What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with JB dry sift tech

BroderTuck

Scrolling thru their gram I've seen them posting "kief from trim bin - first step of removal on a 40 lpi metal screen, then clean on the 230 lpi screen using the paint roller tech".

Could some break this down a little to a novice maker? Feels really convenient using only two screens. And the end results looks absolutely fire.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Go to Youtube. I forget the name of the guy who started using the paint roller but it's all there.

Last edited:

BroderTuck

I'm familiar with the static tech, more interested in what happens on the various screens. Carding on the 40 lpi then static tech on the 230?

LouDog420

jb is jungle boys, I believe. from pics, it looks like the paint roller just serves as a larger area for static collection (compared to dvd case/parchment).

Interested in more info, if anyone has it.

mack 10

Veteran
Yeah was trying to work out who jb was?
Thouht John befelo?
Jungle boys makes sense.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm familiar with the static tech, more interested in what happens on the various screens. Carding on the 40 lpi then static tech on the 230?

Is trim bin kief from a dry trim tray or just refering to a bin of trim?

Trim trays are 200u (roughly 40lpi) making the additional clean redudant, unless it is to break up chunks, so I would assume the latter.

Agitate material on the 40, collect and card or brush along the 230 followed by static to separate heads from stalk/other contaminate.

BroderTuck

Is trim bin kief from a dry trim tray or just refering to a bin of trim?

Trim trays are 200u (roughly 40lpi) making the additional clean redudant, unless it is to break up chunks, so I would assume the latter.

Agitate material on the 40, collect and card or brush along the 230 followed by static to separate heads from stalk/other contaminate.

Isn't 40 lpi around 420u? My trim bin screen is 150u. So you're saying collect the kief from trim bin and start work it on the 230 lpi right away? No earlier refinement necessary?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah yes you are correct. I would only use the 40 or smaller if the material has clumped together.

With a 150u trimbin I wouldn't refine further on the top end. The material is mostly 0-130u. The 230 will remove most of the small high wax/low cannabinoid heads.

BroderTuck

Ah yes you are correct. I would only use the 40 or smaller if the material has clumped together.

With a 150u trimbin I wouldn't refine further on the top end. The material is mostly 0-130u. The 230 will remove most of the small high wax/low cannabinoid heads.

Thanks brother, will start there and experiment my way forward :tiphat: