What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice work Caliprop! Thats a big bush! Its all bout coverage to get a good yield , sounds like you've got it with a 9 ft span! It may be a bad idea doing foliar feeding at night because it could promote disease by leaving the foliage wet overnight. Looking forward to watching your garden! Thanks for sharing! :smoke:

caliprop215

Veteran
Nice work Caliprop! Thats a big bush! Its all bout coverage to get a good yield , sounds like you've got it with a 9 ft span! It may be a bad idea doing foliar feeding at night because it could promote disease by leaving the foliage wet overnight. Looking forward to watching your garden! Thanks for sharing! :smoke:

Ur bush looks like mine eh....nicly done..

Yea once i tie it down will definitely be 9 ft across probably 10 by flower time.. then stretch...gna pass my 6 ft fence like nothing. Im gna have to put up some kind of block abiv:tiphat:e fence

Its like 89 degrees right now and its 10 at night..i live in hot ass weather ...never thought about disease from spraying at night because its so hot here water is gone in about a hour or 2...

Thanks man smoke on

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea Caliprop I've seen bigger plants this yr but the way you've got it spread out is amazing work. I don't think I could do that because it's so humid and wet. That's another reason I haven't really topped....it's very still air around here I don't get much wind or breeze going toward my plants. I'm happy I topped those I think it'll be ok. Thanks man

Pipeline I didn't get started this yr until late/mid May lol.... Got a very late start this yr. I don't like to even top my plants but I decided to nip the tops on my 4 CL fems. I thought pretty hard on it and believe it'll be ok on these. Everything else I won't be topping this year. I've got a bunch of smaller plants (fems) that won't need topped....now after i wreck my brain about topping you tell me not to after I already did LMAO. I'm just joking man, I didn't plan to top them and Caliprop suggest it and I think it's a good idea on these. There not as old so I figure they won't start to flower as early as a plant that's more mature. As you guys see it's a hard decision for me to top my plants. All my indoor yrs I loved the Big cola from untopped plants. I do love super cropping indoors. I think I'm gonna tie some of the 4 plants I topped down some.

On another note I got finished up planting this evening. Yes I ended up planting everything I had left....I used all my supplies container planting and put the rest in the ground. So I'm gonna be in the Mtns checking guerilla plants and maintain container plants also. We've had these crazy hard rains again....I guess it's been a huge help on the guerilla plants....if they don't wash off in a flash flood. It's been a rough season with my late start trying to catch up and the heat and rain.

caliprop215

Veteran
Wv

Thanks. Dont worry about the 4 plants u topped....

U know whats better then 1 main cola?

4 main colas that produce more. Yea i know its not the 1 giant cola but u will have 4 almost as big...

I topped mine about 20 plus times each but no more from now on its getting late. The small ones less obviously...

Last edited:

caliprop215

Veteran
Also if u have high humidity and low air flow u wouldnt want 1 giant nug as it is suseptable to mold way easier then ...

U got like 50 plants outside .gladd u finally done planting most hard work is done...well not for guerilla growers... Keeps u in shape LOL

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Also if u have high humidity and low air flow u wouldnt want 1 giant nug as it is suseptable to mold way easier then ...

U got like 50 plants outside .gladd u finally done planting most hard work is done...well not for guerilla growers... Keeps u in shape LOL

Yea I ended up with 25-30 container plants and about 15 I put in the ground close to this area on my property. Most of those are fem seeds....so I counted around 40ish. Plus I've got another 35-40 plants in the Mtns/guerilla spots. I gotta hike these Mtns to get to those. They're standard seeds so I'm not 100% on the male/fem ratio yet on those. We've had record rains and several floods. All the rain has cut the work down so much. I've got fertilizer in my holes my guerilla plants are so they get fed good too. I'm just trying to make the best of this season....I'm so damn aggervated I didn't get to start early/normal but I've just gotta do what I can and hopefully get a half decent grow. :biggrin:

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Hey WV, I updated my thread bro. You should check out the pics I dropped this morning. I had to come home and get myself a bite to eat and then back to the woods I go! I will stop back by the threads tonight.

Stay cool!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
So 80 or so... Dam man......how much u normally pull of those or what u expecting from 80? Should be plenty for the year!

Well I know I keep harpin about getting a late start. But most of my plants are small so that's why I got so many. My container plants are around the size of the 4 CL...a lil smaller really. I've got about 25 around that size plus my guerilla stuff is prolly about the same size probably bigger than the 4 CL. But of the 40 guerilla plants I haven't sorted out the males and some plants I haven't been back to yet so???? I'm not really sure how many decent fems I'll have in the guerilla plants. I've got a few real nice patches on top the mtn and I've got some other plants just here and there spread around in various plots. I've been back to the nice patch a few times but some of the plants I have one here and one there ya know, but I haven't been back to everyone. But they've been watered good and have slow release fert in the holes. So if my efforts keep the deer from eating all them I might be ok. But to answer the ??? if I end up with 10 fems outta the guerilla plants I'll be happy....plus my containers and the small fems I planted around my container plot....was around 40fem in that area....really just have to see how it goes. I usually hope to get 1/4 to 1/3 what I plant. I've learned to keep expectations low lol.

