What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Philips 315w CDM Elite (CMH)

Ozone25

OK, cool, I'll try ringing him again on Monday.
Hell, I've been sick as a sick dog the last 2 weeks, maybe he got what I have?
Still waiting on seeds to arrive so it's not critical yet.
Thanks for the reply !

To give you an idea of how long you have to wait, I ordered Nov 28th. I emailed him a couple weeks after ordering and he said he boxed it up but hadn't sent it.

I didn't email or call him until Boxing Day, and since then any phone calls or emails I send go unanswered. I opened a paypal dispute and continued calling him and emailing him to no success. I escalated my dispute to a claim since after a week I heard nothing back.

If this health thing is true I'll wait a bit longer but so far I'm very unhappy with how long I've been waiting.

drakore

To give you an idea of how long you have to wait, I ordered Nov 28th. I emailed him a couple weeks after ordering and he said he boxed it up but hadn't sent it.

I didn't email or call him until Boxing Day, and since then any phone calls or emails I send go unanswered. I opened a paypal dispute and continued calling him and emailing him to no success. I escalated my dispute to a claim since after a week I heard nothing back.

If this health thing is true I'll wait a bit longer but so far I'm very unhappy with how long I've been waiting.

That doesn't sound very encouraging. I've been emailing and calling him for the last couple weeks and haven't had a response. I am either going to grab some Welthink ballasts or some Ceramatek kits. I'm trying to see if GEL will sell me ballasts on their own and then pickup some mogul lamps separately.

Feijao

Do these 315s run on magnetic or digital ballasts? If digital what is the RF interference looking like with these things?

Great thread as the 315s have been on my mind a lot lately.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Digital, but low frequency. My Philips ballasts don't seem to cause any RF problems, but I don't know about the others.

drakore

Thanks a lot for all the info rives! I greatly appreciate it. I spent so much time digging through the other thread and this summed up everything.

milkman1

Great to see this thread pop up. We're doing some R&D in our MMJ facility in CO, I'm testing 2 x 315W LEC lights in VEG to replace my 600W MH's. 2 weeks in, there is steady growth, perhaps better nodal spacing. We'll see.

I'm also testing 2x 630W LEC to replace 1000W HPS. The plants love these lights, I'll post pictures when I'm at work on Monday.
Anyone else running the 630's?

HarvestMoon303

I've seen the "newer" 340-350 watts at my local grow store, but I had no idea that there were 630W LEC's. According to a recent test, get the newer, CMH digital ballasts. I'm talking 30%+ improvement over a 400 Mag, back to back, same bulb/fixture/area measured.

Ozone25

I've seen the "newer" 340-350 watts at my local grow store, but I had no idea that there were 630W LEC's. According to a recent test, get the newer, CMH digital ballasts. I'm talking 30%+ improvement over a 400 Mag, back to back, same bulb/fixture/area measured.

Any model numbers or examples of a CMH Digital Ballast? Or is the Philips ballast referenced in the OP a digital ballast? Sorry for the stupid question

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, the Philips ballast is a digital ballast. ALL of the ballasts for the 315 thus far are digital. The 330's, etc, are retrofit lamps for 400's that run on magnetic ballasts.

Guys,

I am looking over on bulbamerica and I am not sure which of these 315w bulbs to order?
Which has the best spectrum for a single use all around bulb, for veg and bloom?
Very little price diff, but I just want to get the right one and get on with it !

This one:
http://www.bulbamerica.com/products...e-e39-mastercolor-cdm-elite-mw-hid-light-bulb

Or this one:
http://www.bulbamerica.com/products...white-mastercolor-cdm-elite-mw-hid-light-bulb

Thanks guys!
I am gonna probably get the ballast rives linked to on the 2nd post.
Sure would have liked to got the deal at ATL, but.....

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Although the picture doesn't show it, the lamp in the second link for $2 more has an internal coating. It will cost you some light output, so you would probably want to avoid that one. While I prefer coated incandescent lamps, I've never understood why some HID lamps are coated - it's not like you can look at them anyhow.

Although the picture doesn't show it, the lamp in the second link for $2 more has an internal coating. It will cost you some light output, so you would probably want to avoid that one. While I prefer coated incandescent lamps, I've never understood why some HID lamps are coated - it's not like you can look at them anyhow.

Thanks man, I appreciate your knowledge and help !

I got one...

I got one...

I went to the local shop today to get a 400W HPS bulb to replace a dead 400W CMH, but I accidentally bought a Sunsystem 315W LEC system instead. So...I'm in!

This thing is bright as F$@& compared to a 400w HPS.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Accidentally?

Wait until you see the difference in the plant's response. A 400w HPS isn't even vaguely comparable....

watts

ohms
Veteran
Would these LEC lights be good for veg mode? Will the 630 cover a 4x4 table, i'm assuming 315 would cover a 3x3