What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is optimal?

Dirt Bag

We have a 4' x 8' ebb and flow table and want the absolute best lighting. We've narrowed the choices to either the Sun Systems Boss LEC @ 3100K with the Etelligent controller (finally eliminating the contactor and its twice daily CLUNK) but we're unsure of how many and how to arrange them. Saw a YouTube video of a grow that uses 5 vertical ones over the same area, two side by side on each end and one centered. (Does this seem like overkill?).. Or maybe just 3? Or two 630 dual bulb, also Sun Systems (keeping the contactor and its thunk as these aren't etelligent)
We don't want "adequate", "acceptable", "good enough", or what we have now, "too much". We want optimal.
Would you choose one of these set ups or something different? Please let me know what you think.

Iamnumber

Hi,
I do hope you understand that 'optimal' solution is not a silver bullet one size fits all solution but extremely dependent on requirements and which characteristic are used to value solutions and furthermore what value (weight) is given to each characteristics.

To underline what I am saying.. (optimal) solution to a grow space with 3ft height is very different than one with 10ft height.

I did consider vertical grow but opted out. vertical has its own section on this forum.. perhaps you might find answers there?

Latest posts

Latest posts