But in a normal season I'd start indoor about mar and put them out in early May or when the cold weather is gone. I'd prolly do about 12-15 big container at least 30gallon. We can't really do the huge container like out west....it's hard enough trying to hide these 30gal pots lol...a damn 500gal container everybody around would be like why they hauling so much dirt in??? There probably growing that marijuana...need to call the cops/law lol. Southern folks can be VERY nosy and gossip....keep there nose up your ass. It's very hard to keep shit your doing especially illegal shit a secret. Just kinda letting you guys know how things are/as I'm sure everybody deals with so sort of the fashion.

The guerilla side of growing.....hell if I'd had a atv/4wheeler I'd plant until my back was broke....maybe 100-200 if I had atv. But this yr I'm hiking and I'm to damn old and broken up to do this anymore lol. So the 40 is a lil more on me but after I sort everything I'm figuring 10fems....don't get me wrong I'm hoping for more but on guerilla plants the 1/4 on what you plant might be wishful thanking. So the containers I should end up with more like 3/4 of what I planted. If somebody told me you'll end up with 20 decent plants with 1/2 lb to 6oz a plant I'd say thank you I'll take it lol. But you know how it goes....after everything is said and done if 10plants give a half/pound each I'd probably be sad but happy to have something. Kinda of a low expectation best case with 20 and a VERY low worst case....I damn sure hope to get a decent harvest...I'm putting in the work. Today's the 1st time I've took a break. I'm gonna go out in a few mins and check some stuff. And tomorrow I'm gonna check on every guerilla plant. I've got coordinates on everything. I'll have to use them and my notes to find a few of these plants. So I'll have a better idea of what I got or don't have with the guerilla stuff the next few days

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Hey WV, I updated my thread bro. You should check out the pics I dropped this morning. I had to come home and get myself a bite to eat and then back to the woods I go! I will stop back by the threads tonight.

Stay cool!

Man I feel so bad for you how those helis have you so pinned down. That's bullshit man the KY commonwealth should put that money somewhere else. You got some beautiful plants. You're a true guerilla grower. That's what I call guerilla growing my friend. Can't wait to check out more of your stuff bud. Take care this heat has been crazy....and all the rain. At least it helps us on watering I guess.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well I'm getting ready to hit the Mtns and try to get to all my guerilla locations.....kinda wanna check some things I haven't been back too. Also need to spray so deer repellent and insecticide/fungicide.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Got to one of my guerilla plots that I've got 6 plants in a area together. Well I had 1 six foot male and another 1 almost that tall. The one was already open pollen sacs. The other 3 were nice females about 3-4ft tall. They just have started to show there sex....not a lot of white pistils. I can't believe the males had already open up. Needless to say I removed the males I don't figured they'll cause a seed fest. They were 2 different strains outta the 6 plants. They are standard seeds....just kinda odd that happened I was just at the site 10days or so ago. The males had doubled or more in size the last 10 days.

Also found so other nice fems. I done some staking up and tied 4-5 of the fems down some. I've got a few other places to check but I'm prolly gonna end up with 15 or so nice fems. There's some plants that's so small....I wish I'd found this site on top the mtn before I planted allot of my guerilla plants. It's so hard to get the sunlight you need unless your on the main top of a ridge. Or you have a place that's been cleared out/trees and brush cut down. But I'm happy with what I've got in the guerilla spots, I found a nice trail to get to my guerilla stuff and it's getting all the light and nice breeze. Now I'm gonna be focusing on camouflaging around my containers and paths along with other maintainance. I'll get a few pics I took posted later.

Also got a nice Cherry Mist fem....it's Cherry bomb x kali mist. Buckeyebandit hooked me up and we hoped to get a fem outta this grow and I've got one !!!

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
When do plants normally flower/open pollen sacs for you? Normally happens around the first or second week of August for me.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found a male on the first round of culling that was really far along. Most nodes at the top had clusters forming already. Thats about when I see males open a week or so into August.

I'd imagine its hard to get good sun there! woods growing is tough enough, but you have mountains blocking the light! I wonder what kind of spots mountain buds uses?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I found a male on the first round of culling that was really far along. Most nodes at the top had clusters forming already. Thats about when I see males open a week or so into August.

I'd imagine its hard to get good sun there! woods growing is tough enough, but you have mountains blocking the light! I wonder what kind of spots mountain buds uses?

Yea this one male had balls everywhere I wasnt expecting it yet. I'm hoping they don't put tons of seeds, the fems are just starting to show/pistils. Normally around mid Aug....I'd never really worry until early Aug. But I guess it's getting on us guys it's almost Aug.

I'd say it's more dense around here than were MB is. I think he's using a 4wheeler too so he I'm sure has good clear spots. He's a helluva guerilla grower that's for sure. I'm nestled into a low valley with Mtns surrounding everything. I can throw a rock from one side of the mtn to the other and our homes in the middle. There's places that gets allot more open once you drive outta here about 45min. I'll post some pics of the area I'm using atop the mtn:)

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
A few I took out in the Mtns

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 11

Buckeyebandit

Looking good brother. Nice and healthy. Look forward to see how they stack them flowers for you. That Km x cb looks to be cherry dominate by the big fan leafs. Would she happen to have red streaks in the main stems ?