What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gry could use your thoughts, prayers, meditations, or what ever you have to offer

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Gry I hope you can find the energy to fight the good fight. I know it is hard to accept that people know of your condition and even harder to accept help but we are here and ready to help, no shame in letting some friends help out! Think of the people you have helped on this site, many many!

Stay strong!

Very best vibes headed your way and this one's for you!

M

moose eater

First, I want to thank Lester for putting a solid finger on what may be a part of the real pulse here; humility in asking for help. Forfeiture of some degree of privacy for asking for help and any resulting connection with others.

Especially on an internet forum, where few of us really truly know each other. More of a gamble for some than others.

Hopefully we all find purpose in life, without acquiring any unnecessary or unforeseen scars coming our way, beyond what is already there..
-----------------------------------------

I spoke with Gry a bit ago, making sure to ask if I was phoning too much. He said, "No," and thanked me for my calls.

He reported that he'd had a "rough night."

Yesterday he thought he'd sent me a text with his address, etc.. I never got it. I believe dexterity and focus/concentration is in and out for him at times, and right now, it is often more 'out' than 'in'.

He has more formal pain meds, but a day or 2 ago, stated that he is hesitant to use them when he is not as lucid as he should be for such ingestion.

Even when struggling, he's a pretty smart guy. ;^>)

So today, he motivated me to improve my relationship & skill with my flip-phone, as I rarely text. I sent him a text message, and he replied with pertinent info.

For those who wish to contribute money or goods toward his struggle, please PM me for approval on information sharing. Unfortunately that is where some degree of subjective screening will come into play, with me being the responsible party to take the heat if anything goes sideways.

I have a cell phone number, a physical mailing address, and an email addy for Gry.

He needs (that I know of):

Staple goods for a vegan diet.
Cat food
Money (he's juggling bills right now, using funds intended for 1 account to pay another, and that's a game that eventually has someone's hand coming up short, with consequences to follow).
---------------------------
He has a grocery store across the street from him, per his report. Getting there right now can pose a problem for him.

I asked the other day if there's anyone he can call in an emergency if his pain or other circumstances become less manageable. He referenced 911.

So, the image in my mind, as of a few days ago, is a flat-rate USPS Priority Mail box, with staples, and maybe a crisp $bill or 2 inside, of what ever folks can feel good about. No demand on anyone, just my mind's-eye Jimmy Stewart outcome here.

Thanks again for everyone's concern, and best wishes for Gry.

Absolem

Hey Gry,

It's been an absolute pleasure reading your posts on here. It's people like you that make this site great.

Take care. Wishing you the best.

M

moose eater

Gry hung in through another night, though he still sounds rough.

Thanks to those who have posted well-wishes, or simply engaged in positive thoughts for him. And thanks to those who are sending care packages. It's warming to see people be so generous and thoughtful for others.

I was preparing to toss in some of my favorite snack fruit (unsulfured Turkish dried apricots) when it occurred to me that folks I've known who were in need of dialysis in the past, have been -very- vulnerable to potassium; for some of them it was potentially lethal.

This morning Gry confirmed that he's ingesting -NO- potassium.

So, if anything you were planning to send has potassium on-board, please save it for your own consumption. The thought still counts, and in this case, maybe more than the actual giving.

I still need to find out what, if any, preferences he has for cat food, and whether or not kitty litter, etc., is needed. But his phone died. More on that later, I hope.

Thanks to everyone who has come forth in what ever way. it's all excellent. I was in a fairly down place myself, and seeing this sort of effort and concern helped me to have a better glow on the day, too.

M

moose eater

Addendum.

Gry's cats currently eat Purina dry food. He can use/needs kitty litter.

Thanks again.

M

moose eater

Thanks Tom.

Any help is appreciated.

You're geographically far removed from him, so direct support is a no-go, but there's other ways to provide aid, if you decide to take one of those routes.

I've got enough air miles to fly down round-trip, for free, but privacy, dignity, space, etc., are considerations.

In the mean-time, positive thoughts, prayers, meditations, or just giving cancer and other life-destroyers a good cussing out, will do..

Thanks.

I'm off to gather up some beans, rice, spices, maybe some dehydrated or freeze-dried veggies, cat litter, cat chow, and what ever else fits into a large flat-rate USPS Priority box.

Positive images of Christmas arriving at his door, from places across the Continent. A nice mind's-eye view.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Our best wishes and prayers Gry,
Love and light to you and your family from Mr and Mrs s2
s2:tiphat:

Badfishy1

Damn... Hate to hear my buddy isn’t doing well. Was wondering why he hadn’t answered my pms and hasn’t been around. Truly an special man with a wealth of knowledge.

M

moose eater

Thanks CG.

I wasn't aware of Walmart's shipping services. I'll keep that in mind..

Ended up sending 2 boxes.

I'm hoping he continues to hang in there.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
So very sorry to hear that one of our own is suffering.I'm happy to be able to offer up prayers for his healing and for the alleviation of any pain he is experiencing.

I might also add that the outpouring of concern,is heartwarming.There are a lot of fine people here.

Prayer benefits the recipient as well as the sender.Being able to have compassion for someone we have never met is a wondrous thing,but it can also be both blessing and curse.

Get well Gry.

I hope no one will be offended if I ask those who would like to help,please remember Farmerlions wife in their devotions.

Green

Veteran
Sending love and positive vibrations and blessings your way Gry. Thanks dude for sending those kind pm’s when I had a super sick family member.

M

moose eater

Thanks all, for everything.

Gry phoned back yesterday evening, and sounded better than he had in several days, though he stated the nausea was still quite strong.

I told him about some of the various sources of help that are on the way, and he was moved by that.

A number of days ago he'd stated he needed a miracle, and he referenced that; he's sort of receiving some of that now.

Thanks again; for thoughts, prayers, tangible items, etc.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
hang tough Gry!
there are alot of peeps sending their love your way.

Bless you moose eater for lighting the way.