Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Thread Title Search
Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2020, 08:48 PM #41
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexweed View Post
essential gold calmag from elevation organics doesn't have any N

Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Lignosulfonate, Magnesium Sulfate, Humic Acid

Calcium carbonate isn't soluble. I'm assuming they are using Leonardite as a slurry to keep it suspended in the bottle. This product is intended for soil, not hydroponics or foliar.

The choice of calcium lignosulfate is really interesting. It is just complexed (not chelated), but that's the first time I've seen it used like this.

DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
https://opensalts.wikidot.com/
BillFarthing is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:55 PM #42
H G Griffin

H G Griffin has much to be proud ofH G Griffin has much to be proud ofH G Griffin has much to be proud ofH G Griffin has much to be proud ofH G Griffin has much to be proud ofH G Griffin has much to be proud ofH G Griffin has much to be proud ofH G Griffin has much to be proud ofH G Griffin has much to be proud ofH G Griffin has much to be proud ofH G Griffin has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalopatchkid View Post
A member on another forum I frequent has been working on this spreadsheet calculator. It has a few common nutrient lines already built in, so you just plug in your ratios and hit the results tab to see the PPMs. You will need a spreadsheet program like excel or openoffice calc for windows or Numbers for OSX.

https://www.filedropper.com/nutrientcalculatorv207

Very much appreciated!
H G Griffin is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:53 AM #43
indocult

indocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura about
Reply to First Post

Hey great info. I've been preaching Jack's for a while, really solid stuff.

Would you recommend using the Bio-stimulant that you mentioned in a DTW Coco/ small pot automated feeds style setup?

I've been running just Jack's for a while, I cut out the silica and Cal mag even. Kind of wanted to change it up and see if I can get better quality with appropriate times nutrients/additives.
indocult is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:50 AM #44
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by indocult View Post

Would you recommend using the Bio-stimulant that you mentioned in a DTW Coco/ small pot automated feeds style setup?

I've been running just Jack's for a while, I cut out the silica and Cal mag even. Kind of wanted to change it up and see if I can get better quality with appropriate times nutrients/additives.

High P salt or rooting hormone in the cloner
Jack's/MB or another complete salt veg/transition/flower
Ca and perhaps cytokinin dominant kelp at flip
Bloom booster week 4-6 of flower
Mr. Fulvic start to finish drench in soil/soil-less (including coco)/hydro
Insecticidal soap/ Mr. Fulvic foliar for IPM veg/transition
Silica if you get broken branches as long as you don't lock out Ca veg/transition

That's it for flowers!

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:37 PM #45
Junior Capsula

Junior Capsula will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the link Kalopatchkid/HG

Old 10-27-2020, 03:54 AM #46
xavier7995

Quote:

Sounds like we ventured down the same path for nutrient education. I am pretty happy with my simple a+b...but well it can always be better and it's a boring hobby if you don't fidget with stuff.

Just chiming in again to say I very much appreciate the posts all around. My seasons coming to an end for the year sadly, but going to give some stuff a solid look for next year. Looking forward to seeing what Mr fulvic brings to the table and will research a variety of humic/fulvic products over the winter.

Ps. Screw this early snow and hard freeze, hope stuff makes it as I was planning to run through December. A look out at the greenhouse does not look promising, will see how stuff is once its above freezing during the day and I feel alright opening it up.

Edit: any info out there on what sort of ph range becomes acceptable with the use of mr fulvic? My tap come out in the low 7's, nutes dont really move it a noticeable amount and I have to ph down to around 6. I give a few points on each side of 6 as being fine...but any sort of info on how much I could get away with there. It would be really great to not fidget with ph anymore.

Old 10-27-2020, 10:17 AM #47
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier7995 View Post

Edit: any info out there on what sort of ph range becomes acceptable with the use of mr fulvic? My tap come out in the low 7's, nutes dont really move it a noticeable amount and I have to ph down to around 6. I give a few points on each side of 6 as being fine...but any sort of info on how much I could get away with there. It would be really great to not fidget with ph anymore.

Fulvic chelates nutrients and makes them bioavailable when they are out of pH range. So much so that if using salts, it requires reducing fertilizer dosage 10-25%.

Acceptable pH range is 5.5-6.5. My water out of the tap is 7.5 pH from the dissolved calcium and magnesium carbonate. Jack's and fulvic puts it at 6.2, which is perfect and I've never had any issues.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:26 PM #48
indocult

indocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura about
Thank you

Would you recommend just using Ca in hydro vs the flowering cal mag as well?

Do you lower the base when using MKP?

Last edited by indocult; 10-27-2020 at 12:56 PM..
indocult is offline Quote

Old 10-27-2020, 02:17 PM #49
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

Quote:
Thank you

Would you recommend just using Ca in hydro vs the flowering cal mag as well?

Do you lower the base when using MKP?

It's your call on the Ca. I like Metalosate at transition, even though it bumps up the N a bit. It keeps the tops from yellowing at flip.

Growmore cal-mag has no N and gives the ladies an excellent structure going into flower. Because kelp is organic based, it has the potential to create biofilm with UC's and drippers. It is not an issue with soil/soilless.

Old 10-28-2020, 02:17 AM #50
indocult

Thank you again!
About to read up on metasolate, haven't heard of it before.
Honestly, using only Jack's I've been able to grow better flower than like 98 % of dispensary stuff, just been running it for years and ready to try additives again.
I've used MKP before, flowers got bigger but less dense so the Yield stayed about the same. I'm thinking I timed it wrong or used too much.