What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

General Health: Supps, herbs and more

Cuddles

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hi guys,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I wanted to share my own experiences with certain supps, herbs, teas etc that i have tried in the past and also the ones I´m currently using. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I hope that this information will prove helpful to others[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Here´s the first ones:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Wheatgrass powder[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]contains almost all of the vitamins and minerals the body requires and it´s also inexpensive ( compared to other vit supps)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]warning: it tastes like sh*t but it gives great results and it´s 100% natural. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Maca root – yellow, red, black[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Maca root helps to balance out hormones. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Menopausal women have reported very good results in relieving their symptoms. Athletes use black maca for muscle building and strengthening etc.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I used maca to cure my clinical depression. I stopped being suicidal almost overnight.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I´m currently using a combo of red and black and it´s a great energizing tonic. Good for the brain too.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Maca is great for a lot of things, this website www.themacateam.com has tons of further information, user reviews etc. They also have a table recommending which maca type is best for which purpose[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Berberine [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]helps control blood sugar, [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Based on reviews a lot of diabetics prefer berberine to Metformin because it has no negative side effects.. Some claim that it´s better for blood sugar than metformin [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Emu oil (rendered) [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]for topical application and internal consumption[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]emu oil is amazing for healing cuts, bruises and burns. It speeds up the healing process with minimal scarring. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Helps in muscle recovery after workouts.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Good for brain too[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It´s also anti-inflammatory[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Emu oil is top notch stuff! [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I usually purchase from this place: emuspirit.com[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Fo-ti + Cordyceps[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I have only started taking this combo recently but the resutls have been surprisingly positive. I´ve experienced better energy flow throughout my body and it´s also proved to be great for the respiratory system ie much bettter breathing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I´ll be posting more later ![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Please join in and post your own too[/FONT]

Cuddles

Hi WhiteBeard,

I have tried other adaptogens that are meant to regulate hormones but honestly I´ve gone back to maca again as I find it to be the best in that respect.

What exactly is fire cider ? I don´t think I´ve ever heard of it before.

Cuddles

Here´s Part 2 ( mostly teas)

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Gotu kola tea[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Increases blood flow throughout the body incl. the brain.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Due to the improved blood circulation it also increases libido as a result of improved blood flow women may experience easier (ie quicker orgasms) and men may notice easier and better erections (should these problems be down to poor blood flow)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Damiana tea[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Also increases blood flow, particular the `private parts´, hence same effects as Gotu Kola tea in this respect.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hot Damiana tea also has lung expanding properties. I did notice this cleary the first time I drank it. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It is therefore also recommended for people suffering from asthma.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Both Gotu Kola and Damiana need to be consumed on a daily basis to be effective and it can take around 2 weeks for the effects to become noticable.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Except for asthma, you´ll notice it immediately[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Stinging nettle tea[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]has blood cleansing properties and is suppose to be good for kidneys[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Stinging nettle seeds:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]tried these some years ago as they´re suppose to be very healthy and good for hair health too. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It has a side effect : it increases libido[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]dandelion tea:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]dandelion is also said to be blood cleansing and good for the liver.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It can also act as a natural laxative. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The first time I tried it I accidently brewed up too much and … well you know
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Green tea[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]very healthy and helps to suppres appetite.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It even helped with the nasty effects of anti-depressants – I mean the uncontrollable appetite. Unfortunalety by the time I discovered this I had already gained tons of weight.[/FONT]

St. Phatty

I bought non-iodized salt about 8 months ago.

VERY INTERESTING living with an Iodine deficiency.

I looked up high-iodine foods and realized I eat very little of them.

So when I cut out the Iodine in the salt ...

So went to Walmart and bought Morton's salt, the version with the trademark, the little girl with the umbrella.

Drank 3 half cups of salty warm water over the course of a few hours.

Could feel the difference last night. Slept real good.

A lot of Cannabis users who are looking for a better high, can get a better high by making sure they're not depleted.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Imma try that Phatty, i don't use any added salt, ever and don't sleep well either.

..... and sad to say, but White Beard's well thought out post is gone forever. :redface:

Cuddles

Iodine

St. Phatty,

I read some years ago that most, or a least alot ofpeople in the western world have an iodine deficiency. I went out and bought some Lugols and I made an interesting observation:
For most of my life I have always felt to cold. I mean I was freezing in the winter, spring, fall even with full heating. After a while of using lugols I noticed an increase in body temperature - this was during the fall and winter months.

It has other benefits as well...

Green Squall

Any suggestions for something that can ease inflammation in the gut? Lions Mane maybe?

