What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zambian

RMountainHaze

Doing a zambian run this fall when outdoor is over. Seeds are from tropical so it should be the old zambian copper. So far so good even though the seeds were old, i got 8 out of 11. Anyone have experience with zambian Id love to hear about it..

Attachments

• 20200604_060323.jpg
    20200604_060323.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200604_060314.jpg
    20200604_060314.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200604_060311.jpg
    20200604_060311.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200604_060301.jpg
    20200604_060301.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 30

RMountainHaze

Zambian doesnt seem popular here, maybe because its a landrace. Im going to put some outside before they get run indoors this winter. This wont be for harvest but to see photo sensitivity, stretch and growth habit before they take over indoors. Maybe next season they will make it into the greenhouse. First indoor round will be for seed reproduction and will be open pollenation.

I do not think that the fact that it is a landrace is the reason for the lack of message ...
it's more about: not a lot of people growing it at the moment.
And so many very good African to choose from....
Malawi has a very good reputation of strong weed.
Congolese strains are mysterious.
A lot of South-African strains on the market, with each their qualities.
K has found an interest among growers.
We are discovering Sudanese, Sinaï, Syrian and Ethiopian, Gambian strains,
etc

I will personally follow with interest your Zambian culture :petting:

regseeds

Doing a zambian run this fall when outdoor is over. Seeds are from tropical so it should be the old zambian copper. So far so good even though the seeds were old, i got 8 out of 11. Anyone have experience with zambian Id love to hear about it..

I think they're some photo's here of it on jahgreenlabel album under "zambienne ibl"

I have some in a deep freeze, these are the type of cultivars love also. Interest will peak as you share what you find in this landrace variety
album.php

Rembetis

The old land races like that are sought after. There is a small group that are dedicated to those strains. Info can be as hard to find as the seeds.
Is that line from Malberry? I know they scared a lot of people off of trying their stuff but I grew out the Mozambique and I saw a few photos in the African strain thread of others that tried their lines and they were legit. Raw unworked compared to Ace's Malawi but I liked it enough that I wish I had picked up a few others but I think most of the strains in that area are closely related

Rembetis

Not sure of your experience or location but equatorial strains should be grown on 12/12 from the beginning. Especially if growing indoors. Also root restriction by growing in a 2 gallon pot will help with stretch

El Timbo

I remember Zambian Copper - it was one of many that I fancied growing but never did - good luck!

I wood

The old land races like that are sought after. There is a small group that are dedicated to those strains. Info can be as hard to find as the seeds. d

Agreed.
We are out here doing our thing quietly in the background.
I would have snapped those seeds up if i ran across them in my seed buying years. With more landrace and other seeds to grow than i will ever get to I'm happy to get to experience them vicariously through your grow.

They look like they want to got big.
Good luck with them RMH.

Hempy McNoodle

Cool. These have been sold out for years now. I'm glad you have some and thanks for sharing this. Very interested to see the finish!

Rembetis

Just checked H D and they still have some lines from that region. Not the same seed bank but worth a shot for the price. Zambezi, Mozambique and some others

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
I plan a South African cross project with Zambian x Swazi Rooi next months, pure Swaz repro in the same time ; And if i have the chance to find a good Zambian male i will clone it with the best few females for a pure next repro. Fingers cross, just 10 seeds from TTSCO (Vielen Dank an Azagual)

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Zambian doesnt seem popular here, maybe because its a landrace. Im going to put some outside before they get run indoors this winter. This wont be for harvest but to see photo sensitivity, stretch and growth habit before they take over indoors. Maybe next season they will make it into the greenhouse. First indoor round will be for seed reproduction and will be open pollenation.

Good luck with yours RMH, any news?

Best.

RMountainHaze

Sorry I didnt realise there was intrest in the zambians so I havent updated. I just now checked this thread out again. So my zambian the males started to flower early from rootbound issues so I put all the females and males together for a open pollenation. 3 of the females were stand out the other 2 okay. I dont remember how long they flowered for but probably 80-90 days and fully seeded. So I have 5 lines of zambian seed open pollenated. Probably a few thousand seeds of each line. I plan to explore this line in depth come fall when I will plant a couple hundred to do some selection. I need more posts before I can do the pic thing Im not sure how I got it working the first post. Dont worry I will get my posts up before fall so I can document it further. The hash from deseeding was real good and uppity with no come down at the end which is what I always look for. I like flowers with a smooth landing not groggy and drained.