What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

will the real MTF please stand up

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I'm looking to get a MTF pheno of my ThunderFuckinBlockhead cross. It was made with the original MTF clone so that's even more exciting. I got my fingers crossed for the MTF pheno.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
also just to clarify- the "tang" im referring to is pronounced like the first syllable of tangerine, not the powdered drink.

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
subrob said:
chili-beautiful plants! just a little background(from my experience) back in the 80's there were quite a few strains called mtf. first, anything grown in the valley and sold in the city was labelled as mtf so that it would be bought sight unseen by anyone who could get thier hands on it, anytime they could. this sounds worse than it is cuz everything grown there was the bomb. from my recollection the original mtf was a very sativa ass kicker and is still alive and well, and yes the bikers are among those who have it. but the hippies got it too!!!!!!!! you have a better chance of getting it from the bikers, who are willing to sell it to those they like, than the hippies who spread it arounf to friends only.
as for the tang, from what i remember, this was original mtf crossed with an indica from the interior everyone called golf ball, because of the buds, and the end product was one of the best strains ive ever smoked. thats the absolute best cut of mtf to have and second only to alaska blueberry as the best strain we got!!!!!
now, as far as the guns go-best be careful, even the hippies got em......

theres alot of alaskans with alot of stories about this, this was just my story.
thanks for dropping some knowledge on us subrob. I love this version of MTF. It makes golf balls and they smell like tang. Best of all is they get ya wasted and the plant is a fast maturing strain whatever it is..

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Nice Pics Guys!!

Nice Pics Guys!!

Took these................. a couple days ago...
Gettin' frosty .......................in the coco....

:wave:

NOKUY

Veteran
hell yeah!!!

nice shots Chili, VT, and JC!!!

I lost track of this thread when I changed my account...glad I found it again.

I also found a cpl pics of my last MTF run.

The last 2 times I had clones sent from AK they were in the mail too long (lost then found, and no explanation the 2nd time) ...oh well I'm moving back to AK before long, and the cuts will be only 2 hrs away whenever I want.

heres those MTF pics that I havent posted before:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I thought that avatar looked familiar...nice pics!!! Glad you're back bro.... :wave:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Let's do it again....

Let's do it again....

in the neighborhood of day 21....2 gal root zone....she's a couple feet tall...
this is the original cut rooted earlier in this thread....
Been busy spreadin the love....time for momma to go bloomin'
-VT- said:
Sandman....I am eternally grateful for this plant... :wave:

Here that clone is now....after making babies of course :D\

:smile:

D

DJ_highst_

Harborside Medical dispensery in Oakland has cuts of MTK and they looked really healthy w/ with lots of branching. This was as of yesterday. peace_highst

mtf-shaman

my my my, you boys have been busy, great pics...i have got to get a camera but i have to get a stove first....lol

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I'll be updating again soon....of all my strains only TW gets as resinous so early in bloom....seems everybody else was spooked and bailed from the thread lol
Hope you're sticking around a bit ....good to see you sista' :smile:

Guest423

Veteran
i'm not scared, i just don't have a real mtf cut! my kodiak golds are pretty similar though but i'm sure nothing compared to mtf.

N

newbieb

hey anyone tried the mtf which dr greenthumb is supposed to come out with real soon?
i heard it was at the cannabis cup

mtf-shaman

-VT- said:
Hope you're sticking around a bit ....good to see you sista' :smile:

thanks VT, we will see if i can't get a little more computer time in, still so much to do.......

some older pics till i get a camera.....

4 Dragons

Howdy,

Great pictures all!!!!
I have heard that MTF is a good painkiller. Can anyone verify? Lord knows I need a good painkiller and I've been eyeballing the MTF for some time now. I was going to get the Brothers version way back when but snooze ya loose and that's my story.
Also if anyone can comment on Greenthumbs version that would be cool too!
Take care and happy growing, 4D

T

terran2

motaco said:
never had real MTF.

I had sag's MTF but it was a boring commercial indica. tasted like chocolate and smoked very nice though.
:muahaha:

you loveed the smoke , but boring indica ? Why don't you go smoke something purp~Kle ...just because its "purpKle" ??? : :kitty:

MTF is the one all around strains u can consistently get nothing but rave & glowing reviews about time after time after time .... just do a search anywhere . Or do a run and do it well and ask your friends about it 2 yrs later and they still procalim it one of the best they remember , lol...even Sag's.

What is boring is when u realize that when someone posts a Deisel x matty cross , it aint because the Deisel made it great silly rabbit . Are we learning yet ?.

Its just one of the rare & fun ones out there, one fabulos donkey spike at a time , that no one trys and doesn't like ...and must really be some very good reason its still near $300 for ten beans to this day ???. :bashhead: :redface:

All around great stuff , MTF ....cause it is what it is and not what the crowd thinks is great .

Last edited:

HarryNugz

I have the Brothers version going now. It's not MTF, but a hybrid of it. Probably crossed with White Widow but I'm not familiar with all they did to their mtf cut.
The Bro's Grimm called it Matanuska Thunder. Can't wait to try it for myself.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
MTF...some Week 5 Shots

MTF...some Week 5 Shots

Jusr relocated and started a new show....sorry for the delay :D

Still got this girl in my garden....pics from my current show
I think these are day 30

superjoint

Love the matty, shes soo sweet, people go nuts when i bust it out, one of my alltime favs, my mvtf smells like lemons or a pack of sweet tarts if you will, and the buzz is amazing, pretty long lasting to. VT they Look Sticky as fuck