What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gravita - Do you raise and lower your lights?

nahko

How high above the canopy is too far for the 750w de?

I just got a couple of these and I was told its best to mount them to the ceiling and leave them there. But, what if the canopy doesn't reach the optimal distance of 30 inches? If the distance ends up being 45 inches would you want to lower them?

I'd like to hear about peoples experience with these lights. Should I bother lowering the lights to maintain the 30 inch distance and raise them up as the plants grow?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I have mine on ratchets and move them, I also run 630w DE CMH bulbs in mine and they are much better than the HPS bulbs.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I use ratchets to position my lights IAW PPFD, not height. You get the hang of it after a while e.g 1, 2, 3 clicks etc...

nahko

So it's best to set them to be adjusted then. I really was hoping the "mount em to the ceiling and leave em there" thing was true …. but it didn't sound right lol. I was concerned about plant stretching and possible sub-par buds if the 30 inches from bulb height wasn't reached.

I'll let this run go through as is and set up a pully system for the next run I guess. Plants are currently at 2 weeks into flower and 48 inches away from the bulbs. It's hard to judge if I have suffered any plant stretching, and I'll most likely hit the 30 inches mark by the time they stop growing vertically.