What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yellow leaves falling off

ckp

Hi all,

This is my Green Crack strain growing outdoors in the 9th week. All went well up until last week that the leaves are turning yellow. So far I'm feeding them with rain water (once a week) and a mixture of Bloom-MIcro-Grow (once a week as well).

Could it be PH issue? Potassium deficiency?

Thanks for your time

Attachments

• IMG_0429.jpg
    IMG_0429.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0431.jpg
    IMG_0431.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0432.jpg
    IMG_0432.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 20

troutman

Seed Whore
When in doubt check pH 1st. I suspect it's low in your case. But do test before doing anything.
In soil, go for a pH of around 6.2 to 6.6 for best results. Lower than 6.0 or higher than 7.0 will
result in problems over time. Nutrients get locked out when the pH is off.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You could dig her out carefully and pot her in a much smaller pot so she can use up the water more effectively. I don't want to raise your hopes too high. This won't probably help much because the plant is far into flowering and they tend to get finnicky if you mess too much with them.
In every case you should avoid watering her until the pot is lightweight and the soil surface is dry by feel. Keep them from rain at all costs the next days, weeks.

Last edited:

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And skip the fertilizers. Put them far, far away! They do more harm in the hands of novices than good. Basically, unexperienced growers tend to listen to people who tell them which deficiency they see without recognizing that the fertilizers are applicated with water which worsens a situation like yours.

T

Teddybrae

I agree the issue is wet feet and under those circumstances pH could be all over the place. I 'm an outdoor organic grower too. I would not attempt a transplant at this stage unless you REALLY know what you're doing.
As long as your soil is well drained the size of the pot should not matter. And watering TWICE a week (I assume you put your nutes on as liquid) should not cause a problem unless you're growing in a sauna.

Check the drainage of yr soil. how long does it take for liquid to run thru? If longer than a couple of minutes then your problem is there.

Is your pot draining properly? Are the pots right on the ground? Has a seal grown between them and the ground that will slow drainage from the pot? If so lift them up with stones or put gravel under yr pots.
Even stick something thru the drain holes to open them more ...
Perseverance Furthers!
Good luck!

ckp

Thanks for your awesome support guys. For now I skipped the watering and added more holes to the pot to help drying out. I didn't attempt a transplant since I'm to inexperienced for that. One of the plants I think is way of recovery. Should I still wait to get a harvest from that?

Regards

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Hi all,

This is my Green Crack strain growing outdoors in the 9th week. All went well up until last week that the leaves are turning yellow. So far I'm feeding them with rain water (once a week) and a mixture of Bloom-MIcro-Grow (once a week as well).

Could it be PH issue? Potassium deficiency?

Thanks for your time

they do look like they are having a potassium deficiency. But then you also have the yellowing of the lower leaves on the bottom too.

you say they are in the 9th week. Do you mean nine weeks old or nine weeks since they started flowering? they look like they haven't been flowering more then a month.

ckp

Now they are 12 weeks old (from seed till now). Most of the leaves are keep falling of one of the plants so even if they are not quite ready yet I was thinking to harvest