What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LST training in detail. Why bushes are better

dubmantx

LST Rocks! :headbange
Good to see your LST babys Sacko! They have really grown up and bushed out!!! You will get some nice colas off that thing!

Just thought id add my bushes to the post. There 6 weeks along about 2-3 weeks from finished i hope! :sasmokin:

R

Ronley

We LUST for LST

We LUST for LST

We all LUST for LST!!!

I re-tied down a Bogglegum plant from the upper nodes. It is now 29 days old. Still too early to know sex?

See how she has grown from 21 days when I first tied her down to 29 days.

Ok, but what about the side branches? Should I be tying them down too?

8cyril8

Excellent job of showing and explaining how is it done.
Very cool and informative thead
And certainly the best technique under fluo.
peace

JetUsUp

ive read this thread a few times since i come to IC and i must say that this is very helpful. i havnt had a chance to use the methode at all yet. but as soon as i doo ill post pics.

G

Heres a lil shot of my canopy.. from my LST'd baby.. Apollo x haze

She was sick for awhile. But thanx to Stich an his help thru many PM's she is doing great now.. Looks different from this shot already... peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
New picz are up LQQK see... Now in 12/12

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

R

Ronley

Sackoweed that does look beautiful.
Did you tie down the side branches as well?

G

Ronley no
I staked them down. with wire. And it worked just the same as you can see. I started training them to grow over the pot. When she got really burnt sick. And stopped growing.. She looks alot better now than the above shots.. Ill post couple new pics in my grow thread here soon. See what she looks like.. Now as for staking and tieing
IMO same thing your training them in another direction. I kinda like the staking cos i trained her in kinda in a circle.. Someone had commented that i wasnt LST'ing at one point to me its the same Cap had mentioned to me as long as it works doit.. peace..

G

Dubman, Ronly, Sack, your guys plants all look so great, I'm very happy to see it work out for everyone. I'll actually have some updates in this thread as I have advanced LST training a bit to later stages of plant growth.

G

When I first tried LST I decided to put my webcam on it and record it to see how the plant reacted.

Here is the result over 8 hours. This gif is animated so hopefully there will be no problems posting it.

time_bend3.gif

Just thought I'd share :)

G

PGrower
That is cool man. + i am high. So its even cooler now.. :joint: ..
You are going to love LST.. I do, Like i said before i will have at least one plant in every grow that will be LST'd.. great work.. peace.. thanx Cap for the encouraging words.. Also welcom to IC Personal grower.. peace

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
PG that's a tré cool use of animated gifs :yes: :yes: I can also give a hearty recommendation to LST. These pics are from a trainwreck in my first grow.

Here at Day 11 from clone she started LST

Next side and top shots in early development

Here's what she looks like now, day 50 flower...

Many props to Caprichoso for taking the time for this thread! :respect:

G

^ MGJ, I've never seen a plant react so well to lst and being tied up than TW... every trained TW plant I see totally lost that "creep n sweep" look of the real-deal TW... branches hanging low, nearly on the ground, etc... awesome work. <3 da Wreck!

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
I'm giving it a shot with a BubbleDust clone...shortly after the pics, I pulled the base tie a little to much and slightly creased the stem...so I'm dealing with that...otherwise I'm excited to see how it all works out. :yoinks:
BD Clone "Medusa" 1st day LST

Brownpants

Thought I would share my method of LST.....I call it Box training, it is for the lazy grower....like me :bat: This is an easy way to manipulate small plants for clones or just for a bushier looking plant.

Picked up a pack of 4 of these cube organizers from superstore ($20).

G

I decided to try LST back a long time ago based on reading this very thread, and its cool to see it resurface now as i am well along my way with LST. I should have some cool new pics up soon in my grow journal (soon!). Here is a somewhat recent pic of my favorite plant, "Butter":

This is just before taking six clones from her... Here she doesnt look very "LST" but its just because i was growing out the clone tips. I guess she does look LST because shes so bushy. The stem on this plant snapped several times while doing some hardcore bending, but it healed nicely anyway.

here is the familiar "LST canopy" pic from above:

this is after taking the clones... you can see if you look close that I like to "bandage" the stems to aid them sealing up after taking the cuttings (sealing off the cut end with paperclips, etc). not that i think it matters all that much, but it just makes me feel better.

ive also LST'd her some more in that pic. this is a keeper mother plant just based on its appearance and health in veg. So far ive taken six clones and they are in week two of root. one already looks dead (it got wilty at one point, and has been weak/dying since) but the other five should be fine. I MAY just put the mother into flower and keep the five clones as mother/s for the next round. i think i might do this because i want to have a killer yield before summer time so i can shut down until fall. :joint:

THANKS to the original thread starter since i wouldnt have tried LST if i hadnt read it to begin with!!

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i love lst, keeps em low and bushy, i train mine in a loop, keeps the top from growing up fast and lets everything catch up nice and perfect.

1-3-06001.jpg

2 days after initial tie down, the loop is starting to make its way up.

1-24-06018.jpg

20 days later :joint:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
love this thread

love this thread

here are a few more examples from me
Sourbubble ready for the chop

Lavender going into flower

AL GREEN (hindu kush x haze)

a JACKCLEANERbx F2

Nothing suits my garden better or gives me more satisfaction than trraining my plants to their full potential.
Peace