excellent hash. We'll see...Have clones from the girls I'll grow big. :wink:

I was @ HM this wk, and came real close to buying the hygrozyme after listening to you guys, but didn't pull the trigger. (I did buy my 1st bale of Pro-Mix :D ) I'm running the full line of Earth Juice products, and really want to just zero in w/ that stuff.
That said, the bloomers got a one-time shot of liquid humus today, bubbled 24 hrs. w/ EJ Bloom.

Pull the trigger dude :bashhead: ! :rasta: The shit rocks. My stems and shoot branches got so thick and green as soon as I started using the stuff. My side branches are as thick as my main stalk used to be in some occasians. Its like a super charger for nute intake and helps clean the soil too. I didn't even flush once until the 2 weeks of my last grow. I tend to hit my ladies pretty hard too with full strength doses of PBP with boosters. I usually would lock up bu the 6th week but no more with the hygro. Pretty amazing shite if you ask me. :joint:

G

Lune TNS said:
Well looks like I'm out of luck, both my SDxOGs are fella's. This leaves me with 2 girls out of 8 plants, the second grow in a row where I've gotten a really crappy m/f ratio. I think it's time to build a small mother cab....
I remember when I would get a ten pack and hope and prey. That stinks bro. I started doing the clone thing and never looked back. But now I kinda miss looking for that Mommy in the group plus I need some new genes. Kinda gettin board with the same old same old.

Do you guys go through Seedbay and Boutique? I use to drive to Montreal but I want some Rez seeds and dont think they have them there

L

Lune TNS

I've used the bay but never seedboutique. Their service is really good, if you send it express (like 40 bucks from UPS) you get an extra free pack too. 3 packs for the price of one :joint:

L

Lune TNS

Oh yeah by the way HL your gonna love the promix. I use the promix hp, and this run I added 20% perlite. I've found so far that they do the best with the pH at 6. I bumped it up to 6.2 for a bit because PM:HP has a good amount of peat moss in it, and I wasn't sure if the promix had enough dolomite lime. After I did that I got some slight lockout, so just keep it at 6 and you're golden.

peace and good luck, all

G

Lune TNS said:
Oh yeah by the way HL your gonna love the promix. I use the promix hp, and this run I added 20% perlite. I've found so far that they do the best with the pH at 6. I bumped it up to 6.2 for a bit because PM:HP has a good amount of peat moss in it, and I wasn't sure if the promix had enough dolomite lime. After I did that I got some slight lockout, so just keep it at 6 and you're golden.

peace and good luck, all

Yeah I get the HP and still add a healthy dose of perlite too.I also throw in some guanos and OXYCAL(another favortite) so I add lime while I'm there and putting in ammendments. I just PH my water with the liquid test and get it to look like gold piss. Which I think is about 6. I have tap at like 8 so when I add just hygrozyme(here we go with this shit again :bashhead: ) it ph's it perfect for me. I have to adj once I add the PBP but if its just watering I like the fact the hygro is a nice PH adj.

So what are the recomendations from REZ seeds? Should I hold out for this Kush line? Need to add a potent good yielder for the big room and want some super head smoke too for the closets so I'm thinking on grabbing a couple strains. Any feedback from the New England crew?!

admiralcornport

Highlighter said:

I kinda hate that place... its always a mess and the parrot freaks me out. Sounds like we're kinda close. Good luck.

Got some hygrozyme on the way.

Does anyone know why i have dreams of being busted every night?

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, HM is a haul for me and I've only been there a couple of times. Was in the area tho.
I've been using this stuff called Metro Mix for yrs that my local nursery stocks. They grow out all there annuals and perrenials w/ it, and I've always loved it, but the last bale I bought, it had some osmocote type fert in it, which I hate! Same old packaging w/ no mention of added ferts. :frown:

I also add lots of perlite too. Almost bought that $44 bale of larger sized perlite @ HM, but held the trigger on that one too. Thing was huge!
I stuck my probe in the Promix and got a 6.8 PH reading, which is perfect for me. The EJ products are really acidic, but when bubbled 24-48 hrs I can get it up to high 5's/low 6's."Don't panic, it's organic", PH is a little more forgiving in the organic garden.
admiralcornport, what are you ferting with?

G

admiralcornport said:
I kinda hate that place... its always a mess and the parrot freaks me out. Sounds like we're kinda close. Good luck.

Got some hygrozyme on the way.

Does anyone know why i have dreams of being busted every night?
HM is more expensive than Worm's Way too. Within the same-ish driving scope depending. That damn parrot LOL.

And dont let the paranoia win. :joint: Just gotta figure if they know they know. If not do the best you can to not let it happen.

Get ready for the hygorzyme! You'll notice results in a week or two at the MOST! I did a comparison run with some RM grpefruit at a buddies. One without the other with the hygro and EA/EN. Difference was night and day. :headbange

G

Admiral...although my season is over..i have had some anxiety myself lately. I think its the time of yr.Holidays can make me feel weird as much as i love them.I really do think its related to the time of yr.
of course I have no idea the scale of your grow but i tend to not worry much over something small and personal. 4000k etc..thats another story.

Last edited:

admiralcornport

budluver said:
Admiral...although my season is over..i have had some anxiety myself lately. I think its the time of yr.Holidays can make me feel weird as much as i love them.I really do think its related to the time of yr.
of course I have no idea the scale of your grow but i tend to not worry much over something small and personal. 4000k etc..thats another story.

I guess thats it... and all the choppers that have been around...

Just got my hygrozyme... gonna go home and check it befor I wreak it

H

herbal essences

Lune TNS said:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: The first time I went there that bird almost gave me a heart attack.

holy crap, i totally forgot about that parrot, the thing wouldn't stop freaking out at me, the guy came over and put it in some sort of a sack, it was hilarious, haven't been there in a while even tho I'm fairly close :chin:

G

Well I just won three auctions on Seedbay for the very 1st time :jump: . just filled out the form and will overnight it tomorrow 1st thing!

Sour Diesel IBL
Skunk Passion (fems)
White russian
Freebies :headbange

Should be a nice change of pace to have some diesel. I already grow both AK and WW so the cross interested me cuz they're my fav's. And the skunk is for a buddy who's payn so I aint sayin no. I asked for a sativa/haze variety for one freeebie and a indica or 50/50 hybrid like my RM GF. Anything will do but I wanna dabble with a Haze and try out my green thumb on a longer flowering sativa.

Lets hope for a smooth delivery on both sides of the pond. GO PATS! :headbange

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey calyxlover, did you get them yet? :D

OK, I'm ready to throw my grow down. :headbange
This 1st shot houses my clone/vegging area.
Btm row shows freshly taken clones in the bubbler, and on the rgt is the last rd of clones vegging in 4x4 pots. Blue Diesel and Highend
Top row shows 5 Double Sour Diesel's in the 2lt sq pots. More clones. In the back rgt is the Tri cut in the 3/4 gal pot. This row is under a 250w MH.

Next up are 4 Blue Diesels @ 3 wks flowering
Back row 3 topped, center, not so. I have 2 more girls a wk behind these gals. They're normally in a Hydro Hut under 600w sodium.

Pictured next are my only Highend girls :frown:
They're small and will be fully pollinated for F2's. The one on the right is only two wks into flowering and cuttings had just been taken.

Here we are where boys meet girls. Moments before fireworks. :D
They're under 400 HPS, can ya tell? :biglaugh:

Last edited: