What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1/2 HP Water Chiller

Funkyskunk

so, you are the one that outbid me on that RO/DI unit, damn. LOL

i would say that is a decent chiller to go with. even comes with a digital controller!

i am still trying to get a good deal on that RO/DI unit. wont pay over $50, so i'm gonna have to snipe that shit up.

late

Fs

Ghost

chiller...

chiller...

I'm currently building my own chiller. The one you show is $800 for 6,000 BTU, .5hp. The one I am building will be almost 18,000 BTU, 1.5hp and it should cost me less than $300 total. When it's done I will post it here, in this forum.

regards,

Ghost

Ganistanman

I have a smaller Pacific Coast (CL-280) Chiller. I love it! It's very quiet and handles 40 gallons of nute solution pretty easily, always keeping it at the set temperature. I keep it between 68-72, this way its not going constantly. Without it, I would be looking at 80+ temps and 85+ by summer. Also, 1000 watt HPS in room, (3) 300 gph submersible water pumps in the reservoir. All in all, a great buy for $ 299.99 at Premium Aquatics, I think. It was the last of the 2003 models and they needed room for the new ones. Regularly, the PC (CL-280) is $ 350-450, depending where you purchase it. The salesman reccomended this over the rest. Of course, there are top of the line models from several companies that exceed $700 for close to the same chiller. There are better chillers on the market, if you want to pay much more. I am happy with my Pacific Coast and they are great with any problems, or at least that is why they were reccomended, in the end. One last thing, I would not advise using a thermo -electric models as they really aren't that powerful when there are lights in the room, unless your talking about a very small reservoir (5-10 gallons). Anyway, Good luck!

Nitrous & Ganistaman...

Looks like those both are using Peltier element -technology for cooling....

Nitrous,
the micro you're using... it takes some space around the unit itself to handle the heat it produces... well.... this is a common thing in any way of cooling... but I'm interested if this kinda unit could be used in a closet... as I'm still kickin my closet... :rolleyes:

FunkySkunk,
well... I wish ya luck... the components one should use... are always expensive...

The cheapest way to build a cooler would probably be to take old second hand fridge... and pull everything you need from it...

I haven't solved my cooling method yet either... mostly because It'd fit in a very small place... like my closet...

Last edited:
Here she is. . .

works BITCHEN. . ..

WITH a DIGITAL control - it tells me the CURRENT temp of the water and the GOAL temp.

It is plumbed with 3/4" pipe through the wall of my growroom so that it does not add heat to the room itself.

COOL - literally!

1026Chill.jpg

~ SYK ~

Latest posts

Latest posts