What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blumat auto watering

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
:yoinks::yoinks: man thats a great find........best get me a dozen hunted down.......im thinking standards up top and the extensions spiked to halfway down a ten gallon growbag full of coco!:joint: whats your thoughts sunnydog?

cmoon

Those are VERY cool!
I'm wondering if they might be less "overdrip" prone, as they sample from deeper?

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
it took me a sec to understand just how that in the link works.nice find,,if it works

however what the hell do those have to do with the blumat system :joint:

If you decide to run the system from a main water line instead of a reservoir. It keeps your spigot available with the blumat line hooked in as well.

Another second and you would have had it, I'm sure.

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
If you decide to run the system from a main water line instead of a reservoir. It keeps your spigot available with the blumat line hooked in as well.

Another second and you would have had it, I'm sure.

You MUST USE Blumat's pressure reducer, or I think you will have a mess!!!

beejium

it took me a sec to understand just how that in the link works.nice find,,if it works

however what the hell do those have to do with the blumat system :joint:

thanks i have been looking for a replacement pump for my aquarium maintenance. don't want to buy another python. too bad i run salt water or i would just fill a res for the plants off the aquariums.

Vegan

You MUST USE Blumat's pressure reducer, or I think you will have a mess!!!

you ar reffering to a hose attachment scenario ..right??

im am planning on running off 5-10 gal res //

do I have to buy the pressure reducer or will I be able to use the tank connector that comes in the system..?

you ar reffering to a hose attachment scenario ..right??

im am planning on running off 5-10 gal res //

do I have to buy the pressure reducer or will I be able to use the tank connector that comes in the system..?

Oooh, I wanna know too! I'm ready to order, but I want to make sure I have everything I need. I'm unsure if I need the pressure reducer. Just going to be using a 3-5 gallon reservoir (I has a bucket).

Can anyone post pictures of their connection to the reservoir? Will I need to install some kind of valve on the bucket? Or do you just drop the end of the hose into the water? Actually, it looks like that kit comes with a rain barrel valve....

Inquiring minds want to know!

P.S. Fuggit, I just ordered the kit. Hopefully it will be all I need.

Lapides

Veteran
I just got home and found the 12 dripper starter set on my doorstep. I live in the US and had a little trouble finding them. Anyhow, I am very excited to get these set up. Just about EVERYONE says they love these things.

I'm just wondering if the standard size blumats are big enough for me or if I'll need to get the extenders for the deeper containers. I use 3 gallon grow bags that are about 12-14 inches deep and 10 inches in diameter. Anyone know? Thanks.

Thanks for making these known to us sunnydog, hopefully I'll be able to go on a week and a half vacation and not have to worry about my ladies!

Vegan

Nice ,,,,,

make shure ya start a grow log with em..

as far as I understand ,,yo will be fine with standard size unless ya go to 7 gal containers

im thinking with those and blazeones soil recipe you wouldnt even have to use any fertilizer for the whole run..:yoinks:

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
I just got home and found the 12 dripper starter set on my doorstep. I live in the US and had a little trouble finding them. Anyhow, I am very excited to get these set up. Just about EVERYONE says they love these things.

I'm just wondering if the standard size blumats are big enough for me or if I'll need to get the extenders for the deeper containers. I use 3 gallon grow bags that are about 12-14 inches deep and 10 inches in diameter. Anyone know? Thanks.

Thanks for making these known to us sunnydog, hopefully I'll be able to go on a week and a half vacation and not have to worry about my ladies!

The regular size ones will work just fine.
Just make sure you use a tray under them and make sure they are well dialed in.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Thanks for everyones input on this system. I've seen cheapie houseplant ripoff versions, which piqued my interest. Then saw the Blumat Tropf system on another thread and got searching.

I quite like the idea of both systems.. The Tropf setup for vegging and flowering plants, and the standard wick system for bonsai mums and seedlings..

If, and when, I get rolling with this system I'll drop in a photo of my setup.

Thanks to sunnydog for reassuring me that this type of watering would work for me!

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
can you feed nutrient solution through these, or is it just for water? If you can feed with them, can you use organics...?

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
I've just been searching, only found one supplier in the UK that will deliver, and isn't a hydroponics shop.

http://www.twowests.co.uk/TwoWestsSite/product/TBTK.htm

Quick question though, do you think this single 12 pot kit be enough for a 8 x 3 gallon pots in LC Mix #1/2?

can you feed nutrient solution through these, or is it just for water? If you can feed with them, can you use organics...?

On other threads I've just been reading, people say they have used chemical and organic feeding without problems. One user did comment that when using nutes, you may get salt build up at the end of the hoses, this just breaks off though.

If you're going to use organic teas maybe an inline particle filter, like those used in standard pump/dripper setups, might be a good idea?

Lapides

Veteran
I have mine running right out of my spigot, but I had also made plans on using a rez.

The instructions recommend placing the rez 1 meter above your plants for every 10 meters of feeding line you're using.

Are you running into problems, or still in the planning stages?

smurf,

You can feed nutrient - as long as its mixed up in a reservoir ...at a higher ground level then the blumat itself.

Not sure about organics, but I imagine anything thick enough to clog a normal dripper has the ability to clog one of these things as well.

peace
pm

Squiggles

nice work sunnydog youve answered my questions before
i had a chance to ask

im currently setting up a bato pot grow should work great wth the blumats

thanks again mate

:woohoo: