What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need exhaust fan to turn on only when AC does

Hey guys, so I’m throwing this out there to see if there’s anything I can do to solve my problem.

My room is almost complete but I’ve hit a small snag. So I have a Whynter 14k standup ac with dual hoses in the back. One for intake, one for exhaust.

To exhaust the heat from the ac out of my building I had to attach 30ft of insulated ducting to the original AC exhaust duct.
The duct attaches to a one way damper to exit outside.

I’ve also installed an inline duct fan to help pull air out due to the extra 30 ft section I added.

The issue I have now is that I want the inline fan to turn on ONLY when the ac turns on.

Is there anything I can do to make this work how I envisioned it would?

Thanks guys I appreciate any input I can get ✌️✌️:tiphat:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I've got 4 of them and a couple their humidistats too. Two are three years old now. All bulletproof.

Just put one in the green house.