What's new

Hermaphrodite

sophisto

You guys have an amazing amount of knowledge about the plant we all know and love...It's my first stop over here and wow is all I have to say...had to break out the dictionary to look up a few words.....

Looking forward to learning..

Awesome thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V

Verger OG

I just founds out yesterday that my Durban Poison has some balls and some flowers have released pollen. I checked the old OG FAQ and it says it can pollinate itself. I read 6 pages of this thread and leaned that sometimes pollen is sterile. So I may not have to panick.

This is an 8 week flowering variety or roughly 60 days. I have just 12 days to go. I did not find any male flowers because I have bend the plant down and it won't stretch at all in any direction so the top is one very bushy mass. I found this out when I looked up her skirt so to say. And saw the signs. I removed a big top to be able to get to the unwanted parts.

I am not sure what to do in these cases. I have an Orange Bud in there too. Should I harvest or just wait?

mugentim

i'm 1 week into flowering and the top flower showed pistils but other lower nodes showed balls... can i cut the lower branched and still flower the fem part of the plant ?

Brastaman

mugentim said:
i'm 1 week into flowering and the top flower showed pistils but other lower nodes showed balls... can i cut the lower branched and still flower the fem part of the plant ?

i would say yes, just be sure not to stress the plant too much cuz it might cause the fem part to hermi also.

Ok so i my plants never showed hermi trates from the begining but now that i am on dat 50 of flowering it seems to be like the plant is producing seedless seeds, if that makes any sence. It has very very small seeds inside of the pods, i was wondering if this ment that the plant went hermi. And if so could the hermi plant pollinate the other plants in the room? And if so, will the seeds be fem? good? or crap? And how do you tell if your plant was female to begin with and turned hermie or if it was hermie the whole time???? thx much love

Last edited:

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
so if i make seeds with hermis i always get hermis???? or regular or fem. or what happend

i was wondering if i had 3 female plants and one got stressed to the point of becomming hermi and droped pollon because of a stresser in its life would the next generation of seeds be all female? and would they have a percentage of hermi traits? is that even what you call a true hermi if its not having to do with genetics?

Green Knight

Guys pls help me! I Have a Sk1, and he hermi or intersex like the photo in page 2! She is not ready to crop need more like 1 or 2 weeks, that happend because a overfert!

What u guys advice to me? Crop now? Wait be mature? I had another cycle of this clone and no hermi, u thing i need to get out mom?

Pls suggest and advices!

Ty!

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
if its only 1 or 2 weeks then let her finish and at least then you could shake the girl for hash and the crystals will be at the right point,, cut her now and it maybe a complete waste of time..

it could be overfert, heat spikes,light,humidity etc,,, anything that "stresses" the plant out enough by messing up its various metabolic processes can probably cause dormant genes to activate,, some genetics need less for that to happen..

Liza

I discovered a hermi/intersex plant today. I didn't find any pollen sacs or balls, just nanners or bananas. Although there are little undeveloped seeds in the calyxes. I am on day 41 of flower. If I would have to name one cause of stress it may be overfeeding. I started PK 13/14 along with my regular nutes last week.

picture.php

picture.php

Was I wise to remove it from the grow room? I don't want to pollinate the remaining plants if it's not too late already.

kukac

Hello
Im reading RCC Marijuana Botany and i found something interesting and maybe usefull.

"If the selected staminate parent drops pollen when there are only a few primordial flowers on the pistillate seed parent, then only a few seeds will form in the basal flowers and the rest of the flower cluster will be seedless. Early fertilization might also help fix the sex of the pistillate plant, helping to prevent hermaphrodism."

I dont like feminised seeds and plants, but in guerilla style they might be usefull.
So, question is: if i polinate one flower on feminised plant in early stage of flowering, would that help preventing hèrmaphrodism and fix female sex in plant?
If yes, how would that affect yield and potency of the final product?

Thank you

kukac

Hello
Im reading RCC Marijuana Botany and i found something interesting and maybe usefull.

"If the selected staminate parent drops pollen when there are only a few primordial flowers on the pistillate seed parent, then only a few seeds will form in the basal flowers and the rest of the flower cluster will be seedless. Early fertilization might also help fix the sex of the pistillate plant, helping to prevent hermaphrodism."

I dont like feminised seeds and plants, but in guerilla style they might be usefull. Less plants, less wattering...
So, question is: if i polinate one flower on feminised plant in early stage of flowering, would that help preventing hèrmaphrodism and fix female sex in plant?
If yes, how would that affect yield and potency of the final product?

Thank you

Cheers