What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DONUTS...and why I love them!!!!!!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I remember the donuts at school, the size of a small side plate, 2 inches thick, topped with chocolate, and fried in the same grease as the fish fingers, the chips, the chicken nuggets and the onion rings.

Is Voodoo the place that featured on "Man Vs Food", they serve the bacon donut cheeseburger if I remember correctly, although they did a full donut as the bun, not just the top. Man I want that donut burger.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Doughnuts are just flour and salt with butter milk and eggs... and yeast.

Not really evil ingredients in my opinion.

Somebody said "pie sandwich"....

This is intriguing me.

Tell me more Harry.... :)

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Somebody said "pie sandwich"....

This is intriguing me.

Tell me more Harry.... :)

Self explanatory really, take a small single serving pie, of the type served in Fish and chip shops in the UK (Pukka pies, Sandersons pies), take a soft white bread roll slightly larger than the pie, butter the roll, add condiment if you wish, and tuck in.

My preferred pie is Chicken and Mushroom, but I will substitute it with a Steak (not steak and kidney :puke:) pie if required.
It must be 20 years since I had a pie sandwich. I got the idea when I saw my dads mate at work in the lorry yard doing it. Blew some minds at school i can tell ya.

ZoSo

I was only 12 years old on my trip to Oahu, and out of all the cool shit I did, Leonard's Bakery is near the top of the list.

malasadaslide05-890x398.jpg

I remember several years later I saw them on one of those travel channel shows and I've been wanting to go back ever since. Been back to Maui, but not there yet.

kolah

Doughnuts are just flour and salt with butter milk and eggs... and yeast.

Not really evil ingredients in my opinion.
--------------------------------
Yes, if you make them yourself. Ever read the ingredient label on commercial bread these days?? LOL
Here's the Krispy Kreme-shit recipe. ENJOY!

KRISPY KREME ORIGINAL GLAZED DOUGHNUT

Serving size 1 doughnut (52 grams)

Ingredients: Enriched bleached wheat flour- (contains bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine, mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), dextrose, vegetable shortening (partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil), water, sugar, soy flour, egg yolks, vital wheat gluten, yeast, nonfat milk, yeast nutrients (calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate), dough conditioners (calcium dioxide, monocalcium and dicalcium phosphate, diammonium phosphate, sodium stearoyl-2-lacrylate, whey, starch, ascorbic acid, sodium bicarbonate, calcium carbonate), salt, mono-and-diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, lecithin, calcium propionate (to retain freshness), cellulose gum, natural and artificial flavors, fungal alpha amylase, amylase, maltogenic amylase, pantosenase, protease, sodium caseinate, corn maltodextrin, corn syrup solids and BHT (to help protect flavor).
Glaze also may contain: Calcium carbonate, agar, locust bean gum, disodium phosphate, and sorbitan monostearate.

Enriched bleached wheat flour - white flour. The bran and the germ portion of the whole wheat, rich in vitamins and minerals, are refined out. Bleaching is usually done with chlorine which destroys more of the vitamins and must be added back artificially. To compensate for refining out around 20 nutrients, 4 synthetic nutrients are added, niacin (vitamin B3), reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate (synthetic vitamin B1), and riboflavin (vitamin B2). Can lead to nutritional imbalances,

bleached wheat flour,
Niacin – a B vitamin made from water, air and petroleum,
reduced iron Generally recognised as safe,
thiamine – a B vitamin, made from coal tar,
mononitrate,
riboflavin – a B vitamin commonly made from candida yeasts or other bacteria,
folic acid – vitamin made from petroleum (mostly from china),
dextrose- Carrier, Disintegrating Agent, Dispersing Agent, Formulation Aid, Humectant, Moisture-Retaining Agent, Nutritive Sweetener, Tableting Aid, Texture-Modifying Agent, Texturizer

vegetable shortening (partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil) associated with heart disease, breast and colon cancer, atherosclerosis and elevated cholesterol, and obesity. Trans fat is known to increase the “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and decrease the “good” cholesterol (HDL). It can clog your arteries and cause Type 2 Diabetes, as well as other serious health problems. They disrupt nerve cell intercommunication – associated with ADHD and ADHD like symptoms. May contain undeclared synthetic antioxidants (310-312, 319-321), most likely BHA 320 or TBHQ 319, which affect children’s health, behavior and learning.

water

sugar – mostly from sugar beets. Refined sugars can promote obesity, tooth decay, and heart disease,

soy flour,

egg yolks (from crammed caged chickens pumped with antibiotics)

vital wheat gluten,

yeast,

nonfat milk, (from chemical laced dairy cows)

yeast nutrients

calcium sulfate – Dietary Supplement, Dough Conditioner, Firming Agent, Nutrient, Sequestrant, Yeast Food,
ammonium sulfate – may cause mouth ulcers, nausea, kidney and liver problems,
dough conditioners

calcium dioxide - irritating to the skin,
monocalcium and dicalcium phosphate - skin and eye irritant,
diammonium phosphate – also used as a fertilizer, fire retardant, used in animal feed as a source of non-protein nitrogen and phosphorous,
sodium stearoyl-2-lacrylate - emulsifier, plasticizer, surfactant,
whey,
starch,
ascorbic acid – Antioxidant, Dietary Supplement, Nutrient, Preservative
sodium bicarbonate – Alkali, Leavening Agent
calcium carbonate – in general can cause mineral deficiencies,
salt,

mono-and-diglycerides - Emulsifier, Foaming Agent, Stabilizer, Suspending Agent, Whipping Agent,

ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides – dough conditioners used to increase volume, emulsifier – may be soy, corn, peanut or fat based. They may cause genetic changes, cancer, birth defects, and allergic reactions,

lecithin – emulsifier,

calcium propionate – (to retain freshness) mold inhibitor,

cellulose gum – made from cotton byproducts, used as a stabilizer shown to cause cancer in animals,

natural and artificial flavors – A single natural or artificial flavor can contain many ingredients; for example the artificial “strawberry” flavor contains 49 ingredients or chemical compounds. Companies keep the identity of artificial (and natural) flavorings secret. Flavorings may include substances to which some people are sensitive, such as MSG or HVP, another way to avoid declaring them on the label – associated with allergies, asthma, hyperactivity, possible carcinogen, allergic or behavioral reactions,

fungal alpha amylase – enzyme secreted by many fungi,

amylase – enzymes from various fungi used as antibacterial additives, imparts flavor, causes the bread to rise. Workers in factories that work with amylase are at increased risk of occupational asthma,

maltogenic amylase – an enzyme preparation produced by recombinant DNA techniques,

pantosenase - information not found,

protease enzymes,

sodium caseinate – casein texturizer, chemically produced milk powder,

corn maltodextrin – starch used as a texturizer and flavor enhancer. Produced by the chemical or enzyme breakdown of corn starch,

corn syrup solids – produced by the chemical or enzyme breakdown of corn starch, corn sugar may cause allergic reactions,

BHT – (to help protect flavor) retards rancidity in oils, can cause liver and kidney damage, allergic reactions, hyperactivity and behavioral problems, infertility, weakened immune system, birth defects, cancer; should be avoided by infants, young children, pregnant women and those sensitive to aspirin, may be toxic to the nervous system, (BHT – banned in England),

Glaze also may contain:

Calcium carbonate – chalk, used as an emulsifier, may cause constipation, occurs naturally in limestone,

agar- stabilizer and thickener obtained from various seaweed,

locust bean gum – a thickener and stabilizer in cosmetics and food extracted from the seeds of the carob tree,

disodium Phosphate – used commercially as an anti-caking additive in powdered products. May cause mild irritation to the skin and mucus membranes,

and sorbitan monostearate – referred to as a synthetic wax, emulsifier, defoamer, and flavor dispersing additive.

http://www.realfoodkosher.com/krispy-kreme-deconstructed/

benzo

I just saw them featured on Unique Sweets last week. Trippeh combos, for sure.

Me? I love love love beignets. Ain't nothin' better'n a beignet completely snowed under with powdered sugar and a good, STRONG cuppa coffee to go with it. NOTHIN' LIKE.

Just sayin'!

