What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Male Isolation Chamber

JLP

Veteran
Thanks guys.

Hey Jaykush,yeah I use mine to pollenate in as well unless the fems are too tall.

JLP

M

mosca negra

Thanks John Lee! Making some crosses now w/ HP, C99, CB2, LP#1, C4, etc. Be happy to share the LOVE w/ you. PM me if you're interested. Not that I want to break any rules here of course!

You Rock Man!

Mosca Negra

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
inside1-guinness.jpg
BRILLIANT!

G

a glovebox in reverse... without the gloves... i like it.

edit: why not tape a pair of rubber gloves over the inside of two holes? that way you could work on the plants without having to open the thing.

Last edited:
G

a ventilated plant condom. thats great. Great work JLP. Will build me one of these next time I have some males.

G

JLP said:
Thanks guys.

Hey Jaykush,yeah I use mine to pollenate in as well unless the fems are too tall.

JLP
JLP

I have a Question:

How long do you leave your females in the box with the males to get them fully pollenated?

Bh :wave:

G

could add another fan and a tube to link to a larger female chamber

w a in/out fan in the tube would be pretty mobile too heh even or a cart if you want on wheels like a male space station.. dock him to a lady. imagine the ET plasitc shit everywhere

ill make it when i get around to growing indoors

Last edited:
G

Does the pollen fall to the floor or does it get sucked into the filter which you then pull off and collect or do you collect pods? How do you go about getting pollen for your crosses once its time? I've just now started some seeds for my first intentional cross, lol... I had a mishap about a year ago with a coliseum. Now i have about 32 seeds ready to go and found a milkyway trip male to polinate first, then some others. I'd love however to make some spice of life Donk f2's at the same time as the other crosses. Just curious how to sort out the pollination application dilemma.

Last edited:

Dank-j

Collect the pollen and then apply it with a paintbrush to the buds you want to pollinate. Be sure to turn your fans off or take the woman out of the garden to a different room to sex er up.

groer

Wow I was thinking about making seeds next run and I have no space to grow separately, this should work perfect.

mischievous

what kinda light do u use for it,, how far away is it? does the clear plastic make it harder for light to penetrate or does it not really matter???

JLP

Veteran
Thanks guys.

I don't collect pollen,I've found it works best when fresh.In cases where I only want to pollenate a bud or two I'll just take a q-tip and roll it under an open flower or two.Then pollenate the bud with the q-tip.
Most times I'll put the female in the box and give the male a good shake then close the box and leave it for about 30 minutes to an hour,maybe shake the male a couple times if I remember.I need to get a little fan and put it inside the box so it will keep the pollen stirred up good.
I use a 1000w Hortilux for my grow so there's enough light at the edge where it sits for the males to grow just fine,light penetrates the box just fine.Since you're growing males,light isn't really critical.

JLP

sirharrynuggz

Holy shit! That really is brilliant, and so simple. Thank you very much for this, it will difinitely be itegrated into my garden.