What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade CANNABIS BIBLIOGRAPHY SORTED AND ALPHABETIZED BY SUBJECT

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
BUMP
I am looking for science papers that I do not have posted here on Cannabis Pests and Diseases, also TERPENES and on Archaeology/History, please help with my search. You can PM to me or post it here so I can add to the CANNABIS BIBLIOGRAPHY SORTED AND ALPHABETIZED BY SUBJECT. Include the DOI number of any articles if you have it or can find it.
Thanks for the help.
PS I have found copied versions of this Bib on several other Cannabis sites, Information is power, and I like the idea of empowering the Cannabis community.
-SamS

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Alkanes of the Essential Oil of Cannabis Sativa
HENDRIKS, H., MALINGRE, T. M., BATTERMAN, S. & BOS, R., 1977, In : Phytochemistry. 16, 6, p. 719-721 3 p.

I ADDED THE FIRST, THE ONE BELOW WAS ALREADY LISTED, thanks for the help-SamS

Laboratory of Pharmacognosy and Galenical Pharmacy, University of Gronlngen,
The Netherlands
THE ESSENTIAL OIL OF CANNABIS SATIVA
By TH. MALINGRE,H. HENDRIKS,S. BATTERMAN,R. Bas and J. VISSER

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I added another 25 papers to the BIB most were in the subject
Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids and some more to subject Cannabinoids.
All the new ones posted have RED titles to make them easier to find. And if you see a RED * they are in the top 5 in that subject.

-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Cannabinoids

"Effects of ultraviolet-B radiation on the growth, physiology and cannabinoid production of Cannabis sativa L"

The DOI is:
10.1111/j.1751-1097.1987.tb04757.x

Edit: Scratch that- this paper is actually an amended/more polished version of the thesis as far as I can tell. So, no DOI known for "Effects of ultra-violet..."

But we could add

UV-B RADIATION EFFECTS ON PHOTOSYNTHESIS, GROWTH AND CANNABINOID PRODUCTION OF TWO Cannabis sativa CHEMOTYPES
Lydon, J., Teramura, A. H., & Coffman, C. B. (1987).
Photochemistry and Photobiology, 46(2), 201–206.
doi: 10.1111/j.1751-1097.1987.tb04757.x
Abstract-The effects of UV-B radiation on photosynthesis, growth and cannabinoid production of two greenhouse-grown C. sativa chemotypes (drug and fiber) were assessed. Terminal meristems of vegetative and reproductive tissues were irradiated for 40 days at a daily dose of 0, 6.7 or 13.4 kJ m-* biologically effective UV-B radiation. Infrared gas analysis was used to measure the physiological response of mature leaves, whereas gas-liquid chromatography was used to determine the concentration of cannabinoids in leaf and floral tissue. There were no significant physiological or morphological differences among UV-B treatments in either drug- or fiber-type plants. The concentration of A'-tetrahydrocannabinol (A"-THC), but not of other cannabinoids, in both leaf and floral tissues increased with UV-B dose in drug-type plants. None of the cannabinoids in fiber-type plants were affected by UV-B radiation. The increased levels of A'-THC in leaves after irradiation may account for the physiological and morphological tolerance to UV-B radiation in the drug-type plants. However, fiber plants showed no comparable change in the level of cannabidiol (a cannabinoid with UV-B absorptive characteristics similar to A' THC). Thus the contribution of cannabinoids as selective UV-B filters in C. sativa is equivocal.

BOTH ARE POSTED ALREADY MINUS THE DOI OF THE FIRST IN IC Cannabis R&D
-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Cannabinoids

Evaluation of prevalent phytocannabinoids in the acetic acid model of visceral nociception.

DOI is missing a character, its actually: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2009.06.009

FIXED, AND THANKS FOR THE HELP....
-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
One more for today

Cannabinoids

Identification and Characterization of Cannabinoids That Induce Cell Death through Mitochondrial Permeability Transition in Cannabis Leaf Cells

DOI is actually: 10.1074/jbc.M700133200

FIXED, CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
IC Terpenes
IC Trichomes

Added some new articles to IC Terpenes and lots more to IC Trichomes Check them out the Trichome articles are very informative.
-SamS

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=278827

it's a lot of links, in no particular order.
...and knowing how much work it was to compile that list, i must give you credit for alphabetizing and directing readers to those abstracts and papers. well done sir!
i hope you find plenty of papers that are not duplicates of this(your) work.

I have the link in Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids included for Granny Storms THE LINKI went through most of it and lifed the most interesting, found the DOI's and abstracts, SORTED AND ALPHABETIZED BY SUBJECT, and added them to my Bib. If you think I missed any great ones point them out so I can add to my BIB.
-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Cannabinoids:

Low Dose Oral Cannabinoid Therapy...

the missing doi is: 10.1038/nature03389 FIXED

Membrane Associated Antitumor Effects...

the missing PMID is: 10810367 (unfortunately, sci-hub cannot find it, even though we know it exists...) Can you search with a PMDI and get the full text?-SamS

Minor oxygenated cannabinoids from high potency Cannabis....

Missing DOI is: 10.1016/j.phytochem.2015.04.007 FIXED

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Cannabinoids

Plasma concentrations of CBD (table/pdf)

That table *I think* belongs to this paper. The link/pdf is pre-publish and is represented as graphs in Figure 2 here:

I POSTED THIS ONE-SamS
Randomized, dose-ranging safety trial of cannabidiol in Dravet syndrome
Orrin Devinsky, MD, Anup D. Patel, MD, Elizabeth A. Thiele, MD, Matthew H. Wong, MD, Richard Appleton, MD, Cynthia L. Harden, MD, Sam Greenwood, PhD, Gilmour Morrison, and Kenneth Sommerville, MD
Neurology, 90(14), e1204–e1211.
doi: 10.1212/wnl.0000000000005254
Objective
To evaluate the safety and preliminary pharmacokinetics of a pharmaceutical formulation of purified cannabidiol (CBD) in children with Dravet syndrome.
Methods
Patients aged 4–10 years were randomized 4:1 to CBD (5, 10, or 20 mg/kg/d) or placebo taken twice daily. The double-blind trial comprised 4-week baseline, 3-week treatment (including titration), 10-day taper, and 4-week follow-up periods. Completers could continue in an openlabel extension. Multiple pharmacokinetic blood samples were taken on the first day of dosing and at end of treatment for measurement of CBD, its metabolites 6-OH-CBD, 7-OH-CBD, and 7-COOH-CBD, and antiepileptic drugs (AEDs; clobazam and metabolite N-desmethylclobazam [N-CLB], valproate, levetiracetam, topiramate, and stiripentol). Safety assessments were clinical laboratory tests, physical examinations, vital signs, ECGs, adverse events (AEs), seizure frequency, and suicidality.
Results
Thirty-four patients were randomized (10, 8, and 9 to the 5, 10, and 20 mg/kg/d CBD groups, and 7 to placebo); 32 (94%) completed treatment. Exposure to CBD and its metabolites was dose-proportional (AUC0–t). CBD did not affect concomitant AED levels, apart from an increase in N-CLB (except in patients taking stiripentol). The most common AEs on CBD were pyrexia, somnolence, decreased appetite, sedation, vomiting, ataxia, and abnormal behavior. Six patients taking CBD and valproate developed elevated transaminases; none met criteria for drug-induced liver injury and all recovered. No other clinically relevant safety signals were observed.
Conclusions
Exposure to CBD and its metabolites increased proportionally with dose. An interaction with N-CLB was observed, likely related to CBD inhibition of cytochrome P450 subtype 2C19. CBD resulted in more AEs than placebo but was generally well-tolerated.
Classification of evidence
This study provides Class I evidence that for children with Dravet syndrome, CBD resulted in more AEs than placebo but was generally well-tolerated.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I posted a bunch more in the BIB mpstly in the subject Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids They were about Hyperemesis Syndrome and Cannabis Allergy, I found quite a few....
-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Edit Cannabinoids:

THC Accumulation in Glands of Cannabis

Pub. Info: I do not add where they work or if they are an MD etc, really I want the titles, journals, DOI or link and abstracts-SamS

Paul G. Mahlberg and Eun Soo Kim,
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN USA;
and Department of Biology, Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea

The Hemp Report
Volume 3, Issue 17, Summer 2001 ISSN 1498-8135

https://www.hempreport.com/issues/17/malbody17.html

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Cannabinoids:

The Therapeutic Potential of Cannabis

Missing DOI: 10.1016/S1474-4422(03)00381-8

FIXED-SamS

Thanks for organizing this information. I started reading the archeological article links and before I knew it an hour had passed. That kind of thing facinates me.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Cannabinoids: Addition to beyondthc- What happens to CBD in the body? link Already posted in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids-SamS

Human Metabolites of Cannabidiol: A Review on Their Formation, Biological Activity, and Relevance in Therapy

Istvan Ujvary, and Lumır Hanus
Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research
Volume 1.1, 2016
DOI: 10.1089/can.2015.0012

Cannabidiol (CBD), the main nonpsychoactive constituent of Cannabis sativa, has shown a wide range of therapeutically promising pharmacological effects either as a sole drug or in combination with other drugs in adjunctive therapy. However, the targets involved in the therapeutic effects of CBD appear to be elusive. Furthermore, scarce information is available on the biological activity of its human metabolites which, when formed in pharmacologically relevant concentration, might contribute to or even account for the observed therapeutic effects. The present overview summarizes our current knowledge on the pharmacokinetics and metabolic fate of CBD in humans, reviews studies on the biological activity of CBD metabolites either in vitro or in vivo, and discusses relevant drug–drug interactions. To facilitate further research in the area, the reported syntheses of CBD metabolites are also catalogued.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Cannabinoid Receptors, Terpenes I will add this to Cannabinoid Receptors and to Terpenes I am surprised I did not have it. -SamS

Beta-caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid.
Gertsch J, Leonti M, Raduner S, Racz I, Chen JZ, Xie XQ, Altmann KH, Karsak M, Zimmer A.
PNAS July 1, 2008 105 (26) 9099-9104
doi: 10.1073/pnas.0803601105
The psychoactive cannabinoids from Cannabis sativa L. and the arachidonic acid-derived endocannabinoids are nonselective natural ligands for cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB(1)) and CB(2) receptors. Although the CB(1) receptor is responsible for the psychomodulatory effects, activation of the CB(2) receptor is a potential therapeutic strategy for the treatment of inflammation, pain, atherosclerosis, and osteoporosis. Here, we report that the widespread plant volatile (E)-beta-caryophyllene [(E)-BCP] selectively binds to the CB(2) receptor (K(i) = 155 +/- 4 nM) and that it is a functional CB(2) agonist. Intriguingly, (E)-BCP is a common constituent of the essential oils of numerous spice and food plants and a major component in Cannabis. Molecular docking simulations have identified a putative binding site of (E)-BCP in the CB(2) receptor, showing ligand pi-pi stacking interactions with residues F117 and W258. Upon binding to the CB(2) receptor, (E)-BCP inhibits adenylate cylcase, leads to intracellular calcium transients and weakly activates the mitogen-activated kinases Erk1/2 and p38 in primary human monocytes. (E)-BCP (500 nM) inhibits lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced proinflammatory cytokine expression in peripheral blood and attenuates LPS-stimulated Erk1/2 and JNK1/2 phosphorylation in monocytes. Furthermore, peroral (E)-BCP at 5 mg/kg strongly reduces the carrageenan-induced inflammatory response in wild-type mice but not in mice lacking CB(2) receptors, providing evidence that this natural product exerts cannabimimetic effects in vivo. These results identify (E)-BCP as a functional nonpsychoactive CB(2) receptor ligand in foodstuff and as a macrocyclic antiinflammatory cannabinoid in Cannabis.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Cannabinoids:

Cannabinoids: Potential Antitumoral Agents?

The missing DOI is: 10.1038/nrc1188
(Would suggest leaving the pdf up, Sci-Hub cannot locate it.)

I will add the DOI anyway... I just did a Sci-Hub search and found it.
-SamS