What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

browser window says not secure

T

Teddybrae

I 'm using Firefox and that what it tells me too.

I think this is because F/F has a very high standard of security in mind. You might say its warning is an attempt to shame sites into increasing their encryption.

Previously Skip has assured us that except for Government spy stuff ICMag is secure.

There are others here who know more about this than me ... they'll be along shortly I suspect ...

(By the way ... yr signature ... "alone" actually means 'all one'. So 'alone' means 'together'. As in: I feel really together today. Or: sounds really together, that Guy.)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i'm never alone even myself [/FONT]

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
We are currently in the process of upgrading the old VB software - to bring it up to date - that might be why certain browsers are telling you the site is off on security - I'm not having a problem on windows - but now certain browsers require sites to run on higher encryption - and so that problem should be taken care of - once we manage to upgrade to a newer version of VBulletin -

T

TheForgotten

Whatever is happening, this site works well.... fast uploads, advertising displays w/o hangups like a lot of other sites....

asdfasf

Do you have the S in https at the start of the website link? if not, try adding it.

Or click the link below:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/

He can add as many s' as he can but it won't help that the page uses weak encryption and this is the only reason we see the yellow exclamation mark next to the padlock with the message that the connection is not secure

Raho

Veteran
He can add as many s' as he can but it won't help that the page uses weak encryption and this is the only reason we see the yellow exclamation mark next to the padlock with the message that the connection is not secure
The certificate is messed up.

T

TheForgotten

If it bothers you so much why don't you try another site.... :biggrin:

bigpeter

Use TOR the cut down version of firefox, it acts like a proxy browser. Only snag is slowing down your browsing because of the numerous hops your data is relayed through

T

TheForgotten

If it bothers you so much why don't you try another site.... :biggrin:

I'm on all of the sites already.

picture.php

R

Ronin_420

When I use Firefox I get security issue. But with chrome it's fine

Ready4

Veteran
ATTENTION !!!! Serious security issue for many. Just started getting emails last week with my Icmag password in the heading - it was from a criminal threatening me with extortion - their email was fucking stupid & laughable - they will receive zero bitcoin from me.
But either the site's user passwords & personal data were hacked or someone who had access to this site is a criminal. I live in a legal State and could give two shits about some loser criminal. But many of you live in illegal situations and need this warning.

Good protection here, no other issues. Their foolish email showed clearly they knew nothing.