What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yes or no on this hempy bucket setup ?

Riviera123

Opaque or not opaque is the question. Its been drilled into my head that a Hydro resivor has to be opaque . but a hempy bucket has a resivor built in and it can be clear ?

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Opaque or not opaque is the question. Its been drilled into my head that a Hydro resivor has to be opaque . but a hempy bucket has a resivor built in and it can be clear ?

...at the end of the day a plant only spends at most 4 months in any pot, from rooted clone to harvest, so while i recommed avoiding algae, it doesn't make a significant difference.

peace, bozo

...as an aside i switched from hempys to fabric pots about a year ago and i'm glad i did.

Riviera123

Cant clone Shit! Check out my diy Cabinet . What do u think

Cant clone Shit! Check out my diy Cabinet . What do u think

Well I actually could clone shit if i ate the same stuff perhaps. I’m not sure about the whole clone process
I have been trying to clone these strains
Gorilla Bomb
Gorilla Glue
Cheese
Berry Bomb
I keep trying to figure this thing out .
Using a dome with heat mat and i even put a cup in there with air stone tried cloned, dip n grow i have tried rock wool , coco in solo cups .
I dont want to spend more money on gadgets like clone machines
Is the problem the strains mainly indica
I am starting to wonder if my whole plan will come together .
I was thinking of doing 2 liter sog in small cabinet.
So i have chopped up mothers and lack of patience
Is Cloning really worth the trouble it’s been a pain in the ass for me so far. Maybe just grow single plant one at a time from seed.
My cabinet is one of those black and yellow 27 gallon totes from Home Depot . Six of them stacked , top one has 4 inch carbon filter and fan ,
Sort of like a SUper size space bucket . I have a migro 100 cob led light 250 w hps equivalent .

Riviera123

Home Made Grow cabinet 27 gallon totes

Home Made Grow cabinet 27 gallon totes

I call it the black Widow
Light is migro 100 led cob
27 gallon totes stacked
Passive Intakes on bottom
Piece of plywood with wheels on bottom
So the measurements are
75 inches tall
Its only 13 inches by 21 inches
At bottom of each tote but they taper out
The door sucks leaks light so i put a black skirt around the whole thing
Inside is lined with a white plastic cardboard material
Please give me your input
15 2 liter bottles will fit in the bottom i was thinking of doing a sog with coco hempys.
The good thing is the water stays in bottom like a built in drain tray .
Go ahead give me your two cents . I know i could of just bought a 2x2 tent but i like to tinker around.

Attachments

• B88ACFEC-A555-4FD3-9655-29965CB04098.jpg
    B88ACFEC-A555-4FD3-9655-29965CB04098.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 843E9FCC-DF99-4D5B-B85A-5AA22DB7A1D6.jpg
    843E9FCC-DF99-4D5B-B85A-5AA22DB7A1D6.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 872973B1-F36D-47B2-A3B2-147A17BADA2C.jpg
    872973B1-F36D-47B2-A3B2-147A17BADA2C.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 155B52D9-EA9A-4FF0-AE4B-552FE55AFF6D.jpg
    155B52D9-EA9A-4FF0-AE4B-552FE55AFF6D.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 21

Riviera123

Plastic tote grow box

Plastic tote grow box

Here is a better pic i hope The two 27 gallon totes where door is are flipped big side to big side. Totes are bigger at the top then bottom . Lots of gorilla tape and time and money my best advice is buy a tent.

Attachments

• A68D28B4-BD3C-484B-ACB7-42784A9CE594.jpg
    A68D28B4-BD3C-484B-ACB7-42784A9CE594.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 23

Riviera123

I guess the good part is its stable and u can mount stuff to a cabinet wher as a tent u have to figure out other options . Also leak proof built in drip pan. I am thinking of changing door so it goes all the way to bottom tote. As the way it is now you ar always tending plant down in a hole .Maybe one solid wood door .

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...yeah, cloning is both an essential skill and an easy one to aquire.

...i personally use a passive, wick style of cloning that is very simple and cheap to run while at the same time it is a very reliable method usually giving a better than 90% success rate, it's just not as fast as some other methods taking about 2 weeks.

...here are a few cuts of Dream Beaver that were shipped to me in winter that arrived mostly frozen, these few were what was left after emergency surgery to amputate all the dead matter.

picture.php

...and here they are 2 weeks later, note that only 2 survived and rooted which was actually damned good considering how close to dead they were.

picture.php

...and then about a month after that, note the jar of cuts down in front in the middle.

picture.php

...anyway, do a member search for 'FreezerBoy', he put together an excellent thread compiling links to some of the best threads detailing several different cloning techs that is a good place to start for help.

...let me know if you have trouble finding it and i'll link you to it and my own preferred method, which btw is known as the Walmart ice-tube-tray method although finding those trays is very difficult these days, now i use popsicle molds as cloners, easy to find, cheap as hell and they work like a charm!

...here's a shot of an ice-tube-tray (it's actually only a third of one of those trays, the full trays have 27 cells so i cut mine down into 3 equal pieces) with some cuts in it.

picture.php

...and here is a shot of one of my popsicle mold cloners, each of which holds 8 cuts, just before recieving cuts.

picture.php

good luck, bozo

...and don't give up man, you only fail if you give up, keep getting on the bike until you learn to ride, it just ain't that hard.

Riviera123

Wow thanks for the info. So is that vermiculite in your popsicle thing dingy , is it put under a dome and it looks like a heat mat. But yes i got some reading tonight ty for words of kindness ,wisdom and encouragement

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Wow thanks for the info. So is that vermiculite in your popsicle thing dingy , is it put under a dome and it looks like a heat mat. But yes i got some reading tonight ty for words of kindness ,wisdom and encouragement

...you're welcome man and yes, that is a heat mat under the Walmart cloner because my cloning cab was full so this particular cloner had to sit outside the cab and therefore it needed a heat source, the cloners in my clonbox are heated passively from the lights mounted below the shelf.(cuttings are rooted with reflected light only and note that i do NOT use humidity domes to clone)

picture.php

...anyway, here is a link to one of my threads over on Jorge's forum where i talk about my lazy approach to this hobby and where i provide links to some excellent threads where i learned my chops.

...it appears Gypsy doesn't allow sharing information from other forums so do a google for 'Jorge Cervantes forum' which is called marijuanagrowing-dot-com, once you get there search for my username and i'll link you to the thread.

...btw, over there i am known as SomeOldGuy, or SOG for short.

...i would say too that so far as an information source, ICMag is the best place to be, it's just not the ONLY place you can be.

peace, bozo

Riviera123

New wicking type cloner Wally World Style almost

New wicking type cloner Wally World Style almost

OK thanks to you Bozo i think I’m on the right track .
This Tupperware container sits on heating mat and i have fresh clones in there.
No popsicle trays so i used old pill bottles and i did bleach them all.
Then i drilled a hole about size of pencil on cap . Used a nice razor knife
And trimmed the bottom off the bottles . Then i put a few pieces of Gro-Stones in bottom where cap is then filled them with fine grain vermiculite. It takes a bit for them to wick up and you do have to add a little more as the vermiculite settles as it moistens. Now the water - i used RO water mixed with a little Aloe Vera icky sticky stuff in fresh Aloe. I left that water in for first 24 hours then put fresh H20 in . Currently keeping it filled to top of cap in resivor. About 3/4 inch is water line. 12 Clones taken on 3/28 . Plants not wilting , no Dam dome to deal with so i like that part already. Smaller footprint of course with the
Clever water bottle ice cube trays .

Riviera123

Pill bottle cloner

Pill bottle cloner

Now the outcome I’m hoping to leave them in the pill bottles for a while and using 1/4 strength nutes maybe when I see new growth. After all the hassles with cloning i dont want to touch these babies.

Attachments

• 776AEB71-8A07-4E3A-95EB-110567EAA1FA.jpg
    776AEB71-8A07-4E3A-95EB-110567EAA1FA.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 23

Riviera123

Indirect Light on Clones

Indirect Light on Clones

I chose indirect light just 1 small cfl for light off to the side. From what i have read clones dont need a lot of light in the beginning which seems to be the popular opinion of many :thank you:

I chose indirect light just 1 small cfl for light off to the side. From what i have read clones dont need a lot of light in the beginning which seems to be the popular opinion of many :thank you:

I've always hung around 2-3 23w cfls about 3ft above my cloning trays with pretty good results. Using a pill bottle is definitely a interesting improvisation haha. I usually use small Styrofoam cups and straight perlite. The perlite seems to stay at a constant even moisture level that prevents rot and I punch a lil hole a inch up for drainage. No dome and I keep a small fan blowing nearby but not directly at them. Then once they've rooted out just gently pinch the bottom of the cup off and you can transplant to pretty much any medium/setup without any transplant shock at all. Clones in my experience dont need much nutes at all i just add a tiny amount so its not straight ro water like around 150ppm. Make sure whatever you use that's it's very low on N or rooting can be slowed down. Good luck hope you're babies all root out for you:tiphat: