What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone grow out Johaar?

grayeyes

I just ordered from Angus and the reply said I will receive Johaar seeds with my order.

Anyone ever grow this out?

Cannosumer

I have a Johaar that sprouted on New Years day! It seems to be doing well? Sex is not yet known, stem rub is very mango smelling. Leaves are large and relatively wide.

aliceklar

Also growing Johaar...

Also growing Johaar...

4 seeds started on 1st Feb, 3 sprouted, one is small with oddly rounded leaves, the other two are very vigorous.

aliceklar

And here they are as of this morning. All growing on fast after being repotted a couple of days ago. One still relatively runty, with some odd (truncated) leaf shapes. Interesting to see what comes out of this lot. Seem diverse! Topped the taller one this evening, since taking this pic.

I have one growing right now, it had a hard life so it's not the prettiest, it takes a lot to dial in the nutrient levels for these landrace genes sometimes so I sort of blew it early on. The answer was basically to re-pot it in straight potting mix haha, as close to no nutrients as possible.

The one Johaar I was able to save definitely has some lovely potential, because I grew it indoors over the winter, and goofed up on it early on, I don't believe I really have gotten to see the true potential of this special variety, but I ABSOLUTELY see it shining through.. cannot wait to try these outside where they belong.

My bud is putting of some very very beautiful floral / geraniol smells that I absolutely revere..

I pollinated this plant early on, as I was sold on it's beauty alone early on, such an elegant lady.. no wonder she smells like roses.

There is a potential for countless phenotypes to be discovered in the Johaar gene pool from what I can tell after popping merely 7 seeds or so.

I'm really disappointed that I didn't give this girl the life she deserved but she has made a good recovery health-wise the past 4 weeks or so. These pics are at 9 weeks.

zR6WTXy

xqX51db

aliceklar

Supposed go 4 to 6 meters. Think that pot is going to hold that?

No... These kids are not going to reach that size, sadly. I'm deliberately keeping them pot-bound to restrict the size. One of them has just shown as male - fingers crossed one of the others is female so I can make some seed...

Also going to use the Johaar pollen on a Michka sativa (sensi), and Dance World & Medical Mass (Royal Queen), all grown from feminised seed, and I'd like to get my own versions in regular form. Interested to see what kind of offspring it produces.

:plant grow:

aliceklar

Here is Johaar#3, in flower, in a 3 litre pot. I'm deliberately keeping it rootbound to restrict the size - I've also topped it once whilst still in veg, and have supercropped it to keep it in check (note the "M" shape that resulted, and see 2 closeup pics for the healed "knuckles" where the stem has regenerated). All healthy so far...

aliceklar

Johaar update

Johaar update

Out of three plants I got two females, #3 was put into flower at the start of March, #2 at the start of April. #3 has been budding heavily, but little frosting and little smell. It also has some severe leaf die-off - I've been watering with dilute tomato feed, but perhaps not dilute enough... also was using tap water amended with a little citric acid for a while (my tap water is very hard) - currently giving plain rainwater only.

Interested to find out how they smoke...

J#2 (5th week of flower)

J#3 (9th week of flower)

grayeyes

For hard water try giving a gallon of water a tablespoon of white vinegar. Lowers the ph to 6. If you have water that has been "chloramined" then put an aquarium product in the water to neutralize that stuff.

aliceklar

Thanks Greyeyes, I've given the vinegar trick a go, as it hasnt rained here for a while, and Ive run out of rainwater. Have been using organic apple cider vinegar at the dilution you suggest. I was toying with the idea of using my coffee machine to distil a cupful at a time, but have saved that for my carnivorous plants.

Johaar #2

Johaar #3

Seem to be two distinct phenos here. J#3 was runty as a seedling but much taller as an adult. It has largish egglike buds with very long pistils. Also they seem to be super efficient at catching stray pollen, because there are a whole load of seeded buds on this one whereas there have been no similar accidents with other plants - and I've made around 20 different individual pollinations in the grow room over the past months.

J#2 was stronger as a seedling but shorter as an adult, with long wispy buds and much shorter pistils.

J3 is a month ahead of J2, and is not far off done, I think....

grayeyes

I find it interesting that a particular strain will have so many variances in seeds popped together.

What has really made me nutz lately are the volunteers I had from last years grow. I grew Cherry Bomb, a strain called Durban Turban (mix of Durban and Afghani), a strain only available from my bud Mr. G, "oreo" and "afghani #1" and SSH.

I have one that is a nice cerebral high, one that 4 hits and 40 minutes and you are snoring on the couch. I have two more that are in flower now. We'll see but the variances in one strain are worth noting. When you get nutzo hybrids it just gets weird and fun. I won't allow this to ever happen again.

aliceklar

What has really made me nutz lately are the volunteers I had from last years grow. I grew Cherry Bomb, a strain called Durban Turban (mix of Durban and Afghani), a strain only available from my bud Mr. G, "oreo" and "afghani #1" and SSH..

When you say volunteers, do you mean accidental pollinations? Btw that sounds like a fun mix.

Latest posts

Latest posts