What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Activated Canna Caps

ozzieAI

Veteran
I would like to share my recipe for Activated Canna Caps that have demonstrated the following effects:
Sleep Inducing/Deep Sleep
Anti-Inflammatory
Anti-Anxiety
Anti-Depression

Overall the simplest way that I can describe is that they give me and others a higher sense of well being and a better quality of life. They work very well to for me in dealing with my migraines, the frequency and the pain/symptoms are very much reduced.

Activation of these caps depends on what/when you ate or will eat…generally if taken on an empty stomach it takes 20 – 30 mins to come on and give you a stronger effect. If taken on a full stomach it will take at least an hour to come on, the effect will be less but it will last longer…for the best effect take on an empty stomach and then eat a fatty meal/snack 20 minutes later…

Ingredients
20 gm finely ground & decarded cannabis
40 – 50ml coconut oil
40ml liquid lecithin (sunflower)
1 – 1.5ml terpenes

Tools
Hot Plate
Sauce pan: 21cm, non-stick
Spatula: soft, for stirring and filling caps
Size 0 caps & cap filler (100 Caps)

Method
Add 40ml coconut oil, lecithin and cannabis to sauce pan.
On a low heat stir ingredients till they are fully combined. Bubbles may/will appear, this is C02 that will appear if cannabis is not fully decarbed: continue on low heat (45-55C) until bubbles stop. DON’T RUSH THIS…it won’t take long, for me, let’s say 1 min…2 max
Avoid getting ingredients too hot no more than 60C
Remove and allow to cool to 30 – 35C
Time to fill capsule filler with caps….
Add terpenes once mix is cooled
Mix very well

Filling caps:
Pour 1/3 of mixture on too cap filler and use spatula to not only spread but to press mixture into caps as air bubbles will form. Start from the centre and work your way outwards. Keep adding mixture in smaller quantities as you get closer to the edge. Once ALL caps look full I pick up the filler and drop from a very low height (1 -2 cm) to remove any remaining air bubbles.

Notes:
Decarded Ground Cannabis: anyway you like and feel confident with: remember that if you haven’t maxed your decard it will show when you mix with oil/lecithin and heat…I grind finely and heat in a fry pan @ 135 – 145C making sure that cannabis doesn’t sit in one place for more than 10 – 15 secs…mine gives off vapour and turns khaki in colour and has a gritty feel.

40 – 50ml Coconut Oil: start with 40ml but it depends on the cannabis you are using, it may require a bit more oil to get a flowing consistency needed to actually fill the caps…too thick is no good and makes very hard to achieve a consistent product.

Liquid Lecithin: Sunflower is preferable to soy.

Terpenes: There is plenty of information there already that I am not going to repeat here:
Search: Ethan Russo/Endocannabinoid System/Terpenes/Entourage Effect…for starters….it’s a deep rabbit hole…

I make 3 different recipes to give my caps different effects and to avoid tolerance build up. I use Myrcene in all of my recipes as it helps bridge the blood/brain barrier, I mix with the following terpenes to a 1:1:1 Ratio:
Myrcene, Humulene & Beta Caryophyllene (Happy)
Myrcene, Limonene & alpha-Pinene (Day)
Myrcene, Linalool & Terpinolene (Sleep)

Leftovers: this recipe is going to give some leftovers as trying to get exact quantities makes it hard to get caps filled easily and consistently. I save these leftovers and mix to give a more complex mix that I describe as a soothing effect due to the higher Myrcene content.

Dosage: I take 1 – 2 most days, I have a friend who takes 4/day and others take 1/3 – ½ of a cap.

Don’t hesitate to ask any questions.

ozzieAI

Veteran
... much simpler, less complicated method. Grind and decarb you flower. Place in size 0 caps and woila. 20-30 min to kick in, and will sustain you for 5-6 hrs.

I have tried this and it absolutely works...i am just able to tailor the effect i want and have added strength...1 cap can last up to 8 - 10 hrs for me...

terpenes also help...the caps you describe i found their efficiency dropped off quiet quickly when taking them daily...something i put down to building tolerance...

also if you want to maintain the original terpenes of the cannabis then use the sous vide decarb method and keep your mixing temp below 40C

Boocoodinkydow

I have found my kindred spirits!!! I’ve promoted this modality on various forums but it garnered little interest.

Why go through the time consuming and tedious extraction and infusion processes. I’m a firm believer that the more we manipulate this magnificent weed, the more of its goodness we loose!

My method is a bit of a hybrid system that falls between the methods you fellows use.

I do a good decarb in my nova, grind it finely in a coffee grinder, moderately tamp it in an appropriately sized gel cap and add a few drops of terpene infused MCT oil. By altering the strains and types of terpenes, I’m able to experiment with different effects.

With about a dozen different strains in my larder and a wide variety of terpenes, the possibilities are are almost infinite. Great fun!

A gentle onset generally occurs 30-60 minutes with a linear ramp up to a peak at about 5 hours in and lingering positive effects still recognizable as much as 8 hours later. Interesting you’re experiencing similar results! IMBACK. This is more rewarding than than any results I’ve had with tinctures, infused oils, vaping or smoking.

As simple as the prep is and as rewarding as the results are, it amazes me that this method isn’t used more often!

Gry

All of the above looks good to me.
Used a variety of methods over time.
Glycerin was nice.
Frozen quick wash capped or mixed w/ olive oil sublingul can be very quick and strong in effect.
One of the more interesting and versatile approaches was left to us by the user Badkittysmiles;
https://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction
Very strong, and can be infused into anything easily and quickly. Like adding it to my tea.
Currently going with the above, as well as rosin mixed with olive oil for sublingual use.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Hey ozzie, what's up bud? I always used your recipes (and waverunner's) and they definitely are my bible. However, I just don't do edibles much any more since my tolerance issues require and entire gram of rosin just for a light and short buzz.

Last time we talked about this, we were using rosin. Now, I see you are simply using ground pot. As I recall, you had something of a tolerance issue as well.

Do you find that using ground herb instead of rosin works better for you?

Thanks and nice to hear from you again. What happened to waverunner?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
All of the above looks good to me.
Used a variety of methods over time.
Glycerin was nice.
Frozen quick wash capped or mixed w/ olive oil sublingul can be very quick and strong in effect.
One of the more interesting and versatile approaches was left to us by the user Badkittysmiles;
https://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction
Very strong, and can be infused into anything easily and quickly. Like adding it to my tea.
Currently going with the above, as well as rosin mixed with olive oil for sublingual use.
Thanks for that! Awesome.

Boocoodinkydow

I would like to share my recipe for Activated Canna Caps that have demonstrated the following effects:
Anti-Inflammatory
Anti-Anxiety
Anti-Depression

Overall the simplest way that I can describe is that they give me and others a higher sense of well being and a better quality of life. They work very well to for me in dealing with my migraines, the frequency and the pain/symptoms are very much reduced.

Activation of these caps depends on what/when you ate or will eat…generally if taken on an empty stomach it takes 20 – 30 mins to come on and give you a stronger effect. If taken on a full stomach it will take at least an hour to come on, the effect will be less but it will last longer…for the best effect take on an empty stomach and then eat a fatty meal/snack 20 minutes later…

Ingredients
40 – 50ml coconut oil
1 – 1.5ml terpenes

Tools
Hot Plate

Method
On a low heat stir ingredients till they are fully combined. Bubbles may/will appear, this is C02 that will appear if cannabis is not fully decarbed: continue on low heat (45-55C) until bubbles stop. DON’T RUSH THIS…it won’t take long, for me, let’s say 1 min…2 max
Mix very well

Filling caps:
Pour 1/3 of mixture on too cap filler and use spatula to not only spread but to press mixture into caps as air bubbles will form. Start from the centre and work your way outwards. Keep adding mixture in smaller quantities as you get closer to the edge. Once ALL caps look full I pick up the filler and drop from a very low height (1 -2 cm) to remove any remaining air bubbles.

Notes:
Decarded Ground Cannabis: anyway you like and feel confident with: remember that if you haven’t maxed your decard it will show when you mix with oil/lecithin and heat…I grind finely and heat in a fry pan @ 135 – 145C making sure that cannabis doesn’t sit in one place for more than 10 – 15 secs…mine gives off vapour and turns khaki in colour and has a gritty feel.

40 – 50ml Coconut Oil: start with 40ml but it depends on the cannabis you are using, it may require a bit more oil to get a flowing consistency needed to actually fill the caps…too thick is no good and makes very hard to achieve a consistent product.

Terpenes: There is plenty of information there already that I am not going to repeat here:
Search: Ethan Russo/Endocannabinoid System/Terpenes/Entourage Effect…for starters….it’s a deep rabbit hole…

I make 3 different recipes to give my caps different effects and to avoid tolerance build up. I use Myrcene in all of my recipes as it helps bridge the blood/brain barrier, I mix with the following terpenes to a 1:1:1 Ratio:

Leftovers: this recipe is going to give some leftovers as trying to get exact quantities makes it hard to get caps filled easily and consistently. I save these leftovers and mix to give a more complex mix that I describe as a soothing effect due to the higher Myrcene content.

Dosage: I take 1 – 2 most days, I have a friend who takes 4/day and others take 1/3 – ½ of a cap.

Thanx for sharing the recipe, Ozzie. Couple of quick questions.

Any progress for remediation of migraines?

I noticed you made no notation of strains that you’re using for “happy, day or night”. Do you find addition of the terpene isolates overcome the personality of the cannabis and strain differential is immaterial or are you in fact using different strains for different purposes?

ozzieAI

Veteran
Thanx for sharing the recipe, Ozzie. Couple of quick questions.

Any progress for remediation of migraines?

I noticed you made no notation of strains that you’re using for “happy, day or night”. Do you find addition of the terpene isolates overcome the personality of the cannabis and strain differential is immaterial or are you in fact using different strains for different purposes?

sorry for the very late reply...i missed your post...

my migraines have basically gone now, i get a very brief aura and a very dull ache at worst and the frequency is down that i only get this a couple of times a year.

yes the terpenes added overcome those naturally in the cannabis as the decarb process tends to reduce the naturally occurring terpenes. yes, i can make one strain have multiple effects by manipulating the terpene profile...

Galaxy420

sorry for the very late reply...i missed your post...

my migraines have basically gone now, i get a very brief aura and a very dull ache at worst and the frequency is down that i only get this a couple of times a year.

yes the terpenes added overcome those naturally in the cannabis as the decarb process tends to reduce the naturally occurring terpenes. yes, i can make one strain have multiple effects by manipulating the terpene profile...

I mix varietals in the Fury vape and sometimes the mixes are super harsh ... not all terps Jibe if you catch my drift ... had some CBD weed that I mixed with all of my THC types and that was interesting and the CBD seemed to mix better with weed than THC types .. for sure the CBD weed was more spicy , a lot of BCP in there .

I also make edibles with left over vape material ABV and add in some pepper oil to boost terp profile as all terps were lost in the vape process ETC.... and, and or add in some fresh ground peppercorn

imiubu

Anti-Inflammatory
Anti-Anxiety
Anti-Depression

Ingredients
40 – 50ml coconut oil
1 – 1.5ml terpenes

Tools
Hot Plate

Method
Mix very well

Filling caps:

Notes:

A friend describes the feeling as "an over all sense of well being" and I think that sums it up excellently :)
I've been making capsules with coconut oil for years. My process is different than yours though. I've never decarbed prior to infusion, I do not add lecithin or terpines and I strain all plant matter prior to making the capsules. KIS is what I strive for haha. The caps I make are still very effective.
I've suffered migraines since I was 11 (50+yrs). Since making my own canna caps (3+yrs); my migraines reduced in frequency, duration and intensity until I no longer have migraines.
So glad to hear that you've had the same results from this marvelous plant. We know why the pharma co's don't want cannabis legal, hu?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
At the end of the day it is whatever works for you. I use straight strains, and each strain I have in my repertoire do something specific, some do more than others e.g ACDC, Har, Ww, King Louis etc...

In the beginning I tried many strains and see what worked for me. Now I simply grow what works for me. During next year, I will be growing Ringo's gift, and Harle Tsu. Since I have ACDC as reg seeds, I will be collecting its pollen this winter and impregnate a Harle Tsu for a seed run (portion of plant only)

ozzieAI

Veteran
At the end of the day it is whatever works for you. I use straight strains, and each strain I have in my repertoire do something specific, some do more than others e.g ACDC, Har, Ww, King Louis etc...

In the beginning I tried many strains and see what worked for me. Now I simply grow what works for me. During next year, I will be growing Ringo's gift, and Harle Tsu. Since I have ACDC as reg seeds, I will be collecting its pollen this winter and impregnate a Harle Tsu for a seed run (portion of plant only)

unfortunately i don't have the access to lots of varieties being here downunder...and recently had seeds stolen by customs...

i would love to grow/access multiple strains for making caps and envy your choices...

terpene profiles are so interesting to me and my recipes very simple in their make up and would love to try more complex experiences...

how do you decarb? i suspect my current method removes to many as evidenced by the smell and vapour given off during my 'fry-off' method

A friend describes the feeling as "an over all sense of well being" and I think that sums it up excellently
I've been making capsules with coconut oil for years. My process is different than yours though. I've never decarbed prior to infusion, I do not add lecithin or terpines and I strain all plant matter prior to making the capsules. KIS is what I strive for haha. The caps I make are still very effective.
I've suffered migraines since I was 11 (50+yrs). Since making my own canna caps (3+yrs); my migraines reduced in frequency, duration and intensity until I no longer have migraines.
So glad to hear that you've had the same results from this marvelous plant. We know why the pharma co's don't want cannabis legal, hu?

i am going to try decarbing in coconut oil my next run, what temp do you use?

plain caps are effective as you say but lecithin gives the whole thing a boost by making the THC more bio-available...

yeah...can't have the people making their own effective and safe medicine....

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Double Rosin Caps - 130mg..jpg

I keep these in the freezer. They last forever. If I have a lot of pain, I take 2.....:smoke:

RMS

:smoweed:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
130 MG per dose! Makes me feel like a lightweight.

Great thread though and looking to do my own caps both THC and CBD.