What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

gti 205 grow tank

terrier

hi guys just lost a good mate and been left a lot of stuff. have any of you used a gti 205 grow tank. ive read they good for one to three plants. what would you guys grow in it one or three. how long would you veg for. its my first time trying hydro but im going to give it a go. ive always grown in pots. what you recon guys. in seven and a half litre pots i was getting about an oz a plant. but i do ten under one 600w two tanks guys or ten pots what you recon but im new to hydro any advice please

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Never tried it, but from what I can read it only got a 20 L res.

You should be able to run 4 plants on it, but it's likely you will need to change the nutrient mix quite often.

terrier

thanks very much for the reply palindrome you the only one with the decencey to reply. i thought every one on here was suppose to help each other with advice. but thank you

hi guys just lost a good mate and been left a lot of stuff. have any of you used a gti 205 grow tank. ive read they good for one to three plants. what would you guys grow in it one or three. how long would you veg for. its my first time trying hydro but im going to give it a go. ive always grown in pots. what you recon guys. in seven and a half litre pots i was getting about an oz a plant. but i do ten under one 600w two tanks guys or ten pots what you recon but im new to hydro any advice please

Stick 3 plants in it, veg for 3-4 weeks, and you’ll be amazed..

Get yourself a ph & ec pen..
Keep ph at 5.8 - 6.2
And your ec at 1.2 - 1.6

Canna aqua for your nutrients is a 10/10

If you need any further info, give us a shout..

Once you succeed with nft you won’t look back!!

terrier

thanks very much skunkpassion that advice is very helpful to me. what would you rather go with ten seven and a half litre with light mix. or two gti grow tanks

v1ru5

The GT 205 is the worst NFT from Nutriculture due the small reservoir size.

If you can fit two of them, why not get a bigger res model (like 424) ??

terrier

thanks for the reply there v1ru5 I bought two gt 205s about 4 years ago but I stuck with compost. now I fancy giving them a go just for a change. I remember my mate trying one out many years ago in an open room not a tent with just one plant. it grew to nearly six foot and he had nine ozs off it. I cant remember though how long he vegged for. but that was under a 600w light. when I try these if I like what results I'm getting I will upgrade then to a bigger nft like you say the 424. if anyone else on here has tried the gt 205 I be interested to know how many plants you used how long you vegged for and what type of yield you got. many thanks guys terrier

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Hi. Sorry to hear about the loss if your friend.
I'm a 90s nft veteran.
Yield and veg time are strain related. 2 plants will yield 120-170 grams each on average with 2/3 weeks veg on good yielders like AK47,Chronic or Chem lines.
Environment being in range with good 600w light and reflection..

You'll need to start seeds or clones in rockwool cubes and air prune the rockwool blocks for proper root growth.means lots of roots showing out the large 4" blocks.
2 plants is good for the gt205 tank.

You will definitely need:
1) A new PH meter and proper use of it.
2)hydroponic nutrients like Vitalink max hydro!! hard or soft water formulations.
key things are keeping the PH on point that means daily checking correcting with Ph up/down.
Nutrient solution must be at proper temps too for best results.
3) Ec meter to check ppm. feed strength.
4) Air stone x2 and air pump to keep res airated, especially once the roots reach off the tray into the nutrient solution.to stop root rot due to lack of oxygen.
Don't be put off mate it's easy if you follow the guidelines.
its very rewarding seeing the fast growth uptop and root growth.
I started in nft in early 90s and still Love it.

terrier

thanks very much azad that's magic advice. had a ph meter and ec meter plus pumps and air stones off my buddy. got four barneys farm blue cheese in 4 inch cubes under a 300w cfl. I might veg these for a month when they go in the tank. as I'm not sure if they are as good as the strains you mentioned above. great advice guys. terrier

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Good stuff mate. Yes veg em up well till busrting with roots not just at the bottom of the cube but Also check the sides beneath the plastic wrapping to see signs of growth.
Barneys blue cheese has some very nice pheno to be found I'm sure you should find something with the cheese flav.
Look into products like silver bullet for roots and regen a root they work great on Nft..

I'm currently doing a coco run at another place. I will be setting up my room for a NFT run in cpl of months, will show you some pics of my setup and particulars involved then if your about.