What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who uses a vaporizer...

Egzoset

Salutations Loc Dog,

...tastes like crap compared to vape, but wicked high. ... Doing a few bongs made my lungs weeze in morning, which I have not had since switching to vape.

Anyone else have the same experience?? It seems vape is much tastier and healthier, but bong gives super (too) high.

Smoking water accessories do not filter out all toxic fumes resulting from combustion + secondary reactions, which implies the smoker gets a significant "CHEAT" effect -or- intoxication boost... To each his own, i'm no prohibitionist, although right now in Québec the post-légaleezation cannabis smokers are specific targets, a bonus of such cheat effect while health-wise alternatives exist that wouldn't threaten to expose any organism living behind a neighbour's wall, floor, ceiling or window, etc.

IMO such boost obscures the path to more satisfying consumption methods and profiles, made compatible with city life thanks to improvements in "Micro-Dosing", for example. In other words, smelly consumers will be extinct even before the WHO wishes, presumably!

In any case i've quit the path of an ellusive unresolved obcession revolving around the ultimate toke, not to mention that of the buzz. My customized VaporGenie pipe actually covers an application range covering from mithridatism to comatose-grade hit requiring a chair, i was lucky to manage fine-tuning a combination of configuration & ritual until it matched my modest preferences: aroma/taste appreciation in KISS fashion, doing more with less...

And it works as already demonstrated in my butane-based "Plan-B" implementation. Hence i'm hoping for the best when accessing some IH-driven "Plan-A" version where the Curie effect combined to specific heat capacity and mass will determine the temporary storage capacity of an Hybrid Core. Etc., etc.

"Plan-A" Premium would involve distilled water as "Potentiator" for the "Release/Transport Agent" - which typically happens to be Hot Dry Air alone in popular ready-made solutions as the Volcano and its suite.

As for the e-Liquids of e-Cigs those adoped some "juice" which i'd expect to rate in between smoke and "PLan-A" in terms of "Potentiation". E.G. Hot Dry Air specific heat capacity is unity while steam ranges around twice that. The dryer agent hence carries somewhat less energy as a previsible consequence.

The "Potentialization" edge can prove most beneficial in "Micro-Dosing" applications by reducing the "ATTACK"/"DELAY" periods exposing to a "Baking" effect between inhalations. In addition i'm not even convinced the psychoactive effect really justifies chronic self-poisoning by toxic combustion fumes which the neighbourhood can detect easily.

In "Micro-Dosing" the same gram gets divided into many more sub-units than what's usually made possible by smoking a cigarette/"joint". The later can weight around 250 ~ 300 g and i rarely seen anyone interrupt its fire more than once or two, though passing it around is a proper way to avoid wasting noble molecules. Another being NOT TO SMOKE in the 1st place since half of them is turned into vulgar charcoal only to feed a fire for the purpose of vaporizing the rest. E. G. yet another Self-VILIFICATION factor i prefer to avoid these days, now that i've acquired some more complete background...

The pipe is forgiving, i don't need to recenter my whole universe around some fascinating paraphernalia. It can be left where it is without a second thought: it's temporarily-stored "Energy Charge" gets depleted in a matter of seconds when a disturbance occurs anyway.

So, to the "Cheat" effect i chose to oppose the "Non-Vilification" effect. Ideally where only tiny contact-surface trichome glands (e.g. floating in a sea of large massive vegetal substate islands...) are involved. No need to get a boost from whatever comes out of not-so-noble vegetal tissue thermalizing to some defined temperature, honestly.

Top top it all i don't like spending too much on 300 mg crucibles that end up tasting bad so fast, because of long/steady thermostatic baking exactly. My challenge instead is to get 2 ~ 3 fairly good tokes with aroma/taste i can feel, then 2 ~ 3 more trying to valorize the rest. After that my ~125 mg bowl requires a refill.

Now imagine trying to consume 1 g/day at a pace of 20 ~ 30 mg per toke using such moddified vaporist pipe... Lets admit this is part of its invisible aspects: it promotes self-awareness while multiplying opportunities to detect when a desired consumption threshold is reached, instead of hitting the "T-Break" wall all too often once it's too late, year after year; pursuing an obcessive goal which may never take place because of how our brain's pregnenolone interacts with THC level, etc., etc. In other words i changed an economically expensive situation into a satisfying, affordable and health-wise scenario (tolerance included) and i got great hopes for the future.

