Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Speakers Corner > Remember Fukushima?

Thread Title Search
Remember Fukushima? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2020, 02:48 PM #1
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
Remember Fukushima?

The japs have run out of room to store the water they have to pour on the debris to keep it cool, making it radioactive.

They are going to dump it in the Pacific. :(

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ilemma-emerges

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:09 PM #2
Hermanthegerman

Hermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivor
I am not sure, what I shall think about it?
Hermanthegerman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:15 PM #3
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermanthegerman View Post
I am not sure, what I shall think about it?
Sounds about like something from the year 2020.
bigtacofarmer is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:54 PM #4
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
... that is one reason to get rid of nuclear altogether. OTOH, there will be a boat load of rare earth batteries that will pose a similar problem in the future.

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 10-19-2020, 04:05 PM #5
CosmicGiggle
Super Moderator

CosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivor
Red face

there is no free ride, in the end, someone always pays sooner or later!
CosmicGiggle is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:06 PM #6
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Yup!

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 10-19-2020, 05:23 PM #7
EsterEssence

EsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivor
I think it is unconscionable that they can’t come up with a better solution than polluting our seas with this radioactive water. Nuclear power produces so much waste material that has a half life 250000 years for a few years of power from it. I eat some fish, I might need to rethink that or at least where it comes from, but now the more we kill our seas the more we kill this planet. We are the only species that makes trash and we are damn good at it. We have land fills, nuclear waste in mines, who knows what else we have buried, and trash in space that is going to start running into pieces and falling to earth.

Old 10-19-2020, 05:50 PM #8
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Question

Quite an Anomalous incident.

9.0 earthquake creates a sizable tidal wave which rushes inland.

But all the buildings are still standing.

Wow, Japan must be real good at earthquake engineering their buildings.

Or were those buildings somehow spared from a 9.0 earthquake ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgHn_VnTfeo

Trump's Final Call-in on Tuesday November 3, Fox News Youtube Channel
St. Phatty is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:57 PM #9
Hermanthegerman

Hermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivor
Of course it´s not allright, to put the poison water into the Pacific, but where else?

Another thought, I don´t want to know how high the radioactivity was in the air, in the 50 and 60s, as they tested the bombs over the ground.

Live in Japan 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWsQgmq-fNs
Hermanthegerman is offline Quote

Old 10-19-2020, 06:05 PM #10
MangoMaitreya

MangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the rough
The electrical necessities of our race are quite great...it would be quite difficult to provide for all without nuclear generated power. There is potential for more sustainable nuclear power that produces less waste or produces a waste that can be further processed into electricity. Remember that the issue in Fukushima came about as the safety response had not been optimized for the situation that occurred when the plant was flooded and backup generators were not working to circulate coolant. So maybe if they had thought to place the backup generators higher up given they are next to the sea then there would be no debris to have to cool now.
MangoMaitreya is offline Quote