What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nanda Devi

Plantguy

I've got some Nanda Devi started. What seemed to be difficulty in germination seems to be normal for this one and it's been updated on RSC website accordingly, thanks. If anyone has any grow info or experience please share it. I've seen some positive posts about this strain and some info but it's been a while.

Attachments

• IMG_20200504_082558.jpg
    IMG_20200504_082558.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 82

Plantguy

Will you be able to grow them outdoors straight into soil (not pots)?

Well... They're already in these little starter pots. I have experience putting seedlings outside here and getting eaten or whatnot. I'm hoping to get them big enough to transplant. I know it's not ideal but I've done it with hybrid seeds several seasons. Is this practice too stressful for these landrace? I transplanted the larger, earlier popping plant already and it's doing fine but it seemed quite unhappy for a day which concerned me at the time.

ngakpa

Veteran
starting them in pots and getting them robust enough to transplant is fine

I was just wondering if you will be able to get them out of pots - that's where they want to be

sounds like that's what you're doing, which is great!

Reactions: ost

Plantguy

starting them in pots and getting them robust enough to transplant is fine

I was just wondering if you will be able to get them out of pots - that's where they want to be

sounds like that's what you're doing, which is great!
Thanks for your support! I appreciate your efforts in landrace preservation and study.
I've got Mazar started as well, 13/13 popped!
They unfortunately may have to be indoors if only because having too many plants around is too much of a liability. Sadly I can walk down to the corner store and buy a $80 ounce, but growing is severely restricted....

Plantguy

I had 10/12 sprout, but the first one didn't pop for about a month. I put the planter pots outside after giving up on them and telling RSC that they didn't sprout. And then they started sprouting... And I got some replacements and now there's enough for a crowd. They're outside and my impression is they are compact and hardy with a variable sprouting time.

Attachments

• IMG_20200517_102154.jpg
    IMG_20200517_102154.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20200516_164426_1.jpg
    IMG_20200516_164426_1.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 91

Plantguy

Here's some of the younger ones sizing up in the greenhouse. The older ones are onsite hardening off. These seem very compact and uniform in appearance. I started this thread hoping for any grow information available.
These are planning to be in a suburban environment and so a concern is odor. At present it's minimal. Can anyone share their experience with this aspect please?

Attachments

• IMG_20200527_161142.jpg
    IMG_20200527_161142.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 80

Plantguy

This is the crew and the site where they are planned to be planted. The poor germination rate had me start more than I should have apparently. They sprouted late, then more and more. Compact structure and think leaves. I can have 3-4 rows of 4m each. I was hoping for open pollination so maybe the more the better. Maybe they could be more densely crowded? Although... Odor is an issue. With so many, if they are a pungent variety, then amount of plants probably should be limited.

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_090311.jpg
    IMG_20200529_090311.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20200529_090359.jpg
    IMG_20200529_090359.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20200529_090420.jpg
    IMG_20200529_090420.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20200529_113716_010.jpg
    IMG_20200529_113716_010.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 125

acespicoli

This is the crew and the site where they are planned to be planted. The poor germination rate had me start more than I should have apparently. They sprouted late, then more and more. Compact structure and think leaves. I can have 3-4 rows of 4m each. I was hoping for open pollination so maybe the more the better. Maybe they could be more densely crowded? Although... Odor is an issue. With so many, if they are a pungent variety, then amount of plants probably should be limited.

Cant wait to see these bloom
Odor in orig grow conditions is supposed to be pure mango candy,

Plantguy

I hope you have room for big plants.
The pics I've seen and description point to it being squat in stature. Early growth show tight internodal spacing and and it's supposed to be different than other local varieties grown for seeds and fiber like Kumaoni. I don't mind if it grows large, I chose this for it's rarity and early maturation. The very few reviews of quality are all smashing. I'm assuming it's not more popular possibly because of low yield? In my case it's irrelevant. Have you grown it or seen evidence of it getting big? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

burmese

i dont remember strong smell//rather lower,
and classic gigantic himalain sativa, half flower time only stretch for grow of long branches

squatty

I have not grown this strain yet Plantguy, although I do have a pack. Mezziwang has some beautiful pictures of a couple plants he grew. Do a search for Nanda Devi if you haven't seen it yet. I'm excited to see what you get!

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Thanks for the hint! Can you please clue me in to why this aroma is desirable? Is there any "skunky" or strong "mmj" type of smell at any time during the growth cycle? Thanks for your help!

Rose aroma is caused by geraniol.Geraniol has like limonene or pinene also anti fungi properties, so better chance to have your buds fungi free in a wet climate.Mixed good with incense Hz.

Plantguy

The first plant sprout was about 10 days before the others. It grew squat and compact, tight internodal spacing. The others came up about the same time and were planted together. Their internodal spacing is much more spread out. I'm assuming it's because of crowding? Also, all were moved out of the greenhouse and placed in a less sunny location.

Attachments

• IMG_20200601_101911.jpg
    IMG_20200601_101911.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 90

squatty

Some cannabis will shoot straight up with minimal branching when close together. If you have room to space them apart from each other it may help a bit?