What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Plants Hide MJ Best?

Jerusalem Artickokes
They show the same IR spectrum as cannabis on FLIR detection systems and are, as such, ignored
they are perennial and an invasive species to most parts of the world
Have a deep dark green to them that matches our plant to a tee
The tubers provide the highest/efficiency ratio of ethanol production for a living plant,8 times more efficient than corm.

thinman

basil and garlic

basil is hearty and grows like crazy and garlic is a natural defense against a lot of plant eating insects. basil doesn't get real tall, but it gets very bushy and grows deep green. if you have a strain that takes well to topping and trimming and you can hold the height down, these work very well.

by the way, i know mj likes full sun....but, a friend has a few spots under trees where he grows full sized sativa christmas trees every year with great success. the thing is, his plants only receive full sun for a short period each morning and evening. they do incredibly well and are shaded most of the time. go figure!!

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I wouldn't recommend anything non native, or anything that bears fruit that bears etc might eat knocking over plants etc.

I for one notice non native plants and things that are not growing up and competing naturally and if I saw basil or other produce plants out in the middle of no where I'd inspect.

Benny

Tactical Farmer said:
This is a little off topic but thinking on lining my perimeter in Razor Grass (Scleria secans) to scratch up any pesky critters.

Spent some time looking around for the seeds online to plant but cant find chit - any advice on where to buy seeds like them ? Alfalfa & Clover too :)

You would think that if you found some saw grass in the wild you could transplant it? Now that i think about it, most times i have been attacked were in really boggy areas, so you could look around swampy places.....???

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Training

Training

I put my crop right in the open but trained low to the ground. They spread out to about 6'x6' each girl...18" to 24" high...these are from my H3ad seeds summer grow...DD

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All of these are in containers and put out Aug 6.
Mucho LST to keep below ~2ft
The native weeds keeps things nice and stealth until late, and then the evergreens make a still lush green plant inconspicuous.

hoosierdaddy's secret garden
42896Photo_091208_001.JPG

42896Photo_091208_002.JPG

42896Photo_091208_003.JPG

42896Photo_091208_004.JPG

42896Photo_091208_005.JPG

42896Photo_091208_006.JPG

An extra cut gets a spot in the back of the vegetable garden. She is lovin the sun!
42896Photo_091208_009.JPG

The Lollipop Quartet
42896Photo_091208_007.JPG

A

AdmiralRed

Some good ideas folks. I have inspected several sites this year while out mountain biking. I have found a few spots for next year that I plan to take advantage of. The ideas contained in this thread give me even more spots to think about.

AR

hyposomniac

A few have mentioned Castor plants... the seeds of which can be used to make ricin, a powerful poison. This connection has been made in the mass media recently and could potentially attract LEO attention.

bjorn.torske

bushes are the best! all places that we have are inside large bushes. you make a small narrow way in, where you go on your knees crouching, but in the middle of the bushes you cut everything out, you take in your soil, and plant your plants. its quite a lot of hard work for the beginning, but youll see in autumn :).

advantages of bushes:
- prevention from animals.....we never had problems with animals in the bushes, only once with mouse or something like that
- prevention from strong wind
- bushes keeps moisture on that place so really a little need of watering during growing... we only were watering our plants when we fertilized them.
- and at least prevents from people who want to steal your hard work
- it allows you to grow in quite short distance from habited places

disatvantages:
- hard work with making your place. you are taking out thistles?(dont know if this is right word) in the evening from your body, you have little wounds and scratches from bush branches and taking several times the 40 kg bags with soil into the bushes while your are laying on your belly isnt pleasant also.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
OK so here is what I used last summer to hide my plants.:woohoo:
one day last mid summer my mother came over after I moved them to the corner of the yard and said I need to get these plants to help hide them good. cuz they get big just like weed does.

and these pix r of the plants in only mid flower. in november I reeped a very cheese sweet harvest. but the first pic is of them and there friend plantie some time in oct-nov.

ps: I also really love this thread.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php