Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Best strain for muscle recovery?

Thread Title Search
Best strain for muscle recovery? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2015, 11:11 AM #1
EazyK

EazyK is on a distinguished road
Question Best strain for muscle recovery?

I do a lot of sports and weight training and I'm, just wondering what is the best strain for muscle recovery and for deep sleeps which also helps in recovery.
EazyK is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:39 PM #2
Outcold
Fo Fum

Outcold has much to be proud ofOutcold has much to be proud ofOutcold has much to be proud ofOutcold has much to be proud ofOutcold has much to be proud ofOutcold has much to be proud ofOutcold has much to be proud ofOutcold has much to be proud ofOutcold has much to be proud ofOutcold has much to be proud ofOutcold has much to be proud of
Its not cannabis, but look into magnesium (Calms). Also do a search for transdermal magnesium therapy (magnesium chloride).
Outcold is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:29 PM #3
SpaceJunkOG

SpaceJunkOG will become famous soon enoughSpaceJunkOG will become famous soon enoughSpaceJunkOG will become famous soon enough
i think your best strain for muscle recovery will be different from your go-to sleep strain.

DEEP SLEEP:

*) Grandaddy Purple
*) Tahoe OG
*) Platinum OG
*) Bubba Kush
*) Herijuana
*) Purple Urkle
*) Lavender
*) Grape Ape

i have personally found that eating edibles before sleep is much more effective and long lasting - it lasts up to about 8 hours, as opposed to 2 from smoking, it keeps you asleep rather than just putting you to sleep. So your best bet for sleep may be a good indica edible - ask your caregiver (if yur in a med state) which edible they have that's best for sleep and try that. Or if you're adventurous make your own. I make "sleep cookies" out of indica strains, i eat one every night before bed and i sleep a solid 9hrs uninterupted every night. and i wake up without my chest hurting from smoking all that weed before bed.

MUSCLE RECOVERY

i am not sure if 'muscle recovery', by definition, is something that is treated with cannabis (anybody feel free to correct me). BUT, some strains are excellent for muscle fatigue.... here's what i would suggest based on mine and a lot of other peoples' reports about muscle-relief strains (i used to have a job that required weekly visits to the Chiropractor and i have had a lot of experience with these ones as well):

*) Trainwreck
*) Chemdawg (i like Chem #4 / Chem D for muscle relief)
*) Blueberry (you could use this for sleep too, puts me out cold)
*) Headband
*) Chocolope
*) lots of different Kushes / OG's.
*) Thai-dominant hybrids - i find Thai strains to have great muscle relaxing qualities.

.....those are some of the ones i personally have used / still use. Trainwreck and Chemdawg are my favorite for muscle relaxation / relief during the day when you don't want to fall asleep.

You might also try topicals - i've heard they do wonders for many people, rubbing a topical THC extract on the exact muscle you've been working could end up being amazing relief for this. I've never tried topicals so I can't comment with personal experience.

good luck! hope this helps.
SpaceJunkOG is offline Quote

Old 11-07-2015, 11:53 PM #4
nk14zp

nk14zp will become famous soon enough
I use critical kush to help me sleep. Don't know if that helps you or not.
nk14zp is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2020, 11:01 AM #5
Ximirokerney

Ximirokerney is on a distinguished road
Found it during the Google search. I can't live without sport and I do it every day, so I don't have any muscle problems.
Ximirokerney is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2020, 02:11 PM #6
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Zero gravity will help you.

could take a hot bath & smoke your favorite strain or strains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgHn_VnTfeo

Trump's Final Call-in on Tuesday November 3, Fox News Youtube Channel
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2020, 01:30 AM #7
madalasatori

madalasatori is a name known to allmadalasatori is a name known to allmadalasatori is a name known to allmadalasatori is a name known to allmadalasatori is a name known to allmadalasatori is a name known to allmadalasatori is a name known to allmadalasatori is a name known to allmadalasatori is a name known to allmadalasatori is a name known to allmadalasatori is a name known to all
I’m currently vegging some white rhino x bubba kush for a similar purpose.. I’ve heard the white rhino is a heavy stone

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:30 AM #8
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivor
Rubbing medicated coconut oil into sore muscles provides almost immediate relief.
bigtacofarmer is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:26 AM #9
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
pouring a little in a cup of hot tea helps also.
Use it on my knees when they hurt a lot.
Works quickly and well.
A tub of hot water and a sublinguled extract
work well together.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:27 AM #10
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
Rubbing medicated coconut oil into sore muscles provides almost immediate relief.
Myself a combination of a rub with Harlequin salve (grape seed oil (more penetrating), bees wax, and menthol) and a Harlequin mari-pill. Salve acts pretty fast. The pill 0.26g kicks in within 30 min for a longer and deeper relief of the affected area. 1 pill is good for 6 hrs. As a diabetic, I found Har salve helpful for neuropathy as well.

Best trait of Har is its anti-inflammatory properties.

For deep sleep, a GDP pill one hour before bed.

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

Switcher56 is online now Quote