What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Net Pot Size

G

Hello,

If a person wants to grow out a mother in soil, take clippings (root them in rapid rooters), and then put them into a rubbermaid style hydroponic system to flower. What size of net pots should a person use? 3 inch?

The clippings would be vegged until they are at least 12 inches tall and then flowered. Using a mostly indica strain.

Thanks for any help.

Peace

twistone

Hi Student,
3-6 inch net pots are the norm. You need to consider the grow style also; (sog, scrog, bush, tie-down) because of plant stability. I would'nt use a 3 inch pot for sog or bush because the plant does'nt have a very big base to support it. Hope that helps?

twistone

G

I have never used the 3" I use the 5 and 8 but the one I like have a step near the top. This allows the step to sit on the top of the main container.

Skag

G

Cool.

I will order some 5" net post.

What web sitedo you order from? I need them to come in a discreet package.

Thanks.

BigPapa

I am using 3" net pots myself.Seem to be having no trouble yet.This IS my 1st hydro grow,so I'm no authority.I have 2-15 gal tubs with 6 3" pots each.My plants range from 14"-24",nice and bushy clones from my 1st bagseed grow.When they get into flowering I'll know if 3" pots were enough,but I was told they would be fine.Time will tell.Good luck whatever you decide.BigPapa

The Node

I found some 4.5" pots at a local store that I hadn't seen before. They were smaller than anything I've used before but saw absolutely no difference in results. The picture i attached is a day 63 White Himilayan Haze grown in the 4.5" pots. Yield: 206 grams. The benefit of a small pot is that if you use hydro rock you have a lot less of a mess to clean up at harvest time.

Image: http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/537hh6.jpg

Ono Nadagin

I would go with 6inch as 3 inch will let a top heavy vegged out mother loaded with future clones or a plant full of buds will topple far easier with out the broader base for support