What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dust from soil

Hi I made a soil mix in front of my kids and dust went everywhere. I have flower in kids and I’m scared that they are dusty. What really did it was the perlite I dumped into my tub dry dust went everywhere and it was directly beside my flowering kids. Most are 2-3 weeks away from harvest

Can I spray them with a foliage something like 3% peroxide? I want to soak them and then put a fan on the with the light off for a few hours thanks

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I've never done it, but like Mr Greengenes says you can dip them to remove stuff. Or just rinse them off in the sink/bathtub. Make sure you use cool water not hot/warm water. And I'm guessing he wants to use peroxide cause that's the way Jorge does it. :D

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Wait till harvest. After you clip a branch, dip it in water with 1oz of 3% hydrogen peroxide per gallon in it. Get the 35% food grade h202 and dilute some to 3% for your soak.

Let the branch(es) sit in the soak for at least a minute, then swish it a little and pull it out. Swish it in a container of clean water for a couple seconds and then gently shake off the excess water. Give it a minute, then wet trim if you do. Otherwise, hang it as normal.

1oz of 3%/gallon of clean water. More h202 and you'll crisp the flowers. ;)

Wait till harvest. After you clip a branch, dip it in water with 1oz of 3% hydrogen peroxide per gallon in it. Get the 35% food grade h202 and dilute some to 3% for your soak.

Let the branch(es) sit in the soak for at least a minute, then swish it a little and pull it out. Swish it in a container of clean water for a couple seconds and then gently shake off the excess water. Give it a minute, then wet trim if you do. Otherwise, hang it as normal.

1oz of 3%/gallon of clean water. More h202 and you'll crisp the flowers. ;)

Hi yes I came across a video that said to do this and idk... just seems like you would wash a lot of the trichdone the drain right?

That’s why I considered foliar and getting them nice and wet so they can drip. And then letting them continue to flower to lessen the impact of flushing trichs down the drain. Plus I also feel like the longer something like that sits the more chance of it becoming apart of the plant if it’s sitting in the bud. Like the bud of trichs would have dust be a more permanent part of it

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
It will not wash any trichomes down the drain. Keep the water temps around 68F and all you'll really be losing is the dust and a small amount of water soluble terpenes.

You're 2-3 weeks away. Spray them down with water for now, do the rinse at harvest just around the corner.

It will not wash any trichomes down the drain. Keep the water temps around 68F and all you'll really be losing is the dust and a small amount of water soluble terpenes.

You're 2-3 weeks away. Spray them down with water for now, do the rinse at harvest just around the corner.

Thank you

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like Douglas.Curtis says, the water will not wash off the trichomes. I know, it is counter intuitive. I was in a unique position to learn this early on because I'm often looking at a plants seeds as being the value as opposed to the flower. So, when I asked myself if I was going to lose trichomes from the water, my answer was that it didn't matter as long as I could save the seeds. To my surprise, no trichomes washed off. Since those days, I've done it literally thousands of times. I try to keep the water about luke warm because I'm afraid cold water really will knock trichomes off. I mean, after all, bubble hash. Water that's too warm is tolerated by the plant fine, and really f**ks up mites big time, but does seem to reduce terpenes, at least temporarily. Though I'm beginning to suspect they may reform, which is a really interesting can of worms!

:tiphat:

Looking forward to your results :D

Well I washed them earlier. Let them sit in a bucket with 4 gals and 6 oz peroxide for a few mins

Rinsed them off in shower. I won’t know results for a few weeks but they smelled good as hell when I hung them up to dry.

Let them hang win front of fan came back a little over two hours later and they felt completely dry they still hanging tho probably will take them down after a couple more hours just to make sure

Attachments

• BC9EB711-9FDE-4F2F-BE44-B53146503426.jpg
    BC9EB711-9FDE-4F2F-BE44-B53146503426.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 17
  • AD3C7983-6F07-4EE7-9A94-C92E8B691F0C.jpg
    AD3C7983-6F07-4EE7-9A94-C92E8B691F0C.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 1BC9D4A0-B6A4-443F-B1E5-60C27E9AF118.jpg
    1BC9D4A0-B6A4-443F-B1E5-60C27E9AF118.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 19
  • D0E31099-A048-4520-BF9F-E89011D4BA3C.jpg
    D0E31099-A048-4520-BF9F-E89011D4BA3C.jpg