I've tried Qing Dai aka Indigo Naturalis, but it gave me crazy headaches.

White Beard

Hi WhiteBeard,

I have tried other adaptogens that are meant to regulate hormones but honestly I´ve gone back to maca again as I find it to be the best in that respect.

What exactly is fire cider ? I don´t think I´ve ever heard of it before.

Hi, Cuddles - clearly you respond well to maca, nothing wrong with that; cordyceps can manifest its effects over a longer period of use, like many adaptogens, and many Chinese medicinals. Cordyceps is popular among professional athletes in a long-term protocol, for example.

To refresh: other herbs similarly well-thought-of include astragalus (immune support), tang Kuei (many spellings, one herb) which is good for all systemically but is considered to have special benefit for women; also schizandra berries and he shou wu, both considered life-strengthening/extending; the ginsengs, all powerful adaptogens, the White being considered the gentlest and very powerful as well.

Regarding the fire cider, it’s a modern codification of old folk tonic remedies; it was recommended by a dear friend, and I’m glad she did.

Searching your favorite engine will turn up many examples of recipes, mostly the same, but there are many subtle variations. It contains hot peppers, garlic, ginger, horseradish, and onion, primarily - all steeped in apple cider vinegar over time (the longer time the better, IMO). The liquid portion is strained off and taken by the tablespoon one or more times a day, and it’s considered to be excellent in overcoming sickness and in preventing sickness. It also helps my sometimes spotty digestion.

I like to mix it with apple cider, which manages the kick somewhat. I’ll also occasionally add effervescent vitamin c to it for synergy and a delicious cup - yes, I genuinely like the flavor. I’ve never been prone to illness, but I can say for certain that I have not been sick a single day since I began using it...and that’s been years now. My last batch was aged for three months, then run through a blender and soaked another three months. It’s lasted me more than a year now (it was a big bucket!), and I still have plenty.

Hope this is of use or interest.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
If anyone's over 50, don't forget the lionsmain capsules.

Edit: sorry didn't see it listed above, but its really for the brain not the gut, guess I need to up the dose lol.

Sunshineinabag

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hi guys,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I wanted to share my own experiences with certain supps, herbs, teas etc that i have tried in the past and also the ones I´m currently using. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I hope that this information will prove helpful to others[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Here´s the first ones:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Wheatgrass powder[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]contains almost all of the vitamins and minerals the body requires and it´s also inexpensive ( compared to other vit supps)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]warning: it tastes like sh*t but it gives great results and it´s 100% natural. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Maca root – yellow, red, black[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Maca root helps to balance out hormones. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Menopausal women have reported very good results in relieving their symptoms. Athletes use black maca for muscle building and strengthening etc.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I used maca to cure my clinical depression. I stopped being suicidal almost overnight.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I´m currently using a combo of red and black and it´s a great energizing tonic. Good for the brain too.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Maca is great for a lot of things, this website www.themacateam.com has tons of further information, user reviews etc. They also have a table recommending which maca type is best for which purpose[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Berberine [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]helps control blood sugar, [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Based on reviews a lot of diabetics prefer berberine to Metformin because it has no negative side effects.. Some claim that it´s better for blood sugar than metformin [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Emu oil (rendered) [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]for topical application and internal consumption[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]emu oil is amazing for healing cuts, bruises and burns. It speeds up the healing process with minimal scarring. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Helps in muscle recovery after workouts.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Good for brain too[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It´s also anti-inflammatory[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Emu oil is top notch stuff! [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I usually purchase from this place: emuspirit.com[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Fo-ti + Cordyceps[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I have only started taking this combo recently but the resutls have been surprisingly positive. I´ve experienced better energy flow throughout my body and it´s also proved to be great for the respiratory system ie much bettter breathing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I´ll be posting more later ![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Please join in and post your own too[/FONT]

I truly enjoy your candor:peacock:

White Beard

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hi guys,[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Based on reviews a lot of diabetics prefer berberine to Metformin because it has no negative side effects.. Some claim that it´s better for blood sugar than metformin [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Emu oil (rendered) for topical application and internal[/FONT]

Pardon me if I messed up your formatting...

Metformin is no joke, it’s hard on people...any alternative is worth trying. Emu oil, I’m sorry to say, I have not enjoyed working with - a shame, considering all the good it’s done for some. Glad it’s working for you!

Green Squall

If anyone's over 50, don't forget the lionsmain capsules.

Edit: sorry didn't see it listed above, but its really for the brain not the gut, guess I need to up the dose lol.

Have you experienced any side effects? There have been a few studies on its use for gut diseases, so I've been looking in to it.

Latest posts

Latest posts