What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moving and interacting with different types of neighbours.

St. Phatty

One general guideline for dealing with difficult neighbors is -

give them enough rope to hang themselves.

It's possible you will need to ask a 3rd party for help with the situation.

At that time, it helps a lot if one party is just quietly being patient, taking notes, and just living with the abuse.

While the other is getting creative, being an asshole.

It works better, when you ask the third party for help, if the asshole neighbor has multiple instances of being an asshole, going back 6 months or a year ... or more.

I can't stand it when my neighbors are sticking their noses into my evil plans and whatnot. PM your address so I can burn your garage down. Jehovah Witness, court witness. Hate them all!

Lol, I have met some Jehovah's that we're ok, but most of the ones who take their religion seriously tend to be very judgemental of all others who are not part of their cult. Well since they are gone I've been much less paranoid, good riddance, heaven is only for the one's who believe in Jehovah. So I guess the acceptance percentage of St, Peter is extremely low, less than a percent acceptance rate. It's probably better to be a sinner than spending all eternity in heaven with those lamo's!!

Yeah it's best to live and let live, I really don't give a crap what the neighbours are doing on their side as long as they don't come bother me on my property.. The only thing that I would be inclined to stick my nose in would be a wife beater... I would have a hard time not to say something if I could hear that crap going on next door, I'm not sure what the best way to interact without calling the cops or to fight with the guy, but any other situation keep away, don't start neighbour wars and don't fuel vindictive neighbours flames, let them hang themselves with their own actions..

All funny thing about the country is you still might have problems with neighbours even if they are half a mile away.. Troublemakers are not limited to city's and towns, they are probably even more in rural areas because they don't get along with anyone.
Country house that you can't see from the road with a sign at the entrance of the driveway private property no trespassing. Then right below the first sign another sign that says warning guard dogs, enter at your own risk. Then much lower a sign that is barely readable with grass growing over it that says shotgun country, shotgun rules, please give me an excuse to fill your butt with 12 gauge bird shots! But unfortunately those good old days are long over, you get sued by the robbers nowadays :(

brown_thumb

Holy crap... the text in the OP looks like computer code. It's not something an ADD guy like me will ever read. LOL!!

But best of luck with whatever your stresses are. :)

I got a nice surprise visit this evening, I heard the dogs barking and went to the front door to answer... It's two police at my front door and across the street from my place there's 2 cop cars parked ... I start quietly getting nervous and wonder what's going on, they start questioning me, they ask me for my name, which I politely give them then they start asking me if I'm alone and who else is in the house with me and ask me if they can come in they need to talk to me and ask me questions and walk in my home. They ask a few questions like how long I've lived here and who else lives with me?? I tought for sure this was what I've been worrying about since I've been in this hobby, I thought I was getting busted for growing...

Then they start questioning me about one of my good friends I've known since the age of 6, they ask me when was the last time I talked to him and they are looking for him and are worried about his own safety and when was the last time he came to see us and where he might be hanging out and who are his friends and such.

At this point I start feeling a bit less stressed because they aren't here for the reason I thought they were. So it turns out he sent a picture of him holding a hunting riffle under his chin while kneeling down to his girlfriend, they just recently split up and I guess he was probably somehow trying to make her feel bad and try to get her attention..

Definitely not a smart move on his behalf, perfect way to get yourself in trouble and your buddies who go out of their way to avoid dealing with law enforcement.
It's not the first time he's done this type of thing before and when they found him hiding in the woods tonight with the police dog, they sent him for a complete psychological evaluation for 72 hours.

This time I realized even if I'm careful and am very discreet sooner or later this area is going to get me in trouble... What the f*** I haven't done a single thing to attract them and some how they are always arround my place for everyone else.

Let's say they would have asked me to check arround my house to make sure he's not here this would have ended badly for me.

Gonna hurry up with the renovations and most likely put it for sale on the market and get the hell out of this twilight zone of bad karma... This is seriously screwed up.

I'm moving the basement grows to a different area, I actually started moving it before the visit this evening and now I now I'm making a good decision..

Seriously they could write an article in high times about the risks of growing based on my experiences this past year.

And like one of the other members wrote about the unexpected does happens, who would have imagined the cops would show up to your place for this kind of crap? Never would have predicted that.

Or like the time a semi truck knocked over a electric pole and they had to go in my buddies basement to make sure the electrical entrance of his apt building was of before they could splice the electrical mains to his electrical entrance. He just happened to have a 3kw grow going on . Just random bad luck, happens when you least expect it.

You might think you have all the possibilities covered but there's always a possibility of random events you could never expect that will happen.

Even in the country, less likely to happen but you never know..

I cant wait to curse at my friend next time I see him, not cool. He's lucky we go way back otherwise I would be inclined to lose a friend who pulls unstable crazy stunts like this.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
I love these kind of threads. I remember one where a guy was freaking out monitoring all the helicopters and planes flying over his house and cars driving down his isolated road, and keeping us updated on it. So here's my contribution:

A looong time ago when I was young I rented a little house with a cousin for a bit, and after we moved into a new place I kept the rental house to blow up with a grow. Bad idea right? Well, the landlord was 90+ years old and didn't give a shit anymore and was medically bound to his home anyway. Plus the lease was month-to-month so I could leave any time and the landlord was super laid back when I met him the one time to sign it. So I felt the situation was an exception to the rule, plus the rent was cheap only a qp each harvest would cover it.

So I had the cover of family and friends thinking I lived with my cuzz at a different nearby spot, yet was well acquainted with my neighbors at what was now my grow house. Except maybe they noticed my cats weren't hanging out in my backyard anymore, and that I now parked my car inside the garage (so no family/friends randomly driving by would recognize it), but my story was that my cousin moved out and I obviously stayed.

Having a grow house is a juggling trick even within a few miles of your actual house. I don't know how the dudes with multiple families pull their scam off. I had helped both the neighbors with projects in the past, they were just old retired grumps who did not like each other, and I was literally and figuratively in the middle, but I managed to stay pretty cool with both of them by fixing their TVs/computers/internet whenever they fucked them up.

Everything is going smoothly for a few months until one day I'm at the grow house doing my thing and all of the sudden I hear voices in my backyard through the window, and people banging on my doors and grow-room windows, and trying to open the backdoor to my garage and patio door, yelling "Police, open up! Come out!" What the fuck!? I peep through the bottom-corner edge of the blinds because I didn't dare move or crack them. Two city cops, guns drawn. I go peep out the front and there's no police car parked but there are some driving back and forth on my street with their lights on. I just pretend nobody is home, and sit tight. I sit tight all night. I sleep on the floor, in case they are waiting for me. I peep around in the pre-dawn morning, and in case they have the street staked out I go out my backyard, jump over the back fence which has a utility easement running by it, and cautiously walk out, cut through a field and cross a creek by walking on a pipeline, into another neighborhood, and make my way to my actual home on foot. Later that day I scope out the situation by borrowing someone else's car and driving around a bit, and figure there is no stake-out. I chat with the neighbor about all the ruckus the previous day and he says there were some kids being chased by the cops but the cops lost them after they dodged down the utility easement trail, and they thought the kids were hiding in my grow house. Motherfucker.

That was a bad scare and close call, but the worst was a little past three harvests into my grow op my mom randomly decides to visit my "old" neighbor to get some garden plant cuttings from him. They have a confused conversation because he thinks I still live there and she says I moved. He tells her that I should be home now, that he saw me park in the garage earlier. Well I had forgotten to lock the garage backdoor and she gets in that way, sees my car parked in there, then lets herself in through the kitchen-garage door and walks in on me standing naked in the living room muscle-posing.

See I always took all my clothes off before working in my gardens because I didn't want them getting skunky, then took a shower when I was done working. Since I was already stinky and sweaty from garden work I would usually work out before taking a shower, just lots of pushups and crunches mainly since I didn't keep weights there other than big jugs of water for my gardens that I used for curls and squats. There was a big mirror down the hallway facing the living room and I was just briefly admiring my muscles and cock and Buffalo-Bill-ing it up ("Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me."), when my mom walks in on me right then, naked and sweaty and smelling like skunky musky spicey weirdness from my hard work in my bedroom-gardens. I was shocked and panicked like that feeling the first time you get caught masturbating and I just screamed GET OUT WHAT THE FUCK GET OUT MOM. She got the fuck out of there and has never mentioned it since.

I had to shut down the op, but I couldn't tell her the truth that I was running a grow house, because she could never keep her mouth shut about that. She'd be super worried but also kinda proud and think its funny and interesting, I'm sure she'd blab about it. So I let her put the puzzle pieces she had together: my son secretly keeps paying for a rental house several months after he supposedly moved out, and he goes there all the time and is naked and sweaty and has the weirdest sex smell on him. Apparently she thinks I'm into some freaky shit or a rapist, when she looks at me its a thousand-yard stare of deep shame and confusion and disappointment. Whenever a local girl goes missing she gets kind of edgy and intense and awkwardly asks me roundabout questions about what I was up to on specific days, I guess to assure herself I'm not a serial killer. But I can't tell her I was just growing some weed and liked to garden naked, because then everybody would know. Me being a deviant pervert, she'll keep her mouth shut about that though. If my state ever legalizes I'll go ahead and tell her, but until then such is the life for growers behind enemy lines.

WelderDan

Veteran
I love these kind of threads. I remember one where a guy was freaking out monitoring all the helicopters and planes flying over his house and cars driving down his isolated road, and keeping us updated on it. So here's my contribution:

A looong time ago when I was young I rented a little house with a cousin for a bit, and after we moved into a new place I kept the rental house to blow up with a grow. Bad idea right? Well, the landlord was 90+ years old and didn't give a shit anymore and was medically bound to his home anyway. Plus the lease was month-to-month so I could leave any time and the landlord was super laid back when I met him the one time to sign it. So I felt the situation was an exception to the rule, plus the rent was cheap only a qp each harvest would cover it.

So I had the cover of family and friends thinking I lived with my cuzz at a different nearby spot, yet was well acquainted with my neighbors at what was now my grow house. Except maybe they noticed my cats weren't hanging out in my backyard anymore, and that I now parked my car inside the garage (so no family/friends randomly driving by would recognize it), but my story was that my cousin moved out and I obviously stayed.

