What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

One out of five clones suddenly stalled

So a friend gifted me five jack herrer clones last month. About 12 days ago I put them all in a 3x2 foot hole outdoors filled with ocean forest. Watering with straight rain water. For the first ten days or so they were all loving it, and growing very rapidly. Then a couple days ago all of a sudden one of them just kind of stopped. It's turning a slightly pale green color and the leaves are always clawing downward, it just looks.... limp. Meanwhile the other 4 are still doing great and growing like mad, they have a perfect color and just look happy. I'm confused cause all the clones came from the same mother, all were healthy, and all are planted in the same medium recieving the same water. What could cause one of them to just suddenly do this? It's the one at about 3 o'clock in this picture, on the right.

OEX3ke5.jpg

Chemdawggy Dawg

That's a lot of plants for such a small area. I'd keep an eye on it for about a week, if it doesn't perk up just cull it. It looks like you somehow damaged it putting it in the ground.

That's a lot of plants for such a small area. I'd keep an eye on it for about a week, if it doesn't perk up just cull it. It looks like you somehow damaged it putting it in the ground.

Where I live flowering starts outdoors in late july, so they probably won't get huge. And yeah I thought maybe I damaged the roots or something, but the thing is it was doing just fine for the first ten days, it was keeping right up with the other four. It just started looking limp in the last 48 hours.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Where I live flowering starts outdoors in late july, so they probably won't get huge. And yeah I thought maybe I damaged the roots or something, but the thing is it was doing just fine for the first ten days, it was keeping right up with the other four. It just started looking limp in the last 48 hours.
I know! See post #2

I know! See post #2

Haha I know you're right, shit certainly does just happen sometimes. I just like to understand what it is if possible so I can avoid it in the future. I'm just paranoid now that the same thing is going to suddenly happen to the other four healthy clones since I don't know what it is.

Only thing I can think is that LST'ing it with that rock and string somehow screwed it up. But I did the same thing to the plant above it and that's doing just fine... *shrug*

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Only thing I can think is that LST'ing it with that rock and string somehow screwed it up. But I did the same thing to the plant above it and that's doing just fine... *shrug*
Trust me... LST won't cause that, unless you screwed the pooch, doing it!

Well I ended up culling the sick one after it refused to bounce back. But the other four have exploded and are looking great!

Z0MR1Rj.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Plants communicate with each other, and it was established amongst themselves that since you planted too many in that sized space, one of them was going to have to take one for the team. That one was the sacrificial lamb. Seriously though, it's just what happens sometimes. Could have been that that one didn't have as large of a root system as the others, and so it didn't like the amount of water it was receiving. Wouldn't worry about it though. :tiphat: