What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BCBLONDES LED COB lights any opinions?

try a DIY before you buy. I wish i had. I built two nice fixtures for a 2x2 tent. One veg and one bloom. Cost about $500/each. Works better than most store bought, and provide 200w of wall power, not 200 advertised watts. The fixture could produce 600w advertised, but I drive it to 200w nice for a tent your size. check out realstyles diy thread and build half of that, 4-CXB3590 36v, 3500K, 80cri, 1 meanwell -HLG-185H-C1400B led driver, chip-lok holders, ledil adaptors and reflectors, 2-18"x5.88 heatsinks from heatsinksusa, two 1400mm pc fans with a meanwell 12/12 1W driver, and you have a easy better fixture than you could ever hope to buy. You can add Deep Red, Far Red,and InfraRed to your fixture for anorther $100. peace.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unfortunately, a lot of companies using cheap chinese case work lie about everything, including whether they are actually using Cree CoBs. The driver and heat sink quality are equally important, and why most cheap panels fail

If you want to DIY, I highly recommend Growmau5s complete kit being sold through Cutter.
He has excellent YT tutorials

It's easy to assemble, and far more advanced than RSs
).

If you want a quality hi-intensity CoB based light with an excellent warranty, I recommend Amare Technologies SE 250 (covers 3 x 3), or his bar panel P300, which will cover 2 x 4. I will be using one in my Hail Hydro thread, though I will start a new one as I am also using a new to me bloom formula- Emerald Harvest Cali Bloom 2 part

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I was looking at BCBlondes lights before I bought a Johnson CX-9. I'm sure its a great light. Its a driver, wires, led, and some cooling system. Not very complicated. That is why so many people do DIY lights at home. The Johnson light is great. So is my Optic 250w light using the Vero 29 cobs. And so is my Area 51 XGS-190. There are a lot of options and they all do a good job.

-Funk

pureice739

Recieved 2 1500 dollar lights with dents on the side of each one from damage during shipping. I cantacted them about this issue and recieved no reply. The lights work but they dont look so good =( oh well the insides are good quality tho cxb3590's 1100watt each light

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Recieved 2 1500 dollar lights with dents on the side of each one from damage during shipping. I cantacted them about this issue and recieved no reply. The lights work but they dont look so good =( oh well the insides are good quality tho cxb3590's 1100watt each light
@ $1500 a pop. That is totally unsat!!

Latest posts

Latest posts