Having a grow house is a juggling trick even within a few miles of your actual house. I don't know how the dudes with multiple families pull their scam off. I had helped both the neighbors with projects in the past, they were just old retired grumps who did not like each other, and I was literally and figuratively in the middle, but I managed to stay pretty cool with both of them by fixing their TVs/computers/internet whenever they fucked them up.

Everything is going smoothly for a few months until one day I'm at the grow house doing my thing and all of the sudden I hear voices in my backyard through the window, and people banging on my doors and grow-room windows, and trying to open the backdoor to my garage and patio door, yelling "Police, open up! Come out!" What the fuck!? I peep through the bottom-corner edge of the blinds because I didn't dare move or crack them. Two city cops, guns drawn. I go peep out the front and there's no police car parked but there are some driving back and forth on my street with their lights on. I just pretend nobody is home, and sit tight. I sit tight all night. I sleep on the floor, in case they are waiting for me. I peep around in the pre-dawn morning, and in case they have the street staked out I go out my backyard, jump over the back fence which has a utility easement running by it, and cautiously walk out, cut through a field and cross a creek by walking on a pipeline, into another neighborhood, and make my way to my actual home on foot. Later that day I scope out the situation by borrowing someone else's car and driving around a bit, and figure there is no stake-out. I chat with the neighbor about all the ruckus the previous day and he says there were some kids being chased by the cops but the cops lost them after they dodged down the utility easement trail, and they thought the kids were hiding in my grow house. Motherfucker.

That was a bad scare and close call, but the worst was a little past three harvests into my grow op my mom randomly decides to visit my "old" neighbor to get some garden plant cuttings from him. They have a confused conversation because he thinks I still live there and she says I moved. He tells her that I should be home now, that he saw me park in the garage earlier. Well I had forgotten to lock the garage backdoor and she gets in that way, sees my car parked in there, then lets herself in through the kitchen-garage door and walks in on me standing naked in the living room muscle-posing.

See I always took all my clothes off before working in my gardens because I didn't want them getting skunky, then took a shower when I was done working. Since I was already stinky and sweaty from garden work I would usually work out before taking a shower, just lots of pushups and crunches mainly since I didn't keep weights there other than big jugs of water for my gardens that I used for curls and squats. There was a big mirror down the hallway facing the living room and I was just briefly admiring my muscles and cock and Buffalo-Bill-ing it up ("Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me."), when my mom walks in on me right then, naked and sweaty and smelling like skunky musky spicey weirdness from my hard work in my bedroom-gardens. I was shocked and panicked like that feeling the first time you get caught masturbating and I just screamed GET OUT WHAT THE FUCK GET OUT MOM. She got the fuck out of there and has never mentioned it since.

I had to shut down the op, but I couldn't tell her the truth that I was running a grow house, because she could never keep her mouth shut about that. She'd be super worried but also kinda proud and think its funny and interesting, I'm sure she'd blab about it. So I let her put the puzzle pieces she had together: my son secretly keeps paying for a rental house several months after he supposedly moved out, and he goes there all the time and is naked and sweaty and has the weirdest sex smell on him. Apparently she thinks I'm into some freaky shit or a rapist, when she looks at me its a thousand-yard stare of deep shame and confusion and disappointment. Whenever a local girl goes missing she gets kind of edgy and intense and awkwardly asks me roundabout questions about what I was up to on specific days, I guess to assure herself I'm not a serial killer. But I can't tell her I was just growing some weed and liked to garden naked, because then everybody would know. Me being a deviant pervert, she'll keep her mouth shut about that though. If my state ever legalizes I'll go ahead and tell her, but until then such is the life for growers behind enemy lines.

I laughed so hard I almost spit beer all over the computer. Smart move though. Mom won't ever tell anyone her son is a perv!

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Thanks I think. Oh well, at least she stopped nagging me to trap myself in a marriage and pump out some more grandkids.

Green Squall

My neighbor is a K9 officer in another town. Haven't met him yet and don't plan to. There's not much interaction between the neighbors around here. Usually just a wave and a smile is all.

I get along fine with the new neighbors they are much more normal then the jehovas and dont seem to care what I do on my proprety.

Since they renovated their old house they lost the aquired right of having a kitchen window facing my backyard and the window has been removed and there is now a fence between our propreties.

I feel more at home and am no longer thinking of moving.

Easy7

Veteran
That's darn rough having cops investigating something unrelated to a grow. That's the bad thing about houses in town. If someone see's someone break in, guess what? Looks real bad when the cops come for a break in and there is a grow. They need no warrant or pc for that.

Places totally isolated from neighbors is the best. Also hard to come by easily or cheaply.

The issue with neighbors that also comes up are jobs. Some old folks that watch out and keep nosing around are going to need some info. Old folks have nothing but health and death on their mind. So they like to be distracted with other peoples biz and ask for young guys to do stuff for them.

Also mailmen. Basically a chill fed driving around and putting illegal seeds in your boxes. But most of all it's being overly paranoid that causes issues.

Latest posts

Latest posts