What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Specs for the New Grow Room

Fixer

Great looking room. Looks like you're setting yourself up for success. I have a similar size room and am also using a quest dehumidifier. I've been looking into controllers as the quest only has the dry/normal/humid setting knob and though I can get it dialed in pretty good it can change when the weather does. There is an electrical bus panel next to the dial on the units that wires right in to a controller. That way a person can set an exact number for humidity for bothday and night. I've also started using smart plugs as timers. So far no trouble with them. I just set them from my phone app.

Hello shellybelly, I saw a control listed for the Quest dehumidifier but i's $257 and isn't internet enabled. What brand of smart plugs are you using? I'd really like to set it and forget it. Thanks for stopping in. :tiphat:

Fixer

Here is a you tube link to the controller I'm considering for my quest. It's wifi controllable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi2f54CNmuA
And here is a link to the wifi smart plugs I use for my lights. Most brands of the smart plugs are similar but if you look at the specs they differ in how many amps they handle. They work well for me.
https://www.amazon.com/Gosund-Compa...g&qid=1562424640&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

Thanks shellybelly, I haden't see that brand. Do you know if it's stand alone or you need to use any of their other gear to get the humidity controller to work? :tiphat:

I think it can be used alone. I was going to call them this week and ask. They have about everything you could imagine but the humidity controller is pretty much all I need. It would be nice to not see the night time fluctuations during late flower. I would rest easier. I'll let you know what they say.

Fixer

I think it can be used alone. I was going to call them this week and ask. They have about everything you could imagine but the humidity controller is pretty much all I need. It would be nice to not see the night time fluctuations during late flower. I would rest easier. I'll let you know what they say.

Yeah I was looking at all of the gear on their site. Tempting! Please let me know what you find out. I'd like to put as much of the new room on autopilot as possible without breaking the bank. :tiphat:

The company said I needed both main controller and humidity controller. Best prices I found online so far was $245 and $115 respectively. I think I might go for it.

Fixer

The company said I needed both main controller and humidity controller. Best prices I found online so far was $245 and $115 respectively. I think I might go for it.

Have you looked at anything like this?

https://www.aprilaire.com/whole-house-products/thermostats/wifi-thermostat/model-8620w

I haven't dug deep enough to tell if it will actually work but I've seen a number of things like this when I search for "humidity controller." I already have a couple of Intermatic timers for the lights and a CO2 controller. I'm hesitant to buy a system. The TrolMaster looks really cool though.

I’ll check them out. I really would like something that wires right in to the quest and that I could expand to work with other systems too. Eventually when work slows down I’d also like to set up an automatic drip system. I feel like if I get everything dialed in and daily chores are automated to a point I’ll have more time for breeding projects and other interesting activities.

Fixer

I'm going to grow photo-period plants in coco from clones once the room is done. What's the peat do?

Attachments

• IMG_1785.jpg
    IMG_1785.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1787.jpg
    IMG_1787.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
No real reason. I used to grow in peat with decent results. When I switched to coco I just decided to leave some peat in the mix. I suppose I should try a pure coco run and see if there's a difference.

Fixer

No real reason. I used to grow in peat with decent results. When I switched to coco I just decided to leave some peat in the mix. I suppose I should try a pure coco run and see if there's a difference.

Do you flush your coco? I have a friend who's spending all sorts of time treating and flushing his coco. I've never grown in it. I have a product called California Substrates that I wasn't planning on doing anything to. Any advice? :thank you:

So far I've used coco pearl. It's bagged and pre-washed and buffered. Haven't had to do anything to it. I think a lot of the bagged coco is cleaned up and ready to go. I get a good deal on it if I buy a pallet. I'll look forward to following your grow in your new room if you post it. Growing cannabis is too fun.

Lyfespan

whats up Fixer build looks great, got 2 rooms coming together myself. 200ft2 and 100ft2, with 12 and 8 DE1000 CMH.

going with the steel studs here. i will be doing all the work from ground up, helps being a general contractor with 25+ years exp.

what lights you gonna run

Lyfespan

Do you flush your coco? I have a friend who's spending all sorts of time treating and flushing his coco. I've never grown in it. I have a product called California Substrates that I wasn't planning on doing anything to. Any advice? :thank you:

ended up grabbing a pallet of CHARCOIR coco this time for price and availability. its all set for planting, feeding through and go

Fixer

whats up Fixer build looks great, got 2 rooms coming together myself. 200ft2 and 100ft2, with 12 and 8 DE1000 CMH.

going with the steel studs here. i will be doing all the work from ground up, helps being a general contractor with 25+ years exp.

what lights you gonna run

Hi Lyfespan, That's exactly the size of the two rooms I'm building. I've got a couple of Gravita 1000Ws for one 4*8 flower table and a variety of Mars Hydro LEDs for the other. In the veg room florescent fixtures. We only use steel studs in commercial buildings here. :tiphat:

ended up grabbing a pallet of CHARCOIR coco this time for price and availability. its all set for planting, feeding through and go

I've haven't grown in coco before. It's going to be fun! Do you have a thread up for your build yet?

Lyfespan

Hi Lyfespan, That's exactly the size of the two rooms I'm building. I've got a couple of Gravita 1000Ws for one 4*8 flower table and a variety of Mars Hydro LEDs for the other. In the veg room florescent fixtures. We only use steel studs in commercial buildings here. :tiphat:

I've haven't grown in coco before. It's going to be fun! Do you have a thread up for your build yet?

naw, im done posting my my warehouse builds after jorge ripped me off for my contributions. i post on IG sometimes

i use led and T-5 for veg here