You've gotta plan ahead to make these, but believe it, they're worth it! Homemade beignets with one of Dave's fantastic home-roasts.

is that a lil pre-coffee bump i see ?? haha

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
--------------------------------
Yes, if you make them yourself. Ever read the ingredient label on commercial bread these days?? LOL
Here's the Krispy Kreme-shit recipe. ENJOY!

KRISPY KREME ORIGINAL GLAZED DOUGHNUT

Serving size 1 doughnut (52 grams)

Ingredients: Enriched bleached wheat flour- (contains bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine, mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), dextrose, vegetable shortening (partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil), water, sugar, soy flour, egg yolks, vital wheat gluten, yeast, nonfat milk, yeast nutrients (calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate), dough conditioners (calcium dioxide, monocalcium and dicalcium phosphate, diammonium phosphate, sodium stearoyl-2-lacrylate, whey, starch, ascorbic acid, sodium bicarbonate, calcium carbonate), salt, mono-and-diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, lecithin, calcium propionate (to retain freshness), cellulose gum, natural and artificial flavors, fungal alpha amylase, amylase, maltogenic amylase, pantosenase, protease, sodium caseinate, corn maltodextrin, corn syrup solids and BHT (to help protect flavor).
Glaze also may contain: Calcium carbonate, agar, locust bean gum, disodium phosphate, and sorbitan monostearate.

Enriched bleached wheat flour - white flour. The bran and the germ portion of the whole wheat, rich in vitamins and minerals, are refined out. Bleaching is usually done with chlorine which destroys more of the vitamins and must be added back artificially. To compensate for refining out around 20 nutrients, 4 synthetic nutrients are added, niacin (vitamin B3), reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate (synthetic vitamin B1), and riboflavin (vitamin B2). Can lead to nutritional imbalances,

bleached wheat flour,
Niacin – a B vitamin made from water, air and petroleum,
reduced iron Generally recognised as safe,
thiamine – a B vitamin, made from coal tar,
mononitrate,
riboflavin – a B vitamin commonly made from candida yeasts or other bacteria,
folic acid – vitamin made from petroleum (mostly from china),
dextrose- Carrier, Disintegrating Agent, Dispersing Agent, Formulation Aid, Humectant, Moisture-Retaining Agent, Nutritive Sweetener, Tableting Aid, Texture-Modifying Agent, Texturizer

vegetable shortening (partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil) associated with heart disease, breast and colon cancer, atherosclerosis and elevated cholesterol, and obesity. Trans fat is known to increase the “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and decrease the “good” cholesterol (HDL). It can clog your arteries and cause Type 2 Diabetes, as well as other serious health problems. They disrupt nerve cell intercommunication – associated with ADHD and ADHD like symptoms. May contain undeclared synthetic antioxidants (310-312, 319-321), most likely BHA 320 or TBHQ 319, which affect children’s health, behavior and learning.

water

sugar – mostly from sugar beets. Refined sugars can promote obesity, tooth decay, and heart disease,

soy flour,

egg yolks (from crammed caged chickens pumped with antibiotics)

vital wheat gluten,

yeast,

nonfat milk, (from chemical laced dairy cows)

yeast nutrients

calcium sulfate – Dietary Supplement, Dough Conditioner, Firming Agent, Nutrient, Sequestrant, Yeast Food,
ammonium sulfate – may cause mouth ulcers, nausea, kidney and liver problems,
dough conditioners

calcium dioxide - irritating to the skin,
monocalcium and dicalcium phosphate - skin and eye irritant,
diammonium phosphate – also used as a fertilizer, fire retardant, used in animal feed as a source of non-protein nitrogen and phosphorous,
sodium stearoyl-2-lacrylate - emulsifier, plasticizer, surfactant,
whey,
starch,
ascorbic acid – Antioxidant, Dietary Supplement, Nutrient, Preservative
sodium bicarbonate – Alkali, Leavening Agent
calcium carbonate – in general can cause mineral deficiencies,
salt,

mono-and-diglycerides - Emulsifier, Foaming Agent, Stabilizer, Suspending Agent, Whipping Agent,

ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides – dough conditioners used to increase volume, emulsifier – may be soy, corn, peanut or fat based. They may cause genetic changes, cancer, birth defects, and allergic reactions,

lecithin – emulsifier,

calcium propionate – (to retain freshness) mold inhibitor,

cellulose gum – made from cotton byproducts, used as a stabilizer shown to cause cancer in animals,

natural and artificial flavors – A single natural or artificial flavor can contain many ingredients; for example the artificial “strawberry” flavor contains 49 ingredients or chemical compounds. Companies keep the identity of artificial (and natural) flavorings secret. Flavorings may include substances to which some people are sensitive, such as MSG or HVP, another way to avoid declaring them on the label – associated with allergies, asthma, hyperactivity, possible carcinogen, allergic or behavioral reactions,

fungal alpha amylase – enzyme secreted by many fungi,

amylase – enzymes from various fungi used as antibacterial additives, imparts flavor, causes the bread to rise. Workers in factories that work with amylase are at increased risk of occupational asthma,

maltogenic amylase – an enzyme preparation produced by recombinant DNA techniques,

pantosenase - information not found,

protease enzymes,

sodium caseinate – casein texturizer, chemically produced milk powder,

corn maltodextrin – starch used as a texturizer and flavor enhancer. Produced by the chemical or enzyme breakdown of corn starch,

corn syrup solids – produced by the chemical or enzyme breakdown of corn starch, corn sugar may cause allergic reactions,

BHT – (to help protect flavor) retards rancidity in oils, can cause liver and kidney damage, allergic reactions, hyperactivity and behavioral problems, infertility, weakened immune system, birth defects, cancer; should be avoided by infants, young children, pregnant women and those sensitive to aspirin, may be toxic to the nervous system, (BHT – banned in England),

Glaze also may contain:

Calcium carbonate – chalk, used as an emulsifier, may cause constipation, occurs naturally in limestone,

agar- stabilizer and thickener obtained from various seaweed,

locust bean gum – a thickener and stabilizer in cosmetics and food extracted from the seeds of the carob tree,

disodium Phosphate – used commercially as an anti-caking additive in powdered products. May cause mild irritation to the skin and mucus membranes,

and sorbitan monostearate – referred to as a synthetic wax, emulsifier, defoamer, and flavor dispersing additive.

http://www.realfoodkosher.com/krispy-kreme-deconstructed/

That's all well and good, but life is for enjoying. I saw a quote somewhere, I can't remember who by. It went something like....
...... I don't want to die at 100 years old, with a perfectly preserved body. I want to go to the grave skidding in sideways, with the last working part falling off on the way in.

justpassnthru

Veteran
Uncle Ray's Donuts
34664 County Line Road
Yucaipa, CA 91299

Another place in the U.S. is in Washington State, a city called Blaine (last inhabited city before Canada-a few years back), A bakery called Three Sisters, if it is still there. don't think they are, can't google it.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Cop: "Hey! boy!! your eyes sure look red,
have you been drinking?"

Stoner: "No sir, but your eyes look glazed,
have you been eating doughnuts?"

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Mmmmmmmm,...... Dougnuts!!!

Anyone else ever have a Maple glazed BACON doughnut? Only thing that could have made it better would be a custard filling! ;)

The Ham Doughnut was a nice breakfast treat too! :D

BrainSellz

Veteran
Britts Doughnuts hands down...

Located on Carolina Beach in North Carolina
Not a weed friendly area though:(

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
kolah - I'm not exactly sure why you clicked on the thread, but just in case it was to warn people of dangerous ingredients then let me put your worry to rest... at least as far as my health is concerned anyway.

I live in the US.

I smoke cigarettes.

I breathe smog.

I eat GMO whether or not I want to.

I inhale traffic exhaust.

We did extensive nuclear testing that polluted radioactive particles high into the atmosphere that are still circling the globe.

I do not want to live to be a hundred years old wishing I would have caught something far before then that would take me away from such a world.

I choose bacon and tobacco.

To choose my own way out in this evil world is a gift of choice.

Doughnuts are good.

Life kills.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran

Dextrose is a simple sugar.

This is absolutely over the top desperate.

Make your own doughnuts.

You'll see they're not out to get you.

I, on the other hand, am out to get them.

PS If dextrose is evil I don't want to know anything about my cigars.

Latest posts

Latest posts