What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Root Ball Medicine for Pain, Inflammation and More?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Recently gave some to a friend who had her appendix out. Its helped with her recovery tremendously.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Interesting, does not help much with neuropathic pain, but did with surgery recovery. Was there any additional detail about what it helped with from the surgery? Just the pain? I've noticed cuts heal faster when I use it, though not as quickly as with plant based products.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Bump.

I have half a tall bottle of olive oil. I'm going to chop up as much root as I can cram into the oil.
Let it sit for a few weeks.

I wood

Bump.

I have half a tall bottle of olive oil. I'm going to chop up as much root as I can cram into the oil.
Let it sit for a few weeks.

If using fresh roots you could freeze and thaw them first to break cell walls and facilitate a better extraction.

Douglas.Curtis

If using fresh roots you could freeze and thaw them first to break cell walls and facilitate a better extraction.
This is what I do, though not with fresh roots. When I'm done washing the soil off, the roots are rather wet. I let them dry for a while and then freeze them while still slightly moist.

So far, I've been pressure cooking them for 45 minutes at 15psi. I cram the roots into a container, then add enough oil to barely cover them. Works a treat, but I'm interested in seeing how well a non-heat extract works. :)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Wifey has a pulled muscle. I took olive oil and roots and put in Crock-Pot. Also added about 3 or 4 grams of PurpAl popcorn buds.
I have a little bit of lemon oil. I guess I add that after the Crock-Pot?

I also have a little bottle of mixed essential oils called "muscle calm".
I may add that.

I still have the bottle of olive oil and roots from last week but I don't think it's been sitting long enough.

Douglas.Curtis

Strain it good and add the lemon oil. No idea what the muscle calm will do. Not sure if it works on pulled muscles, but definitely interested in the feedback. :)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
picture.php

This is the "muscle calm".
Wifey started feeling better before the 24 hours in the crock pot.
I've been wanting to make this anyway.

I'm currently letting it strain back into the bottle.

Should I keep it refrigerated now that root compounds are in there?

Douglas.Curtis

I'm not sure how long it takes heated olive oil to go rancid at room temp. Keeping it cool definitely won't hurt it. :) I haven't kept mine cool, but I did put a lot of essential oils in it.

Interesting ingredients on the muscle calm, let us know if you mix them and how it goes. :)

I'm curious to see what 1hr in a crock pot does, vs 12hrs. I'm planning on doing several batches in the pressure canner soon. 15, 30 and 45 minute batches. See whether there's a difference or not.

G

Are the roots being used the fine roots or the thick roots toward the stalk?

Goodherb

Cannabis roots are well known an used in the carribbean societies, for near 50 years.(by our grandparents).
As an pain relief medicine,flu congestion, a cleanser in general.

Douglas.Curtis

Are the roots being used the fine roots or the thick roots toward the stalk?
I use both :)

Cannabis roots are well known an used in the carribbean societies, for near 50 years.(by our grandparents).
As an pain relief medicine,flu congestion, a cleanser in general.
This is awesome. I'd love to see written documentation/translation of this information in english. Tons of great info being used, yet 'modern' society is a desert.

G

Thanks,
I think I am going to give this a try with a solo DWC bucket. Probably Rosaberry:biggrin:

I wonder how one would use ethanol in the processing of the roots?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I forgot to give update.

Everyone I gave it to says it works.

One person said " well I guess it kinda works, but it's no cure. I rubbed it on my wife's legs and she stopped bitching about her legs for about three hours, but then she started complaining again."

Lol. It's not a cure! Sounds like it works like aspercreme, icyhot, or bengay.

I'm making up a new batch to give out at Christmas.

I have a bottle of coconut oil. It says it stays a solid below 76° and liquid above that temp.

Do you guys think if I use this instead of olive oil, that it will re-solidify after cooling even though of the essential oils that will be added?

The hardened coconut oil would be easier to apply than the liquid olive oil.

I guess if it doesn't, I could add beeswax or something.

Last edited:

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
I have a bottle of coconut oil. It says it stays a solid above 76° and liquid below that temp.

Do you guys think if I use this instead of olive oil, that it will re-solidify after cooling even though of the essential oils that will be added?

The hardened coconut oil would be easier to apply than the liquid olive oil.

I guess if it doesn't, I could add beeswax or something.

Coconut oil is solid below 76, but yes it will work just fine. Coconut oil and beeswax are the base for my topicals. If it's not stiff enough just add a bit more beeswax. It may take a bit of experimentation to get it just right.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Coconut oil is solid below 76, but yes it will work just fine. Coconut oil and beeswax are the base for my topicals. If it's not stiff enough just add a bit more beeswax. It may take a bit of experimentation to get it just right.

Thanks, I even wrote it backwards while reading the label. Lol.

Are you adding essential oils. I was worried the essential oils might keep the coconut oil in liquid form?

Glad to know the beeswax will help!

I wood

One ounce beeswax for every eight ounces coconut oil stays solid even when loaded with essential oils.
From keeping a jar in a car it became known that it melts somewhere in the mid 90s f.
The good news is that it doesn’t seem to separate at all, but just goes back and forth from solid to liquid without effecting its effectiveness either.

Latest posts

Latest posts