What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where to find info on strains for a website on seeds and clones?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am really interested in seeds and always have been.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I would like to build a website to help track seedpacks and clones[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]which will help you get all the info you need about the strain, but also potentially show you where you can get the seedpack if it is still in circulation or if it is a clone where you could get that clone. My aim is to make a website just for info purposes as I just want there to be more info available on a strain or even on seeds.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here are some typical info lacking on seedpacks:
1. What filial is this seed pack?
2. What were the parents?

I would really like to make a site almost like seedfiner.eu
the only difference would be:
1. My site would have more detailed info and more info
2. My site would try and pair reviews of strains with seeds and breeder
3. My site will be used to keep track of strains in terms of what they are good for medically. e.g Afghan Kush is good for insomnia etc.

I would like to know the following from you guys:
1. What type of fields should I store for each type of data? Any of you who work as programmers or DB admins will know I basically want to know what column names
to give to each table.
2. Where can I get large amounts of data showing me all the info of each strain?

The tables I have:

Breeder (has the following columns):
-id
-breeder
-company
-logo
-website
-instagram
-specialization

Seedbank (has the following columns):
-id
-name
-logo
-website
-instagram
-focus

Strain (has the following columns):
-id
-name
-family
-breeder_id
-filial
-father
-mother

Clone: (has the following columns):
-id
-name
-strain_id
-finder
-clonenursery_id

CloneNursery: (has the following columns):
-name
-id
-logo
-website
-instagram
-menu
-country
Seed: (has the following columns):
-id
-type (regular or feminised)
-strain_id
-flowering_type (photo sensitive or autoflower)

SeedPack (has the following columns):
-id
-quantity
-year
-packaging
-breeder_id
-seed_id
-strain_id

Thanks for your input.
[/FONT]

First thing would be to make an in-depth research about your competitors. See their websites, what posts are most popular and write about the same posts!

Latest posts

Latest posts