What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on the Hawaiian Indica in the Cultivators Choice offering?

sbeanonnamellow

Cultivators Choice has a skunk haze cross with hawaiian indica and was trying to find some more info in it. What kinda hawaiian? Is it something some of the other seedbanks would have used in their catalogs in the past, ect...

Interested in learning more about the hawaiian indica side of the line thanks. Much love

Burt

Veteran
The Hawaiian indica was a discontinued sensi seeds offering and I was lucky enough to obtain a clone in the late 90’s of her. She was pure fire! The most insanely sticky tropical smelling dank. It was top shelf and yielded enormously. I believe Neville was responsible for it and he knocked it out of the park

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
it is hawaiian sativa crossed with northern lights: Award Winning Indica/Sativa hybrid with high yields of lime green, thick, curving banana- type buds that have fat bracts and elongated calyxes with a fresh and tangy tropical aroma accompanied by a citrus and fruity menthol flavor. The effects are a mix of an uplifting cerebral buzz with a gentle, warm relaxing body sensation.

regseeds

@sbeanonnamellow Hawaiian Indica is from a gentlemen named Roger From NYC Via Amsterdam. It goes by many names, nobody has really credited him for it. Goes by many names, Grapefruit in Canada or Five-o, in holland, Hawaii x Maui Waui. It's genuine breeding material. Top Dawg uses it in a strain named DNL. SamS, Nevil, Soma etc. Everybody has won cups with it, however it's now discontinued.

I'm lucky enough to still have some original Green packs made by Nev from the castle days.

Your best bet is to find one of the old Dutch white label seed companies that have a F2 under a ambiguous name, see below

https://en.seed finder. eu/strain-info/Original_Hawaiian_Maui_Wowie_S kunk/High_Quality_Seeds/

squatty No embarrassment, Great choice. Hawaiian Indica has done the rounds for a long time. That tells you everything you need to know. SamS still uses it, Chimera and Soma won every cannabis cup with the Hawaiian Indica aka Spice Male. NYC Diesel, Amnesia Haze, Lavender.

I thankfully still have 3 first release green packs from Mr Nice. Phenomenal breeding material

I can only echo the same sentiment as everybody else. No idea what the makeup of Spice is today under the Mr Nice Label. That's another conversation, Seems as if things are now once upon a time.

The original Hawaiian Indica/Spice is in 1000s of new varieties out there today. Nothing more to be said

filedata/fetch?id=17907220&d=1627502148

sbeanonnamellow

Appreciate the updates and comments everyone. It's neat to see how so many of the legendary cuts and specimens seem to make the rounds throughout the hands of established breeders in Holland. I like to think there is a bit of comradery in the seed business.

I used to always want to scoop some of the Real McCoy but never made that purchase. The tropical smelling stuff is definitely a favorite.

regseeds the Spice tip is much appreciated. I had sampled some Spice back in the day and made a few hybrids with her. An enjoyable treat for sure the effect was real pleasant in my memory. Scooped some more spice from MNS auctions (the recent vials not the straws let alone old school original packs) to have a look into the genetics one of these days.

Back in the day on OG someone sent (actually they left them in a "x marks the spot" treasure hunt sort of way) some cuts and seeds. In the mix was an old school Black Domina, some Blue13, and a sweet widow lavender. That lavender hybrid is still one of my buddies favorites. Maybe a window Spice hybrid will put a smile on his face.

Thanks for the history lesson regseeds, it's great to see how things touch. To see which circles overlap and where. Hope you find some amazing specimens in your packs. Much love