What's new

Bananas in week 4

zazaexotic

I just found a few nanners on my beautiful looking nugs in week 4 of flower. I’m pretty sure it’s a genetic thing since it also happened last run and has never happened to me before. I purchased the seeds from seedsman and will likely never use them again. I cut the last run right away and am wondering if I can let these go until week 8 without producing a lot of seeds. I only see a few nanners on two plants which I have taken out of my tents. I have no experience with this since it hasn’t happened to me in about 40 runs. Any info would be greatly appreciated

zazaexotic

None are open either just got some tweezers gonna take them off and spray with water. I put them in with my clones and switched to 12/12 don’t mind if the clones get messed up since I’m not trying to use those genetics again

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Just pick them off and watch them very closely. I have seen hermies have minimum results by having infertile pollen. Just because it puts out a pollen sack doesn't mean the pollen is fertile. When I pollinate my pre-flowers in veg. early on with true male pollen, I can keep the hermies from developing. All a female wants, is to make seeds, and if you give her true pollen she will behave like a true female in the end.

zazaexotic

Just pick them off and watch them very closely. I have seen hermies have minimum results by having infertile pollen. Just because it puts out a pollen sack doesn't mean the pollen is fertile. When I pollinate my pre-flowers in veg. early on with true male pollen, I can keep the hermies from developing. All a female wants, is to make seeds, and if you give her true pollen she will behave like a true female in the end.

Alright awesome I will take them off tonight. Haven’t seen any on my other plants so I think it was just the two that were affected. Hopefully more don’t pop up but they’re all from the same breeder so I’m worried they will.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You think I will be ok just removing them??

If you remove them you should be ok so long as they arent loaded w nanners. If they havent opened thats good. At week 4 id assume it would take a little bit anyway. Way to notice them and pay attention! Should be a minor hiccup friend :)

zazaexotic

If you remove them you should be ok so long as they arent loaded w nanners. If they havent opened thats good. At week 4 id assume it would take a little bit anyway. Way to notice them and pay attention! Should be a minor hiccup friend :)

Not a lot of nanners at all. I actually noticed they had become bigger since the first sighting. I took them off and pretty sure I got them all. But thanks for the info my guy, makes me feel a lot better about the situation. Good learning experience. Hope to never have to deal with this again but now I’m prepared. Already ordered some proven genetics from attitude ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts