What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

lowering humidity

Dehumidifiers and humidifiers hooked up to a controller that has a meter that reads the humidity of the room. Quest is a really good company but kind of expensive.

Otherwise a ac inside the flower room can act like a dehumidifier then you just use a humidifier to get to your desired humidity

soil margin

Veteran
AC is usually my favorite way to handle it because in small grows it deals with heat and humidity at the same time. If the AC can't handle the humidity, a quality dehumidifier will. If those options are too expensive, getting more powerful fans to increase the rate of air exchange is probably the best alternative.

Parallax

A really cheap and easy way to lower humidity for microgrows is just throwing some small food desiccant sachets in the container, or just anywhere near the soil. It has worked really well for me. The humidity rarely stays above 60 for more than 24 hours after watering.

Athos

The problem with dehumidifiers is space. This are kind of big for microgrows. The dissecant sachets is an idea that seems plausible.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The problem with dehumidifiers is space. This are kind of big for microgrows. The dissecant sachets is an idea that seems plausible.

If in a micro grow, you’ll probably have the best luck controlling the room that the grow is in rather than the grow itself.

Athos

Ya well, I have a couple of reasons for not going that way.

First and foremost, more air movement means a bigger fan and that will be noisier, mine is a stealth grow and no noise is a must.

Second, the air here is pretty humid, so I would rather have a solution that ensures the air is dry inside the box, giving me the tranquility that I won't have bud rot.

Last, but not least, I'm kind of a perfectionist regarding the ambient inside the grow box (humidity, temperature, night temperature drop and air exchange) all this has allowed me to have fast developing plants with very tight node spacing. So I would rather keep the air exchange in it's current rate.

jonhova

Oh wow you have RH thats very high. I live in the desert climate so i never worry a minute about high RH.

Maybe thry make micro dehumidifiers you can stick inside your grow area?