A few weeks ago i revisited bags and straw modes using my HA v2.1 as illustrated below:

picture.php

Ballons were a no-go, straw mode proved equally wasteful. After nearly 8 years as vaporist my path has never seemed so clear!

picture.php

Currently working on a full-metal top promising to fix the last minor issues (wood-burning, twin-flame torches):

picture.php

At least that's quite a lot more inclusive than the original VGs in terms of lung olympics (and neighbours would never risk to know if it weren't for the clicks!)... As for the buzz you'll learn the meaning of "hit" when having "tunel vision" eventually followed by global overwhelming of your senses - hence an imperative requirement to sit 1st, with the company of trusty people ideally.

YMMV. :good:

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Last edited:

RockBlue

Egzoset

Very cool. I have seen your posts on FC. I have used a VaporGenie and they are underrated vapes that have been around a long time.

But are you saying that Loc Dog's high was caused by combustion fumes? This seems to be a common argument that has caught on among vaporizer users, that the user is getting more of an effect from fumes than from cannabinoids.

I dont really see how experienced cannabis users can confuse the effects of cannabis for the effects of combustion fumes. Here is a link to an article that says extraction is highest around 230C on a Volcano vape. I have also vaped exclusively for some time, and then ended up smoking with friends and got really baked off a few hits. Currently I vape with a da Buddah some times and smoke other times, can't make up my mind on which I like better or which gets me higher right now.

https://www.leafscience.com/2016/05/18/vaporizing-marijuana-temperature-best/

Egzoset

Salutations RockBlue,

Very cool.

Thanks!
cool.gif
Yet i'm afraid it ain't got cool enough or i wouldn't even feel like i still need to stick around just to make sure the ideas get a chance of their own. M'well at least Egzoset tried hard to share the fun with whatever i could offer using photons and electrons...

I have seen your posts...

Then a lot can be skipped i presume! Which is relief to myself as a hobbyist who can't pretend to release consumer-grade info-graphics, no matter it's to the attention of DiY enthousiast VG pipe owners or else anyway.

smile.gif

I have used a VaporGenie and they are underrated vapes that have been around a long time.

Absolutely, the thing is VaporGenie's genuine implementation leaves enormous unexplored (patented but forgotten!...) potential which would open the gates for the masses IMO.

groupwave.gif

It failed to work for me "as sold" and i'm not the 1st nor the last case. The cool thing about my story is that i did everything in my power to contribute with validated improvement suggestions, the rest ain't mine to decide. My certainty is that nobody would consider a Volcano seriously anymore should VG finally release some IH-driven Bi-Energy prototype(s), which would help to perceive differences, some basic others sufficiently subtle to feel challenging.

Having such faith compares to having no need to see earth from the moon only to realize it's spherical instead of flat. No doubt a most desirable "niche" awaits for the next move of VaporGenie's guys. My hope is that we can see it in our lifetimes...

...are you saying that Loc Dog's high was caused by combustion fumes?

That would vaguely reflect my own interpretation after reading this excerpt of his previous statement:

I have had an Arizer ExtremeQ for a few years now (actually second one), and I did 2 bong hits about a month ago and got extremely high from 2 hits. It tastes like crap compared to vape, but wicked high.

Now that you bring this to my attention i find i could have asked to clarify if the "bong hits" were related to his vaporizer or not. Somehow i simply assumed they were not, that those were smoker bongs.

This seems to be a common argument that has caught on among vaporizer users, that the user is getting more of an effect from fumes than from cannabinoids.

Personally i wouldn't be that selective considering there may be a synergy "entourage" effect at play. As a fully-converted vaporist i think even when vaporizing there are numerous compounds i'd still rather avoid if given the option, but i also accept that the bonus effect(s) may apply to the lesser stuff as well, including from combustion smoke to some of us.

At least until the person choses to move to cleaner horizons, which i have because i also wish to fight vilification.

I dont really see how experienced cannabis users can confuse the effects of cannabis for the effects of combustion fumes.

That seems impossible, it appears confusion results from each individual's variable blending recipe i guess. Which would transpire in their respective rituals. In any case don't count on me over self-poisoning with toxic fumes ever again!!

...a link to an article that says extraction is highest around 230C on a Volcano vape.

Yes, "Vaporizing 101: What Temperature Is Best?". Thanks reminding me of a feature which still inspired me long after acquiring my old HerbalAire (v2.1), e.g. until i made a radical transition to my present "time-compressed" consumption mode that renders all temperature slopes nearly vertical, (within the range of applications) so to speak - in total absence of thermalization, ideally...

Forget stationary scenarios, my LAVA heat waves shake off whatever is available on contact-surfaces that's tiny/light, ready to leave the bowl 1st. That's how i figured aroma/taste appreciation could be boosted while causing less hot spotting (read "baking").

...can't make up my mind on which I like better or which gets me higher right now.

As i recall nasty things started to occur @ 204 °C, you may want to use this as a reference point trying to decide to ride the near-combustion threshold or not. As for seeking the ultimate buzz it's like an attempt to pass the sound barrier that fails worse and worse until a logical conclusion is imposed: "T-Break" time, you ain't flying anymore!

For a true buzz try LSD instead.
2cents.gif
But search for a time machine 1st...

Good day, have fun!!
tiphat.gif

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Thanks for the info Egzoset.

I will play with temps. Taste is best, for more hits at 200C.

Would like to get single hit adapter for Arizer, but pricey.

Any suggestions for Oil or Rosin? They seem to heat the living crap out of it.

Egzoset

Hi again Loc Dog,

...temps. ... ...Arizer... Oil or Rosin?

My quest about "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation" aims for a significantly incompatible direction i'm afraid, hence there's not much more comment i can add in these matters.

;)

The consumption mode i'm currently accessing via a customized VG pipe leaves no place for slow thermal processes: it's all in its emerging transitional properties, which require a similar prototyping platform to acquire 1st-hand experience. In principle there should be no cloud but real-life application persistently confirmed vaporisation nonetheless; even beyond actually. Briefly put observation hardly compares with "Hot Dry Air Ovenizer" scenarios. My interpretation calls for broad-spectrum instant "Release" occuring in absence of thermalisation, whatever comes 1st gets swiftly "Transported" away from a bowl's heat. Hot Dry Air can do that based on a specific heat capacity of 1, or slightly more if self-moisturized with Inlet Water which is carrying energy (in a VG pipe) instead of depleting it before its work is done. Considering the minuscule bowl weight i find such Aroma/taste appreciation must be 1 more hint the release temperatures vary at random before thermalization is allowed. Followed by a drop of energy in the Hybrid Core, etc.: it's a "1-Hitter" style of ritual, with pauses between inhalations possibly as long as it may seem convenient (e.g. minutes, hours, days)...

No baking occurs inbetween inhalations which threatens to expose noble molecules to heat for long periods of time and without much practical purpose. IMO if temperature in a bowl rises to high, say above 120 ~ 130 °C, then rest assured delicate fragrances already suffered badly (i'd actually want to try 70...), which is why i'd reserve these moments for a "Pre-Heating" phase only, to find a proper trade-off between pre-heating vs vaporization/inhalation.

Think of it as of "Flash"/"Splash" vaporization if you will, or some reminder of a thermal slingshot, or catapult... It's like using infinite heat within the range of application, which means there's plenty enough to compensate heat-pulse shortness with energy amplitude. Somehow i figure temperature ain't homogeneous locally, much less at trichome scale. So the contact-surface apparently goes volatile across a broad temperature range i would say, sorry having no better description to dissipate doubts. In any case take care of your VG pipes!

Of course it's still great if genuine ones work "as is" for you. And since it was mentioned now here's what i foresee for concentrate consumers of a potential future:

Envision a polyimide substrate where microscopic head tops are dynamically composed "on-site", similarily to inkjet printers or so...

:thinking:

We can expect precision on-demand real-time THC-CBD profiles and more! Too bad on Canuck land we already got to deal with up to 22 pesticides and soon GMOs - which i'd rather not want concentrated actually, even less if served on synthetic material!! Hence my preference for natural "bio" Dry Flowers instead, if i can help it... Yet there's a price i'm not willing to pay. YMMV.

This explains that. Sorry but that's crossing the boundary of my limitations as a single individual!

:tumbleweed:

But i'm an incorrigible dreamer.

Last edited:
i own both magic flights ( plus adapter ) and the mighty .
i tend to use them when im sick , or when im going to amsterdam ,
or when i need to test my new crop lolz

but generally they only get touched bout once every two months lolz

Jon 55

ICMag Donor
I'll never go back to pipes, bongs, joints, blunts ever again because my lungs were starting to hurt bad. I will only use my vaporizer from now on. I even decided to take a 3 month smoke break (atm). I'm on the 2ed month of my smoke break.
I was only smoking 3 bowls a day for 15-20 years or so.
I even eat very healthy and exercise all the time.

I really like the high I get from the vaporizer. I'll agree that the taste of the herb could be better but the strong high I get makes up for it. plus my herb last longer. :) I use a volcano vaporizer that a cousin gave me for FREE because she didn't like it.

I agree the taste suffers a little bit but you can't get a stronger high as from a Volcano Vaporizer. Storz-Bickel make the finest products,all the way from the portables to the table top models.

Jon :tumbleweed::tumbleweed:

Jon 55

ICMag Donor
I'm about a month into using a vape 90% of the time (after 45 years of burning)..I loved the first week, but recently I've been having a few more pipes and joints, these taste like a burnt ashtray and I'm really aware of the stinky smell that lingers around the neighborhood on non-windy days, but the high is instant, "heavier" and I've finished it seconds or minutes, but with a vape, I need 10+ minutes to inhale the vapor from the same amount of bud, it tastes 1000 times better, there's almost zero smell. I never cough and the high is mostly heady. I vape my material until it is dark and toasty..but the time it takes to warm up, clean the glass piece, charge the vape, take out the herb and stir it or turn it upside down and the time it takes to cash the bud is a major PIA. What the world needs is a herb vape that is portable, has a really long battery life, no stirring required, vape 100% of the resin in seconds not 10 minutes, gives full thick vapor on every puff and the high is better than combustion...vapes have come a long way in the past ten years and I expect the next five or ten years to have vaporizers that will make the latest Arizer out now seem about as good as an old Vapor Brothers box vape is today. I can't wait for the future!

Do Yourself a big favor and use a Volcano Vare.

Jon :dance013::dance013:

Egzoset

Salutations,

Sorry guys, i couldn't hold my breath any longer... Nor resist the temptation! But lets begin from the ground up - shall we?

Here's the mission's primary target:

picture.php

And here's one situation when i think "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers" got an edge:

picture.php

Trudeau's "tumbled" mari-caca!!
It's because those later devices currently flooding the market simply manage cannabic bowls as a global whole via slow thermalization, instead of exploring features made possible by intrinsic transitional properties which would emerge in a suitable "Micro-Bursting" (pulsed) consumption mode (e.g. where tiny items as trichomes float in a sea of larger vegetal substrate blocs).

Briefly put the Volcano/Arizer approach is based on anti-differentiation, or just some fancy type of "baking" so to speak, while it's equally possible to develop a concept which targets cannabic contact-surfaces by matching a "Heat Charge" to its associated WorkLoad instead:

[ oi65.tinypic.com/m9amg9.jpg ]
Click for graphic animation...

Assuming that "function determines shape" then the following strategy seems somewhat incompatible with a "Shortest Path of Least Transformation" IMO:

picture.php

Bag path not fully illustrated!...

I'm hoping we all realize by now that this is designed to perform thermostatic undifferentiated extraction, which implies the vapor output ain't representative of "trich" glands alone. So, depending on the mission such strategy may still prove appropriate if the goal was to generate opaque clouds despite a relative absence of trichomes in "Tumbled Weed", for example - which i personally view as a "CHEAT" scenario...

Too bad both the Volcano and Arizer designs can't accomodate/tolerate Inlet Water options in order to render those product lines more "inclusive" (to the attention of persons like me who'd argue that portable "Self-Moisturization" + "Potentialization" of the "Release/Transport Agent" is much more appropriate) - though lets admit my perspective ain't flirting with that of the business side anyway.

Last edited:
Hello, im a vapor-enthusiast. ive several vapes and experienced a lot.
My preference is the mighty and a dynavap for herbs and a puffco plus for concentrates beside my dab rig

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Without being specific I would like to thank the mods for freeing readers from bombardment by those long-winded dissertations whose actual intended meaning will probably remain a mystery, as it should.

Drewsif

Without being specific I would like to thank the mods for freeing readers from bombardment by those long-winded dissertations whose actual intended meaning will probably remain a mystery, as it should.

Some people like to overthink shit to prove one product is better than the other. The heat source literally does not matter. What matters in vapes is how the hot air from the heat source is pulled through the herb. Poorly in most cases (down the center, not evenly). Its like drying clothes in prison, you don't wad a towel up and set it in front of the air vent, you gotta pull the air though it, evenly.

Latest posts

Latest posts