What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

General Health: Supps, herbs and more

Cuddles

about the fire cider, thanks I´m gonna check it out. I don´t usually get sick, in terms of catching a cold etc but I´m gonna look into it.

Cuddles

Okay, here´s another one

Iron and Vitamin E:

Iron: If you wake up still a little groggy and sleepy even after a full nights rest, then you´re probably lacking iron. At least that´s what it was like for me.

Caution They say to take iron fist thing in the morning -ie on anempty stomach, but this can easily lead to stomach upset. It is therefore better to take iron after you´ve had something to eat. Really, you can take iron any time of day because the effect will still be obvious.

Vitamin E: Important for general health too, obviously but especially great for the skin. But did you know that ...

Iron always needs to be consumed along with Vitamin E ?
This is because without vit E, iron will oxidate inside the body, and this ain´t healthy at all!

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I didn't know any of that stuff Cuddles, thanks! :tiphat:

From personal experience, I would take a Magnesium supplement along with CBD oil (60ml) for mental health and sleep in a colder room with a nice cuddley quilt for a good nights sleep! :D

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I was so damn determined to end a chronic cough that I even quit caffeine altogether (strong iced tea), a few years before I found the real cause. Never went back.

That Barlow Herbal stuff is pretty damn good. I go through the throat spray by the case now, and add some LDM-100 to it, to get more medicine power.

Speaking of herbal medicine, my farmer buddy is saying I need to pass on his Skittlez, as it is too gassy for my old azz. I guess I am just a sorry ass, creamy smooth Kush and MAC guy, leading a boring life without caffiene and booze. The way I suck the terps off a gram at a time in one hit, gassy stuff kinda hurts.

Or maybe he is afraid of the smell going through three layers of pacs, like some other stuff did. :D

Sunshineinabag

When I was 20 a lung expanding hash hit that made me cry was covered. I'd like and be miserable if I tried that now at 47

Veggia farmer

I use adaptogens in some periods, not everyday all year. Lots of quality difference. Now I use a mix of eleutherococcus, schisandra, astragalus and rhodiola. In the same period i tried this new mix I have also taken ashwagandha. I notice a big difference with the days I take these and not.

Cuddles

I´ve been meaning to update this thread for ages and kinda hoped others would too.
Anyway last fall I came across a (new) liver supplement which does sound very promising and contains natural substances which are all very good for the the liver/ body. I checked with a medical professional and he confirmed that the active ingredients are and do what the company claims.

This is the link to the english language site:
https://www.hepaphenol.co.uk/home/#composition

G

my friend harvests pho ti in case anyone needs. i grow mamaki, for tea.
Red Maca is awesome, big difference among flavors and brands
cognitol, branded name of celastrus paniculatus seed oil, is great for memory and add in particular. its a nootropic, or smart drug... thousands of years of use in india, cheap to buy in both forms, cognitol and just seeds. give to an add friend. it gives me space in my brain where i used to have white noise and low level stress of people inyerrupting and losing my train of thought. huge difference. just having it makes me relax knowing i could use it if need.

Cuddles

my friend harvests pho ti in case anyone needs. i grow mamaki, for tea.
Red Maca is awesome, big difference among flavors and brands
cognitol, branded name of celastrus paniculatus seed oil, is great for memory and add in particular. its a nootropic, or smart drug... thousands of years of use in india, cheap to buy in both forms, cognitol and just seeds. give to an add friend. it gives me space in my brain where i used to have white noise and low level stress of people inyerrupting and losing my train of thought. huge difference. just having it makes me relax knowing i could use it if need.

What´s mamaki ie what is it used for?

cognitol, branded name of celastrus paniculatus seed oil, is great for memory and add in particular. its a nootropic, or smart drug
sounds good! I´m gonna look it up, thanks. my mind always wanders off.

G

mamaki is a tree.... copy paste from a google source trying to sell..
"Mamaki Tea is a herbal tea that is native to the Island of Hawaii. It is known to promote a healthyimmune system; reduce high blood pressure and lower cholesterol; cleanse toxins from the blood as well as releases stress and fatigue."

I do have a steady supply. i like the taste too similar to a green tea but different.
ya with the celastrus paniculatis you can order a bag of seeds for dirt cheap, and chew 1 to 3...i even notice it the day after.

G

sometimes a day but thats only because you dont really understand whats happening at first. the second day is a wow moment